• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocksmith 2014 |OT| - Everything is improved, except the OT.

So, I have discovered that not playing for three months really wrecks you... is there anyway to reset all the difficulties of a song?

Also, one of the reasons I went back is because I finally bought Wonderwall... and it requires something called a Capo? I don't mind buying one, but what is it and which one should I get?

A capo is a device you put across the fret board to change the key without change the standard tuning of the guitar. You can get them from Guitar stores, cost less than £10 last time I bought one. I have known people to use elastic bands to the same effect, but I've never tried it and not sure I'd recommend it.

So, I have discovered that not playing for three months really wrecks you... is there anyway to reset all the difficulties of a song?

Also, one of the reasons I went back is because I finally bought Wonderwall... and it requires something called a Capo? I don't mind buying one, but what is it and which one should I get?

This is what you need

If you want to reset all the difficulties you could start a new profile, or you can just adjust the songs with Riff Repeater

firehawk12

Subete no aware
A capo is a device you put across the fret board to change the key without change the standard tuning of the guitar. You can get them from Guitar stores, cost less than £10 last time I bought one. I have known people to use elastic bands to the same effect, but I've never tried it and not sure I'd recommend it.
I wonder why you'd use a capo instead of just tuning up or down? Is that to just save the tuning necessary? Of course having only one song that uses the capo is also a bit of a pain as well. lol

This is what you need

If you want to reset all the difficulties you could start a new profile, or you can just adjust the songs with Riff Repeater
Does that reset it permanently or only for the one time you use the riff repeater? I guess going in to change it isn't a big deal.

I wonder why you'd use a capo instead of just tuning up or down? Is that to just save the tuning necessary? Of course having only one song that uses the capo is also a bit of a pain as well. lol

Does that reset it permanently or only for the one time you use the riff repeater? I guess going in to change it isn't a big deal.

It keeps the chord shapes too, so you'd play the Am chord shape further up the fret board, so you don't have to 'relearn' a new shape for familiar chords.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
It keeps the chord shapes too, so you'd play the Am chord shape further up the fret board, so you don't have to 'relearn' a new shape for familiar chords.
Oh yeah, I guess having everything adjusted down means the chords are the same too. Kind of annoying to need to use it for just one song though, since it feels like it's out of the scope for the rest of the game.

Speaking of which, is there a new procedure to use customs? I tried using the RS Custom Toolkit to convert a file to the Cherub Rock dlc code, but it doesn't let you convert from PC to PC. Is the procedure to just convert from PC to Mac, and then back from Mac to PC to get the song id on the file?

Xyber

Speaking of which, is there a new procedure to use customs? I tried using the RS Custom Toolkit to convert a file to the Cherub Rock dlc code, but it doesn't let you convert from PC to PC. Is the procedure to just convert from PC to Mac, and then back from Mac to PC to get the song id on the file?

Are you trying to convert a RS1 song to 2014? That won't work. It only converts 2014 customs between the different platforms.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Are you trying to convert a RS1 song to 2014? That won't work. It only converts 2014 customs between the different platforms.
Is there a difference on customsforge? I'm not sure what format it is in.

It just doesn't let me "convert" from PC to PC. I have to change it to another format first. Unless there's another way to inject the Cherub Rock code into the song that I'm missing?

Xyber

Is there a difference on customsforge? I'm not sure what format it is in.

It just doesn't let me "convert" from PC to PC. I have to change it to another format first. Unless there's another way to inject the Cherub Rock code into the song that I'm missing?

All songs on customsforge are only for 2014. And most songs already use the Cherub Rock ID. To change it in the toolkit you go to the Packer/unpacker tan and press "Choose DLC" and it will repack it with the ID selected.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
All songs on customsforge are only for 2014. And most songs already use the Cherub Rock ID. To change it in the toolkit you go to the Packer/unpacker tan and press "Choose DLC" and it will repack it with the ID selected.
Ah yeah, I see it now. I thought that was to specifically unpack songs instead of changing the ID. I guess they added that from ages ago when I used it!

