• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RoboCop Rogue City Playtest Application

RagnarokIV

If you're as excited for this game as me, consider applying for the playtest!

Hey everyone!

Our team here at TEYON are working on our all-new title, RoboCop: Rogue City, published by Nacon. (watch the trailer)

We have now reached the point of development where we are looking for feedback from players to help us enhance the game experience we want to provide.

As RoboCop: Rogue City is still in development, you might encounter a few bugs during your session. Feel free to share those with us so that we can address the problems as quickly as possible. Our goal for this Playtest is to focus on balancing.

This Playtest will be under NDA.

You will therefore not be allowed to divulge any information about the game in its current state.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
This Playtest will be under NDA.

You will therefore not be allowed to divulge any information about the game in its current state.
Once I start headshotting people and hear "your move creep" I'd probably have to break NDA to tell everyone about it. I don't want to go to prison. Will have to wait for the full release.

If you get in though, just tell them to make his handgun sound effects louder, every time you fill out a survey. People should have to worry about blowing their speakers.

RagnarokIV

Once I start headshotting people and hear "your move creep" I'd probably have to break NDA to tell everyone about it. I don't want to go to prison. Will have to wait for the full release.

If you get in though, just tell them to make his handgun sound effects louder, every time you fill out a survey. People should have to worry about blowing their speakers.
Get a load of that fucken gun!

Moses85

PC only booooo
Yes!

Half Baked Boo GIF

I’m looking forward to it however I’m a bit irked the gun sound effect from the films isn’t there nor are Robocops mechanical sounds.

It’s not a big deal , it’s just I feel layers like that add to the overall experience

If either of us are accepted, we must do our part.

I’m sure they are aware from what I’ve seen on social media replies to the devs posts.

It may be a licence issue from preventing them to implement the effects or sadly an oversight.

They shouldn’t need to be told tho , things like that should be a given.

RagnarokIV

i applied but they told me i dont have enough experience shooting minorities in detroit
Boddicker was actually very progressive, a true equal opportunities employer. Among his ranks were Polish-American with Emil, African-American with Joe Cox and Chinese-American with Steve Minh.
At no point does he advertise this. None of his actions are racially motivated and he doesn't even body shame the fat-bald Sal in his cocaine factory. While the conversation does get aggressively charged - it's strictly business related and personal appearance is left at the front door.

Madonis

People should have realistic expectations. The Terminator game they did was surprisingly good but, to be honest, not something spectacular. It was a low-to-mid budget title.

In any case, I'm sure they will hear a lot of comments about the sound effects. It's probably a licensing issue more than anything else. I think what they've shown of the game looks decent to me.

Last edited:

RagnarokIV

A vast majority of those he shoots in the movie are white people?
Other than Joe Cox and Steve Minh, the criminals and people RoboCop kill are white.
Mom and Pop store gunman, 2 assaulters on the lady, majority of coke factory goons and Sal.

Drizzlehell

Banned
Sounds like it could be fun but my crippling inability to commit to anything that I'm not being paid for would prevent me from participating.

poodaddy

I tried. I got a feeling I won't be selected, as I haven't done an alpha or beta before, but man I'd love to try it.

Top Bottom