• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocksmith |OT| While My Guitar Gently Weeps

fred

I'd imagine that songs with the same App-ID won't be able to be imported which would mean that custom songs and pirated DLC will be impossible to bring across, seems like an easy fix for them to do. So I'll only be able to import 1 of my 200-odd custom songs disguised as Bink-182's Dammit lol. Oh well, just means I can keep the first game installed and play them from there without the bells and whistles that Rocksmith 2014 will provide. :eek:D

Symphony of Destruction is so fucking hard, lol. I should totally buy The Offspring pack.

The arpeggio sequence that Friedman does in the solo is very difficult. When my chops where at their peak I could pull it off but, now I have to hack through it.

On that note, I find that I like to play the songs I already know beforehand as much as the ones I don't. I guess I like the practice element of it.

The solo for Domination is hard as hell too.

Xyber

Symphony of Destruction is so fucking hard, lol. I should totally buy The Offspring pack.

I've made a bunch of Offspring custom songs that you can download from http://forums.smithyanvil.com/index.php if you want more.

I've done Americana, Dirty Magic, Gotta Get Away, Half-Truism, Original Prankster, Pretty Fly, She's Got Issues, Slim Pickens Does the Right Thing and Rides the Bomb to Hell, Staring at the Sun, The Meaning of Life and Vultures.

Got videos of most of them in this playlist http://www.youtube.com/playlist?feature=addto&list=PLCYDGJ5k8ycuorgjwYCj5_A_NQTVdJVZH

Xyber

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/08/...ocksmith-2014?abthid=520e4d05aa481a9065000009

Gameplay videos and stuff for 2014. I'm not completely sold on the newly designed fretboard and colors, but it will probably not take that long to get used to it. A thing I noticed in the Weezer video was that you can now see more accurate on how you are supposed to bend a note. It shows if you are supposed to release it back down again.

And the tone switching seems much improved, looks much faster and now that it's automatic we won't have to suffer through something like the first half of Free Bird with a distorted tone. :p

Announced setlist so far:
Aerosmith – Walk This Way
Alice in Chains – Stone
Arctic Monkeys – R U Mine?
Avenged Sevenfold – Bat Country
B'z - Ultra Soul
Bob Dylan – Knockin’ On Heaven’s Door
Early Rise - Wasteland
Iron Maiden – The Trooper
Jack White – Sixteen Saltines
Kiss – Rock And Roll All Nite
La Sera – Love That’s Gone
Mastodon – Blood and Thunder
Oasis – Don’t Look Back In Anger
Pantera – Cemetery Gates
Paramore – Now
R.E.M. – Losing My Religion
Radiohead – Paranoid Android
Red Fang – Wires
Rise Against – Savior
Screaming Females – Rotten Apple
Slayer – War Ensemble
Splashh – All I Wanna Do
The Kinks – You Really Got Me
The Rolling Stones – Paint It, Black
The Shins – For A Fool
The Smashing Pumpkins – Cherub Rock (pre-order bonus)
The Smashing Pumpkins – The Chimera
The Who – My Generation
Weezer – Say It Ain’t So
White Zombie – Thunder Kiss ‘65

New techniques we know for now:
-Chords slides
-Palm Muted Chords
-Notes over a sustain (aka "Extended sustains" in GH)
-Arpeggios have a special notation
-Accents notes
-More accurate fingers position for chords
-Previous techniques are displayed differently/ more accuratelyNew features:
-Auto tone change
-Dynamic Master Mode
-Total control of difficulty in a song
-Cleaer and easier menus
-Possibility to do selections of songs
-A "Nonstop play" mode
-"Missions"
-Recommandation following your skills
-Load time are really shorter

The second IGN video (where the IGN guy talks) shows the riff repeater at ~1:00 mark. Looks like a huge improvement. Still sectioned songs but at a glance it looked like the sections were much smaller.

fred

Cheers for the link to the videos mate. Glad that they've added the fingerings to the chords but it's a real shame that going by what we've seen so far we can't have vertical chord diagrams. Still, I'm impressed by what we've seen so far, can't wait to give it a go.

someday

Banned
Is the new game coming out for next gen systems or just PS360? I got an email from Ubisoft and all it showed was this gen system logos.

fred

Only going to be available for the PC, PS3 and 360. The Wii U, PS4 and One won't have a high enough installed userbase to make it worthwhile in October. We'll probably see those three versions being added to the others for Rocksmith 2015.

fred

I'm torn between getting 2014 on the 360 or PC. I don't know how well my PC could run it but all them custom songs...

