• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocksmith 2014 |OT| - Everything is improved, except the OT.

ohmy.gif

I hope they have bass strings too, those are awesome.

Edit: Yes! They do. So bought.

Edit 2: Ouch, $30, and the guitar are only $8. Is that normal?

oxidax

There's a ton of DLC already and more released every week. Although if you have the Steam version of 2014 there can be problems getting some of the old stuff due to Steam not playing well with allowing DLC to work with more than one game. Also you may want to consider joining the 60 day challenge if you haven't. Kinda fun way to track what you've done.

Every week!!? thats awesome! I have the steam version but I never purchased the old Rocksmith. Does that matter?
I just read about the challenge. Might as well join!

Dude thank you so much! I get so frustrated when I hit the wrong string. I guess ill do it for a while with the colored ones and then switch back to normal when It feels right.

xeris

Every week!!? thats awesome! I have the steam version but I never purchased the old Rocksmith. Does that matter?
I just read about the challenge. Might as well join!

I have the old one for the ps3 (got it for basically the price of the cord) and don't find it as good for teaching as 2014. What having the old one registered on steam will do is allow you to buy the DLC that hasn't been set up by Steam to work for both. 2014 will still import it like normal. Some songs are set up to work without doing that trick. Jessica for one. Oh, and to do that you don't need to pay the $10 disc import fee, just have Steam know you own the game either thru Steam or somewhere else. My plan is to wait for a good sale to get the old one and just get the 2014 DLC till then.

Is there any way to flip the layout of how the chords are displayed?

The game visualizes E like this:

-------
----2-
----3-
-------
--1---
-------

with the low E on the top, which makes no sense to me because my brain visualizes like this:

-------
--1---
-------
----3-
----2-
-------

with the low E on the bottom -- like it should be if I'm looking down at the guitar, not at someone playing in front of me.

Do I have to rewire my brain?

Is there any way to flip the layout of how the chords are displayed?

The game visualizes E like this:

-------
----2-
----3-
-------
--1---
-------

with the low E on the top, which makes no sense to me because my brain visualizes like this:

-------
--1---
-------
----3-
----2-
-------

with the low E on the bottom -- like it should be if I'm looking down at the guitar, not at someone playing in front of me.

Do I have to rewire my brain?

There is definitely an option for this. Poke around in the settings for a little bit and you should find it. Sorry I can't tell you exactly where it is since I'm at work and can't boot up the game right now. But the option is definitely in the game because I swapped it back and forth for awhile and experimented for which layout worked best for me in the game. If you don't find the option I can check it when I'm home and let you know specifically where to find it.

Varna

What's strange is that once I learned to play power chords with ease, barre chords never gave me a problem. Still struggling with regular chord transitions though.. :/

I had the same problem. Check out justinguitar.com. Dude has a really great concept to help with chord changes.

Duran Duran Song Pack – $7.99

Duran Duran “Hungry Like The Wolf”
Duran Duran “Rio”
Duran Duran “Ordinary World”

All Songs in E Standard (Lead/Rhythm/Bass)

Xyber

Why did it pop up w/ the weekly download stuff? My pic cut off but there was a locked icon where the % is. Are they now advertising random tracks now...?

I've been getting random songs pop up for me like that too. Don't think they only promote the latest stuff, but I can be wrong. It is a good way to show what's available without being too pushy about it.

I've been getting random songs pop up for me like that too. Don't think they only promote the latest stuff, but I can be wrong. It is a good way to show what's available without being too pushy about it.

It's the first time I've noticed it but maybe the ones they were promoting before I already have.

Next week's DLC

Grieg “In The Hall of the Mountain King”
Mozart “Turkish March”
Bach “Fugue in G Minor”
Beethoven “Moonlight Sonata”
Wagner “Ride of the Valkyries”

Barmaley

Neo Member
Next week's DLC

Mozart “Turkish March”
Bach “Fugue in G Minor”

Whoa, at last some dlc that's not complete garbage! (though I'm probably alone with this opinion)
Time to dust off the rocksmith cable.

edit: I wonder if it will require fingerstyle playing

Someone released like 30+ (or so it seemed) Arctic Monkey customs the other day (and they all have dynamic difficulty). Looks like there's about 60 songs total available.
I have the game on ps3 and I don't want to spend the money on the Mac version since I doubt my computer can run it well.

Shadybiz

http://www.esrb.org/ratings/synopsis.jsp?Certificate=33577&Title=Rocksmith 2014

This is happening for sure now, there's no way it's not

Next-Gen Rocksmith

Awesome; I have a friend who really wants to get into the game, but wanted to wait for the PS4 version. He'll be happy to hear this!

Next week's DLC

Mozart “Turkish March”
Bach “Fugue in G Minor”

That is...pretty cool. I think I'll spring for that.

Aye they're were the Proto-hipster UK band, all their EPs were on limited edition photo-print Vinyls. I was working in a record store in Yorkshire just as they became 'sorta famous' and all these people wanted them. Gits.
First time I've heard AM accused of being anything close to hipster. I have a bunch of picture disk 7" and LPs... So what?

Xyber

Bachsmith Song Pack – $4.99 (No Single Tracks)

In the Hall of The Mountain King (Arranged by Gregory Barr)
“Little” Fugue in G Minor (Arranged by Anthony Martinez)
Moonlight Sonata: Adagio Sostenuto (Arranged by Shane Gann)
Ride Of The Valkyries (Arranged by Jason Kocol)
Rondo Alla Turca (Arrranged by Matt Montgomery)

http://www.theriffrepeater.com/rocksmith-2014-presents-bachsmith-dlc-0826-2014/

Alright, that's even cooler than I thought it would be. They all sound like they will be really fun to play (and some stuff quite hard :p).

Orgun

Friend just gave me this, so i've ordered a cable and bough Rocksmith 2014 on steam.

IMG_20140825_190330.jpg

I'm gonna be that guy.. Top 5 most wanted dlc:

1. The Smiths
2. Arctic Monkeys
3. Hot Water Music
4. Arcade Fire
5. The Killers

+ more Clash, Black Keys, Strokes and Weezer!

Top Bottom