• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Retro City Rampage DX getting limited retail release on PS4

Just tried contacting usps about the delivery, it has been at a sorting facility since the 12th in the UK. Anyone who has received their parcel in the UK, how was it delivered? By royal mail or courier?

Just picked mine up from the Post Office this morning had a card from Royal Mail last night.

DSC0015.jpg

SerTapTap

Man this is even shittier!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sony-Playst...4070?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item2a48f66676

Selling a signed copy from the PlayStation Experience. Why take 1 of 50 signed copies just to flip on eBay

On the plus side he said only one of 50 was sold, probably better than I'd expect otherwise.

I'm pissed that I missed this.
Also how can they license a physical game without an ESRB rating on the cover?

Maybe because it's not in retail stores. Glad it doesn't have it, hate ESRB logos. I'm not 4 years old.

Hubbl3

Unconfirmed Member
I'm pissed that I missed this.
Also how can they license a physical game without an ESRB rating on the cover?

The founder of VBlank made a post about it on Nintendo Age:

BriPov said:
Hi. I founded and run Vblank Entertainment, developer AND publisher of Retro City Rampage. My hobbies include popping up in forums and laying the truth down, then giving PSAs after, to right the wrongs of misinformation which plague the "internet!", hahaha.

To clarify the incorrect assumptions, it's 100% licensed and manufactured by the same official factory that other ps4 games are, went through the same certification as all other games, etc. I am a licensed Playstation publisher and developer.

It is 100% part of the official PS4 library. You can double confirm this by the fact that it has a unique CUSA-XXXXX product code on the side of the case and on the disc. This code can be used by you to organize your collections. This code is for both digital and retail PS4 games. There is an additional retail specific product code on the outer ring of the disc: B4SS-XXXXX, which means Blu-Ray single layer (it's a 25GB disc instead of 50GB, if I remember the two capacities correctly).

UPC codes don't matter unless it's sold in stores. They require national registration which has a small cost as well as time involved. Keeping the time and cost down, I skipped putting a real one on the package. The PS4 product codes are what matter.

The reason it has no ESRB rating is because that would've added $4,000 ($5,000 come January) to the cost (and that's the cheaper indie rate). I spoke with the ESRB and Sony off and on for over a year and was able to get a waiver because it wasn't sold in big box stores, only online.

ESRB ratings are now free for digital but not for retail. Not only would it have cost thousands, it also would've required a lot of submission paperwork and materials. It was already rated for the digital release but that doesn't transfer to retail. If you saw my tweet thanking the ESRB the other day, it's because they've been so cool about all this. It is indeed voluntary on the store's part (although I still needed special permission at Sony due to the way things were set up).

It's the first and only game currently with no ESRB rating on Playstation in North America that I'm aware of (it was quite a long process to get the final approvals).

The digital version has been released on ps3, ps4, ps vita, xbox 360, Wii and 3DS. The digital version has ESRB, PEGI, USK, COB, CERO, KOR, SA (and more) game ratings and has sold over 400,000 paid digital copies with another 270,000 PlayStation plus downloads on top of that. It is not homebrew.

Some of you indeed had your facts correct, but I wanted to pipe in with my PSA to fully clarify things and hopefully play a part in improving the "think twice and fact check first" practice for the others who did not... For the good of the "INTERNETS!".

I'm against trolling, but raising issue when people post false things as fact instead of prefixing their statements with "I think..." may improve the quality of future discussions. I'm a fan of Atari/NintendoAge, and this is an issue with the internet, not specific to here, but the more places that get strict about it, the better discussions will be.

BOILERPLATE PSA: Yes, it's the internet and the norm, but nothing gets under my skin more than those of you who make bold claims as fact which are completely incorrect (you know who you are, and now others who read through these post know who you are too). It spreads misinformation. If you do not know something 100%, prefix your statements with "I think...". Please do this for the sake of my game and all other games, developers and publishers in the future. Again, please make more use of the words, "I think..." when you're uncertain.

http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?StartRow=141&catid=5&threadid=138029

vercity82

Think mines still in a sorting office guess somebody rather nabbed it or just clueless at sorting something thats been there since the 7th December !

Sondar

I'm in the UK & today I had a card shoved through the door from Royal Mail requesting £11.19.

£3.19 Customs fee, £8 Royal Mail handling fee...

Any one else not received their game yet? My tracking number still says the 12th of December was the last update for the parcel.
I have contacted them just before Christmas and they told me to contact on the 6th if I still have not received it.

Top Bottom