• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocksmith 2014 |OT| - Everything is improved, except the OT.

"Say It Aint So" just kept saying to tighten my string ... and tighten ... and tighten. Got within 100 of getting it ... and the string snapped. FFS.

something must be wrong with the tuning of that song because it kept telling me to loosen the strings. I'd get it all tuned and then it would tell me to loosen it more. So far i've only stuck with the standard E tuning.

Anyone else having tuning troubles with Say it aint so?

DagsJT

I think you tuned the wrong string in that case, you are supposed to tune down for that song. :p

Well it said my tuning was at 900 or so. So I kept turning and the numbers got closer to 0. I'm a complete beginner to guitar and if the game is telling me I need to tune a certain string then that's what I'll do. Sucks though, no shops around here open tomorrow to get replacement strings.

Rapstah

Well it said my tuning was at 900 or so. So I kept turning and the numbers got closer to 0. I'm a complete beginner to guitar and if the game is telling me I need to tune a certain string then that's what I'll do. Sucks though, no shops around here open tomorrow to get replacement strings.

You were tuning the wrong string. Depending on if you're tuning up or down, it'll start on different ends.

Rapstah

The game highlighted the string second from the end of the neck, which was what I turned.

There's no other way for the tuner to say "-999", unless it's a bug. I'm not blaming you, it sucks that you lost a string and can't play the game.

DagsJT

There's no other way for the tuner to say "-999", unless it's a bug. I'm not blaming you, it sucks that you lost a string and can't play the game.

That's the thing though. As I tuned, the numbers clearly started getting closer to 0. I'd stop and turn in smaller increments and it would get closer to 0 in smaller increments. It had to be the right string otherwise the numbers surely wouldn't change?

I've sent a tweet to @Rocksmithgame asking if there's a problem with that song so we'll see if they come back. But surely others would've happened across the same issue by now?

Anyway, worth keeping an eye on that song.

Rapstah

Tuning any string towards the tone the tuner was looking for would reduce the number. In Rocksmith 1, I believe "1000" was a full octave. If it was -900 and getting closer to 0 as the string broke, you were probably tuning the A or D string instead of the B string. Or at least that's what the game thought.

danwarb

Is there a fix for, or is anyone else having trouble with DLC not showing up as bought in the store, and thus not being importable?

This is with the 360 version.

Xyber

I can only speak for myself, but I had not problems tuning to Say it Ain't So.

Is there a fix for, or is anyone else having trouble with DLC not showing up as bought in the store, and thus not it being importable?

I know that the DLC worked right away on PS3, on PC we got a patch the day after release I think that fixed it so the DLC showed up. Haven't heard anything about 360 though.

Storm360

Is there a fix for, or is anyone else having trouble with DLC not showing up as bought in the store, and thus not it being importable?

Are you using the same account you purchased the DLC on? What happens if you select your DLC in the store?

danwarb

Are you using the same account you purchased the DLC on? What happens if you select your DLC in the store?
In the store only some of it is checked off and the rest still have prices listed. It's all bought on the same account and works on that account in the game.

My brother is having this trouble. He's deleted and re-downloaded a lot of it and says some more (not all) is recognized now. Weird.

fred

Does anyone know where they've hidden the Disc Import thingummybob on the PC version..? I've looked in the Steam store and the in-game Shop but can't see it anywhere. Am I looking in the wrong places or something..? :eek:/

Storm360

Does anyone know where they've hidden the Disc Import thingummybob on the PC version..? I've looked in the Steam store and the in-game Shop but can't see it anywhere. Am I looking in the wrong places or something..? :eek:/

http://store.steampowered.com/app/221680/

Should be under the buy game

IzFXSSc.png

fred

Cheers, got it. Wouldn't come up when I did a search for it and wasn't on the Rocksmith page when I clicked on the game (where the Play Now button appears).

I tried putting it on my credit card and payment was refused which is worrying. Tried to access my credit card account online and it said my account was blocked which is even more worrying, I hope nobody has cloned my card or hacked into my account somehow. I'm more than a little concerned!!! Should have 50-odd quids worth of credit on there. :eek:/

Can't phone them up until Monday now, I'm starting to panic!!! Shit!!!

Rocksmith Import Pack does not include:

Stone Temple Pilots - Between the Lines
Stone Temple Pilots - Vasoline
The Cure - Boys Don't Cry
Sigur Ros - Gobbledigook
The XX - Islands
Lynyrd Skynyrd - Sweet Home Alabama
The Pixies - Where is My Mind?
Jarvis Cocker - Angela
Franz Ferdinand - Take Me Out
Eric Clapton - Run Back to Your Side
Cream - Sunshine of Your Love
Seth Chapla - Star Spangled Banner
Seth Chapla - Jules
Chris Lee - Boss

DagsJT

Sigur Ros - Gobbledigook
The XX - Islands
Jarvis Cocker - Angela
Seth Chapla - Jules
Chris Lee - Boss

The Cure - Boys Don't Cry definitely does import, I played it yesterday. Pretty sure Angela does too.

Maybe different for EU though?

Storm360

Sigur Ros - Gobbledigook
The XX - Islands
Jarvis Cocker - Angela
Seth Chapla - Jules
Chris Lee - Boss

That list is actually outdated. Some songs such as Where Is My Mind? and Take Me Out got relicensed just before launch, the final list is

Eric Clapton “Run Back To Your Side”
Cream “Sunshine of Your Love”
Seth Chapla “Jules”
Seth Chapla “Star Spangled Banner”
Chris Lee “Boss”

@Xyber

uPlay song right? I think I unlocked it, will unlock it when I get enough points (How are they earned btw?) if I haven't

Xyber

Sigur Ros - Gobbledigook
The XX - Islands
Jarvis Cocker - Angela
Seth Chapla - Jules
Chris Lee - Boss

That list is wrong, this is the right one.