We don't know if custom songs will work on 2014 yet mate. Your best bet for custom songs would be the first game.

And out of the two SKUs I reckon your best bet would be the PC SKU because if your PC is good enough you won't have any audio lag.

someday

Banned
Only going to be available for the PC, PS3 and 360. The Wii U, PS4 and One won't have a high enough installed userbase to make it worthwhile in October. We'll probably see those three versions being added to the others for Rocksmith 2015.

Thanks.

We don't know if custom songs will work on 2014 yet mate. Your best bet for custom songs would be the first game.

And out of the two SKUs I reckon your best bet would be the PC SKU because if your PC is good enough you won't have any audio lag.

Hah, I'm an eejit for getting the custom songs thing mixed up on this page lol.

That's the kicker though, I don't know how well my computer could handle it. At least with consoles there is that consistent for better or worse) experience.

Xyber

Hah, I'm an eejit for getting the custom songs thing mixed up on this page lol.

That's the kicker though, I don't know how well my computer could handle it. At least with consoles there is that consistent for better or worse) experience.

What kind of hardware do you have? The game shouldn't be too demanding if you put it on low. If you can, download the demo for the first one on steam and see how it runs. Should probably be about the same performance.

Xyber

Some info and a screenshot that hasn't been posted here yet.
374a.png

The game will remember the last sorting option.
There is a colorblind mode.
Exact tunings for songs that are slightly flat or sharp.
The "Score attack" mode, will be a "GH-like mode" with a score, four difficulties (Easy, Medium, Hard, Master), combos and multipliers, a fail state and leaderboards.

i thought the reason the strings were assigned such seemingly random colour combinations was because that order would be helpful for colourblind people in the first place.

i wish you could change the gem into numbers for what fret things are on, a sort of tab mode. or to become the name of the note. it can be hard to tell what fret a gem is on. when chords come its easier because i can just read the chord and know what to do, they should let you do that with single notes if you want.

i thought the reason the strings were assigned such seemingly random colour combinations was because that order would be helpful for colourblind people in the first place.

i wish you could change the gem into numbers for what fret things are on, a sort of tab mode. or to become the name of the note. it can be hard to tell what fret a gem is on. when chords come its easier because i can just read the chord and know what to do, they should let you do that with single notes if you want.

Did you even watch the videos of the new game? lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thTQ6kAv7UI

Therion

not before that but i'm at work and don't have sound. so they added the ability to see note names above single notes, or what? that's awesome, would make it so much easier to figure out alternative fingerings on the fly.

Yep, that's exactly what they did. I do like your other suggestion, though. I assumed all along that we'd get fret numbers (because it just made sense), but I still hope there's an option to change to note letters instead. I think I'd finally learn my fretboard properly if I could play in that mode.

rvy

Banned
Oh fuck, "Good Enough" is such an awesome track to learn. I'm in love with this song. Too bad I suck at making love to her.

Xyber

Oh fuck, "Good Enough" is such an awesome track to learn. I'm in love with this song. Too bad I suck at making love to her.

That song is great, yeah. I'm bad at that first part where you pick chords, but the solo is so fun. Need to practice that first part some day.

Rocksmith 2014 東京ゲームショウトレーラー 60秒Ver.: http://youtu.be/S0bCqOZGrEs
Tokyo Game Show trailer

Japan leaked two songs in that trailer!

Green Day "X-Kid"
and
Queen "We Are The Champions"

:-O

Def Leppard – Pour Some Sugar on Me
Deftones – My Own Summer (Shove It)
Green Day – X-Kid
Queen – We Are the Champions
RATT – Round and Round
Rush – The Spirit of Radio
Tak Matsumoto – GO FURTHER
Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers – Mary Jane’s Last Dance

DLC/Pre-Order Bundle Incentive

Albert King – The Sky is Crying
Chicago – 25 or 6 to 4
The Hives – Hate to Say I Told You So
The Lumineers – Ho Hey
Queens of the Stone Age – My God is the Sun
Them Crooked Vultures – Mind Eraser, No Chaser

http://www.polygon.com/2013/10/1/47...undle-includes-six-songs-new-tracks-announced

Xyber

There we go, RS2014 pre-ordered on Steam. I really hope I can unlock it with proxy on the US launch date though, but Uplay might get in the way of that..

Xyber

All tunings in the game. So many custom songs I have wanted to do that I can do properly now when they get that working. :D

20131016_152510_zpsa61ad28b.jpg

Top Bottom