• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RIP Total Biscuit

DCDW

God damn Cancer. TotalBiscuit had a very fair pro-consumer stance on gaming and his views on the industry are seldom heard nor articulated as well as outside of TBs. A good man who was taken too soon. RIP John Bain.

Austin Walker liking a subtle tweet from someone saying Twitter is about to become insufferable due to the news.. Games journalism ladies and gentlemen

InterMusketeer

Gold Member
Real sad. I didn't think it'd be this soon. He made that post recently where he had plans to keep doing podcasts and stuff for a while. Guess that wasn't meant to last...

R.I.P.

jowell24

I remember watching him for the first time from his WTF series. Loved his Shoutcraft streams too - only Star Craft 2 matches I would watch because of him.

Rest In Peace

I only look at user reviews now but his were well made and informative.

I was kind of expecting(hoping for?) him to pull through. it's a shame he isn't around anymore but he could keep doing what he wanted until the end and thats what most of us can only hope for.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
Very sad news. Rest in peace, TB.

One of the best PC centric channels out there.

I'm going to rewatch some of his stuff tonight.

Last edited:

xStoyax

Banned
The responses in this community are a lot better than whats going on with the reeeeeetards who split from gaf. Maybe it can recover yet - as long as evilore doesn't let the inmates run the asylum again.

I looked over there when I shouldn't have. Those people are the lowest of the low. Full of hatred & denial since they live in an echo chamber. How miserable do you have to be to act so shitty over a young 33 year old dying of a terrible illness especially when we know he suffered greatly in the end. I sure as hell don't want to be part of no era that treats humans that way. Rest in Peace TB. I feel horrible for his family.

Dunki

He was he biggest influencer regarding PC Gaming and a big part of this Industry. It is really devastating when people die at such a young age.

Rest in peace John....

Denton

This is devastating news to wake up to. What a legend. Even when I don't believe in afterlife I hope there is one for people like him.

Zimbardo

Sad news. I really enjoyed watching his 'WTF' videos from time to time. He was always interesting, informative, and well spoken. Sympathies to his family and friends. So sorry. RIP.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Man that really sucks. I can't imagine how painful it must be. How hard it is for his wife right now. How his fans and the people who loved him feel. It really sucks that society hasn't found a cure yet. He was a year older than me. I could relate with his enjoyment even if I didn't catch his show all the time. What a shame. We are blessed to have heard about him and got to share the same life and hobbies as him.

Last edited:

Ka-Kui

RIP

Though I was never a regular viewer of his stuff I'll still feel an empty gap in the games community knowing he's not around anymore.

WaterAstro

Damn. He fought as hard as he could. RIP.
Man that really sucks. I can't imagine how painful it must be. How hard it is for his wife right now. How his fans and the people who loved him feel. It really sucks that society hasn't found a cure yet. He was a year older than me. I could relate with his enjoyment even if I didn't catch his show all the time. What a shame. We are blessed to have heard about him and got to share the same life and hobbies as him.
There is a cure for most cancers. It's just to be healthy.
People need to understand that everyone has cancer, but why they don't manifest is because our immune system kills cancer cells before they grow too much. Also, getting ill often makes it so your immune system is busy with your illness which could let cancer cell growth occur.

Orpheum

Holy shit. This hit me hard...

Find your peace and all the best to his family, especially his wife. I can't imagine how tough this must have been from the very start

lifa-cobex

33 is far too young. The guy had a great body of work through so many years. Dude was at the top of his game. Will be missed.

Last edited:

Paasei

Rest in peace, John.

I will miss you.

Those WTF is.... videos really helped me a lot on tons of games. Not only sharing your opinion, but actually doing so during the actual gameplay. Best way to decide if it was something for me yes or no.
Pro consumer from the start till the end.

Last edited:
Top Bottom