• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Retro City Rampage DX getting limited retail release on PS4

fernoca

Yeo, they're shipping them all this week!

UA5YrsT.jpg

Ordered mine with a RCR shirt, CD soundtrack, poster and pins. Can't wait!

ballerusk

Got my shipping mail, but the tracking number doesn't work yet.

Also, I don't live in the US so "please allow 2-6 weeks for delivery".

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
Got my email too, weird cos I was wondering about this order the other day.

Lol@Haikus in the email.

DEAREST CUSTOMER Gen X

ALL OF YOUR STUFF SHIPPED
HAIKU BOT ASKED THE POSTMAN
TO TREAT IT KINDLY
------------------------------

Order #123456:

1x Retro City Rampage DX - PS4

Shipped via USPS to the following address:

Gen X
Ownsville
Population: You.

The customs number for these items is a secret

------------------------------
YOUR TRACKING INFO:
FROM FANGAMER TO YOUR HOME
A WATCHED POT BOILS

hawk2025

Got my copy :O

It came with a build-it-yourself customized receipt... Numbered 1/1703.

I guess I was the first to place the order? :O

5amshift

Banned
Got mine last night! Fangamer threw in a small pin and a little pack of stuff in the order as well. Keeping this baby sealed.

There's one on Ebay already at $86 in bids. The aftermarket price seems pretty high.

I'm thinking that there won't be too much market for these. Yes it's a rare print, but the fact you can buy it digitally anyway for a cheap price will probably mean that most will go that route.

Jamix012

I'm thinking that there won't be too much market for these. Yes it's a rare print, but the fact you can buy it digitally anyway for a cheap price will probably mean that most will go that route.

There are digital copies of games that go for $100s, I think the price will remain pretty high honestly as many people value having a physical copy.

hawk2025

I guess I'm the only one that opened it?

I like this version relative to the original. It feels like it has been tweaked just right :)

Oh man, just checked eBay to see what was out there an a few have sold in the $100 range already. I knew I was going to keep mine sealed as a collector, but could use some dosh for the bills.

What to do...

hawk2025

Oh man, just checked eBay to see what was out there an a few have sold in the $100 range already. I knew I was going to keep mine sealed as a collector, but could use some dosh for the bills.

What to do...

Open it!

Play it!

Enjoy life!

You will never see the Master System disc art if you don't open it :)

Carnby

I got my copy today. Mine is number "111815." What the? I thought there were only 2k copies. It must be a typo.

crashen

I got my copy today. Mine is number "111815." What the? I thought there were only 2k copies. It must be a typo.

I think that's the order number. Mine is 111888, which is the order number in my confirmation email from them as well.

Carnby

I think that's the order number. Mine is 111888, which is the order number in my confirmation email from them as well.

Ah, I see.

Btw I'm seeing a lot of these for sale on eBay at inflated prices. I predict this game's value will bottom out at 50 or 60 dollars.

emb

Just got mine. :D

I'm gonna open it and play it, but for now it's going into the 'open on Christmas Eve' box, along with anything else I get for myself between now and then.

fernoca

The poster should be here on Monday. Playing DX on PSTV anyway, so the game will stay wrapped...for now.

And yep..Fangamer always put the order number in random cards with your name in a game related artwork, notes, origamis...made by the fans. Also throw a pin or sticker...or two. Really cool site.

What to do...

I'm in the same boat , since I just bought a PS4, need to recoup costs

But the sticker pack has my name :D that's cool B^)

Has anybody in Europe got their copy yet? My tracking number still doesn't work.

Not yet, although I do have something to go pick up from the post office that required a signature.

20 up on eBay now! Shame to see people just flipping them for a profit.

Seems Fangamer put the buyers names on the stickers, Landon and Kyle come forward for the hall of shame lol

Got mine in yesterday, going to keep it for the sake of having something in my meager collection that is somewhat rare. I've already got it on the Vita and 3DS so no need to crack the seal on this one.

Love the additional papercraft Fangamer included personalized with my name. I didn't even realize it was this way until I looked more closely and saw that it was hand written!

So glad I was able to snag one of these before they sold out.

Not got mine yet (UK), but the tracking is working. It is in London now, so hopefully it should be here by the end of the week.
I'm not opening it, just going to store away.

fernoca

Yeah, Fangamer always put your name (or any name you want if it's a gift), along the order number as a receipt of sorts. Also a few random pins and/or stickers.

Mine was a card to build a Slippy and 3 pins: question mark, jigsaw piece and a chocobo silhouette.

Always great. I recently ordered a Zelda hoodie as a gift, but forgot to add it was a gift. The pins were Nintendo themed and the card was also from Zelda...but with my name on it. Contacted them to see if it was possible to buy a card, but with my friend's name on it. And they ended sending another one, with even more pins and Zelda stickers...free too!

On-topic, got the poster and put it on a wall. The game, shirt, CD and pins look so great...wrapped. Will continue like that. XD

All this actually got me more interested on RCR. Enjoyed the original on Vita, but didn't played it much. With this retail release I also ended buying DX digitally in PSN (to get the PS4,3 and Vita versions) and ended playing it on the PSTV.

Carl

Got mine this morning. Pretty good for international delivery with the cheapest option. It looks damn cool

blacksark

I am from Spain and I ordered this game and I paid the lowest shipping which includes a customs number but I don't know if that's the tracking number or where do i have to enter it since I write it on my postal office website and doesn't apperar the order.
I'm worried because I don't know if this should have arrived already, anyone who has orderer from Spain or near and has it/doesn't have it yet?

ballerusk

Blacksark: I ordered to Norway and the tracking number doesn't work on USPS nor my national post website. We just have to have some patience I guess.

I am from Spain and I ordered this game and I paid the lowest shipping which includes a customs number but I don't know if that's the tracking number or where do i have to enter it since I write it on my postal office website and doesn't apperar the order.
I'm worried because I don't know if this should have arrived already, anyone who has orderer from Spain or near and has it/doesn't have it yet?

Pretty sure the cheapest shipping option has no tracking. I'm in Australia and haven't received it yet, but I don't really expect to show up until January anyway. It's a bad time of the year for international packages in the mail!

blacksark

Thanks for answering me, I know it's a bad moment in the year but I always like to have "control" with the tracking number so I know when to expect the package to arrive and so on, anyway we'll have to be patients until it arrives

Retsudo

I'm from Portugal, and i got my copy on friday. But i paid for an express shipping with tracking from USPS. There was a code for me to use on the USPS site, which came in the mail from fangamer telling me the game had shipped from the US.

I ordered a few tracking stopped tracking a week ago since then nothing :( im from london

Mine was stuck in the Portuguese customs for the better part of last week. Maybe yours is in the same process?

I clicked on this thread and was super excited! Then I saw the date it was posted...
Oh well, congrats to everyone who got one! Looks awesome.

Edit: Damn, they're going for quite a bit on eBay. Guess I'm sticking with digital.

I clicked on this thread and was super excited! Then I saw the date it was posted...
Oh well, congrats to everyone who got one! Looks awesome.

Edit: Damn, they're going for quite a bit on eBay. Guess I'm sticking with digital.

I think the devs were raffling off some on twitter or something too, but that was about a week ago

Just tried contacting usps about the delivery, it has been at a sorting facility since the 12th in the UK. Anyone who has received their parcel in the UK, how was it delivered? By royal mail or courier?

Top Bottom