XShagrath

I don't have to do anything with customs for RS2014. I just throw them in the dlc/customs folder and they automatically show up. All I did to set this up was throw a dll (that I got from their forums) in the RS2014 main folder. Couldn't be any easier.

For some reason only "China Grove" and "Kiss on my List" are available to buy on Steam. "Escape" and "I Keep Forgettin" are listed but have N/A listed for price and don't have a button to buy. Toto is missing completely.

For some reason only "China Grove" and "Kiss on my List" are available to buy on Steam. "Escape" and "I Keep Forgettin" are listed but have N/A listed for price and don't have a button to buy. Toto is missing completely.

Yeah Steam is fucked up, hopefully it'll be fixed by the next update (1 PM EST)

UbisoftStudioSF ‏@UbisoftStudioSF 44s
More
We're aware of the listing issue with Steam and we've reached out to Valve to get it solved. Hold the line -- DLC isn't always on time.

Nicely done! haha

Rocksmith might just be my darkhorse contender for GOTY. I've probably played it more than any other game (after Football Manager), it's fun, well supported and mixes computer games, music and guitar together. I hope it gets the recognition it deserves in whatever awards are worthwhile, as it really is a great bit of software and a fun game.

Xyber

Nicely done! haha

Rocksmith might just be my darkhorse contender for GOTY. I've probably played it more than any other game (after Football Manager), it's fun, well supported and mixes computer games, music and guitar together. I hope it gets the recognition it deserves in whatever awards are worthwhile, as it really is a great bit of software and a fun game.

It was released in October last year, so it won't be on any lists. It's still my GOTY for this year though, going strong with almost 220 hours in it now.

That's a fair point haha totally forgot it was released so late in the year, bah. I sort of like that Ubisoft SF are 'ok' with custom DLC too, as long as it's not conflicting with paid DLC.

Xyber

That's a fair point haha totally forgot it was released so late in the year, bah. I sort of like that Ubisoft SF are 'ok' with custom DLC too, as long as it's not conflicting with paid DLC.

I think the community have done a pretty good job making sure any songs released as DLC are removed from customsforge and replaced with links to the steam store instead. And the studio seems to just ignore everything CDLC related if asked, they probably don't want to acknowledge it exists. But they have also not done anything to prevent it through patches in either games.

And my song list is starting to get pretty big now, probably have around 500 songs in total, takes a while to load them all in when I launch my game. :p

Only downside with customs is that so many are just pure crap in so many ways. Bad tones, no tones at all, completely out of sync (do they even test the damn song?), super slow scroll speed and bad tabs.

One of my favorite custom maker is Glen. Very similar music taste, always perfectly synced and good tones. Too bad he doesn't share his stuff on customsforge, so not a lot of people can get his stuff. Having a blast with Tornado of Souls that he made yesterday, rhythm in that one is really fun to play. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aw9RhiHbujs

That section at 14 seconds and then later on almost halfway through the song really forces me to practice using my pinky. That's one of my big weaknesses right now. Making progress though!

Yeah, agree with the feeling that some of the cDLC quality is terrible. There are some really well tabbed Metallica songs out there, but the tone they've created sounds like a bunch of angry hornets trapped in jam (jelly).
I've had a few that breaks Real Tone in general, or simply don't load up at all leading to a lot of reboots of the game.

I shouldn't be too critical as it probably takes a ton of work to create these tabs and get them to sound perfect.
The main thing I'm doing now is work through E Standard songs and seeing which ones I want to keep and which ones aren't worth the time.

Coins

Banned
I think the community have done a pretty good job making sure any songs released as DLC are removed from customsforge and replaced with links to the steam store instead. And the studio seems to just ignore everything CDLC related if asked, they probably don't want to acknowledge it exists. But they have also not done anything to prevent it through patches in either games.