Eric Clapton “Run Back To Your Side”
Cream “Sunshine of Your Love”
Seth Chapla “Jules”
Seth Chapla “Star Spangled Banner”
Chris Lee “Boss”

@Xyber

uPlay song right? I think I unlocked it, will unlock it when I get enough points (How are they earned btw?) if I haven't

Yeah, it's the UPlay song. If you press Shift+F2 in the game you can see the challenges for getting the points I believe. I already had points from other games, so I unlocked it right away.

Storm360

Yeah, it's the UPlay song. If you press Shift+F2 in the game you can see the challenges for getting the points I believe. I already had points from other games, so I unlocked it right away.

Ah, i'll check it next time I play, I think I unlocked it using points from other games, but I can't remember if I did or not

You actually can't buy the RS1 DLC in RS2014 if you don't have RS1. Steam told me I couldn't buy the Rush pack until I bought RS1.

So much sad right now :(

Shurayuki

You actually can't buy the RS1 DLC in RS2014 if you don't have RS1. Steam told me I couldn't buy the Rush pack until I bought RS1.

A Steam sale should sort that out.

Although ideally, Ubi should really consider giving you a (hefty) discount code for the original if you buy RS'14 so you can get the transfer and DLC.
In the end it's loads more money for them.

Also gaaah, so much other stuff going on these days, no time to play.

fred

Well that's a bit daft!

Ubisoft will be missing out on a few quid by not selling Rocksmith 2014 versions of the Rocksmith 1 DLC separately. Very odd.

I'm loving this game so far. I got the original Rocksmith when it came out (with guitar) with zero experience, and played it until I got to chords and eventually gave up frustrated since the game didn't teach them to you, it just thrust them at you full speed and expected you to keep up. Now that I'm playing this version, I'm having a lot more fun without the super long load times, menus, and different mode to play whatever song you wanted while still on the learning track.

I've only played the game a couple hours today, songs and minigames and lessons, but I'm already seeing some good progress. This one too throws chords at you with no warning, but at least they help you with fingering, and I jumped ahead to a song I liked that had much easier chords, and now I'm starting to get the hang of them.

Sucks, though, I have the original game but since it's the PS3 version I can't import songs to this Steam version.

Xyber

I'm loving this game so far. I got the original Rocksmith when it came out (with guitar) with zero experience, and played it until I got to chords and eventually gave up frustrated since the game didn't teach them to you, it just thrust them at you full speed and expected you to keep up. Now that I'm playing this version, I'm having a lot more fun without the super long load times, menus, and different mode to play whatever song you wanted while still on the learning track.

I've only played the game a couple hours today, songs and minigames and lessons, but I'm already seeing some good progress. This one too throws chords at you with no warning, but at least they help you with fingering, and I jumped ahead to a song I liked that had much easier chords, and now I'm starting to get the hang of them.

Sucks, though, I have the original game but since it's the PS3 version I can't import songs to this Steam version.

The best part is that you can get instant access to the riff repeater now too if the game starts throwing stuff at you that you don't know. And when you're done you can jump right back in where you stopped. I love it.

Onemic

The lessons are improved a ton from RS1 as well. Try the chords lesson out.

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
How are the mini games this time around? Going to pick this up next pay day regardless, just wondering if they're improved at all or are they generally the same?

Loving the no load times and being able to use keyboard letters in the song list to get to get to specific songs instead of scrooooooooooooooooooooooolllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllling.

fred

Nope.

And progress from the guys that are making customs work in RS2014!
1tJfVkT.png

There's still work to be done for it to work properly, but hopefully I can start making songs soon. :D

Ah! Beaten me to it, I was just going to post this myself!

Only taken them 4 days to get that far too, bloody impressive!

Stahsky

A passionate embrace, a beautiful memory lingers.
So is this like, capable of helping someone learn to use a guitar?

So is this like, capable of helping someone learn to use a guitar?

It sure as heck helps you get used to the guitar - even just the minigames can give you "muscle memory" of things like the string and fret positions or how hard to strum for what volume.

And check this out for an actual demonstration of its teaching ability:

I have only (well, Youtube as well but no teacher or anything) used Rocksmith as my teaching tool since I got it and a guitar last November and I would say yes.

I have come a long way since I first plugged this in to my PC for the first time.

Here's a video of Hypnotize, only played it 2 times before this run so that should tell you something on how far a beginner can come with just Rocksmith. I never would've played anywhere near as good so fast just 6 months ago or something. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDq9P1rSHpU

SHarris78

Here's a video of Hypnotize, only played it 2 times before this run so that should tell you something on how far a beginner can come with just Rocksmith. I never would've played anywhere near as good so fast just 6 months ago or something. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDq9P1rSHpU

Thats really good! Looking at the picking parts of the song I think I may eventually be able to play those, but (as usual for me) when the chords come in its game over!

Yiyas

Neo Member
I have only played three hours, and the game already throws chords at me. But I still have problems with string and fret positions.

Should I start with the Chords 101 lesson? Or play the minigames until I have "perfected" the string and fret positions.
I am always unsure if I really should learn something new already, or try to master the things the game has already introduced.

Top Bottom