And my song list is starting to get pretty big now, probably have around 500 songs in total, takes a while to load them all in when I launch my game. :p

Only downside with customs is that so many are just pure crap in so many ways. Bad tones, no tones at all, completely out of sync (do they even test the damn song?), super slow scroll speed and bad tabs.

One of my favorite custom maker is Glen. Very similar music taste, always perfectly synced and good tones. Too bad he doesn't share his stuff on customsforge, so not a lot of people can get his stuff. Having a blast with Tornado of Souls that he made yesterday, rhythm in that one is really fun to play. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aw9RhiHbujs

That section at 14 seconds and then later on almost halfway through the song really forces me to practice using my pinky. That's one of my big weaknesses right now. Making progress though!

How do you get this guy's stuff?

Xyber

How do you get this guy's stuff?

Another forum that is invite only that was created when shit went down on smithyanvil. They want a smaller community without all the people who just download stuff and never giving feedback. Most people there also post their songs on customsforge as well. It's mainly Glen who doesn't want his stuff to be shared outside of that forum.

Another forum that is invite only that was created when shit went down on smithyanvil. They want a smaller community without all the people who just download stuff and never giving feedback. Most people there also post their songs on customsforge as well. It's mainly Glen who doesn't want his stuff to be shared outside of that forum.

lol RobotMama and dreddfox are on there as well I assume

Coins

Banned

Anyway to snag an invite. I'll feedback all day long if it means quality songs. It seems that that half the stuff I download on customforge is...subpar.

DjTXtF6.jpg

Onqn5GC.jpg

My "I can put the PS3 in the cupboard now" checklist:

A Souls Game
A Rocksmith game (pref. with DLC licences intact)
Media support that matches the PS3

First confirmed, second looking highly likely. Just need Sony's OS team to get their shit together.

If this is true I wonder how they'll get around the analogue output/lag issue, considering the PS4 only has an optical out?

Well that's good to know!

Trying to think of more songs I'd like to see in a Bass Player Pack. It's pretty tough.

Nativity in Black - Ozzy
Anesthesia - Metallica

firehawk12

Subete no aware
It'd be funny if Dan was still giving away copies of Guitar Hero Metallica as swag. Apparently he had thousands of them back when he was doing Activision PR.

Is there a list anywhere that details which licensed Amps, Cabs, FX pedals the 'generic' ones in-game are trying to be?

I've not really played around with the Tone Designer, but I think it's time.

Good job! I always find the syncopation rhythm parts off putting in Rocksmith due to the delay. I'm OK if I know the song inside and out, but trying to learn them in a new song is tough.

Biffy Clyro Song Pack – $11.99

Biffy Clyro “Black Chandelier” – Eb Drop Db
Biffy Clyro “Bubbles” – Eb Standard
Biffy Clyro “Many of Horror” – Eb Drop Db
Biffy Clyro “Mountains” – Eb Drop Db
Biffy Clyro “Stingin’ Belle” – Drop C

number11

I'm definitely interested in picking this one up. I know most will probably disagree, but this game needs more 'modern' (90s+) mainstream music.

oxidax

Soo I just got this and I i kinda want colored strings :/

I love it tho. Im 13% into "Now" by Paramore spending about 30m a day on it (for the last 3 days). About 90% accuracy every time I play it. This is good, man! I've never played guitar before and I feel like I can play what ive played so far without looking tat he tab thingy.

Are they going to release more music?

xeris

Soo I just got this and I i kinda want colored strings :/

I love it tho. Im 13% into "Now" by Paramore spending about 30m a day on it (for the last 3 days). About 90% accuracy every time I play it. This is good, man! I've never played guitar before and I feel like I can play what ive played so far without looking tat he tab thingy.

Are they going to release more music?

There's a ton of DLC already and more released every week. Although if you have the Steam version of 2014 there can be problems getting some of the old stuff due to Steam not playing well with allowing DLC to work with more than one game. Also you may want to consider joining the 60 day challenge if you haven't. Kinda fun way to track what you've done.

Top Bottom