• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rockstar Games potentially hints at Red Dead sequel on Twitter [Up: New Image]

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://twitter.com/FFXVEN/status/788062711041196032
Cu_CrPYW8AAzJzr.jpg

That's awesome. lol

Really hope this follows Marstens son.

There is literally no way this is a sequel. RDR took place in 1911 for crying out loud. Its gimmick was "the end of the old west". World War 1 is spitting distance away.

I kinda hope its has nothing really to do story wise with RDR. Set it in the mid 1800's. No returning characters.

Symphonia

Banned
I think this will be a prequel, set during the days when John Marston was riding with his gang. I don't believe Jack was liked enough at the end of RDR to warrant a game of his own, and there's a lot to John's backstory that we don't know - like just why he was looking for redemption in the first place, or how he came to get that scar.

milanbaros

Member?
There is literally no way this is a sequel. RDR took place in 1911 for crying out loud. Its gimmick was "the end of the old west". World War 1 is spitting distance away.

I kinda hope its has nothing really to do story wise with RDR. Set it in the mid 1800's. No returning characters.

I don't think it will have anything to do with RDR. I expect it to be set during the civil war.

letaros

My thoughs :

1. here i am hoping more for a Red Dead Redemption PC release than the new game.

2. Rockstar announce things usually Tuesdays and Thursdays

3. I am 100% positive of a PC release of the new game. GTA V PC users are number two as we speak after PS4 and by far above Xbox One users. Plus they have the GTA V experience of the port.

Feels good to be hyped for something new from them.

antibolo

Banned
A (usually) better version of a game people already like that follows them on to newer hardware. Not a lot to understand even if it doesn't specifically appeal to you.

But you already played that game. Why not play new games instead?

Why would you want them to waste resources on a game you already played?

Rockstar isn't revving up the PR machine for a remaster.

The best those wanting a remaster can hope for is that it simply exists alongside RDR3. It certainly isn't going to be the reason that they're doing this teasing. But it's still a longshot if what people are saying about the code is true. Rockstar is unlikely to put the resources in to fix it all if it really is as much of a mess as some are claiming, and they aren't going to allow some horrible remaster to be put out for it just so they can make some cash. It's either going to be GTAV level or it won't exist.

admartian

I hope it's not the old gang. That'd be playing it too safe.

A new universe with brand new characters would be great.

Agreed. Hope they don't fall into the vocal minority hype and do that.

Just move forward with either Jack or entirely new characters that may or may not be connected to the old characters.

Raven117

I hope this group picture doesn't allude to a coop game.

Bro, done right....a co-op western game would be insanely awesome.

Regardless, Im PUMPED. I hope there is zero connection between this and Red Dead Redemption. RDR was a complete and full narrative. We don't need a prequel either. RDR did it all. Besides, Western themes (if going off literature and movies) have plenty of character tropes to explore (ie for very recent example, see Westworld).

Western's due to literature and movies are always ripe with symbolism, allegory, good, bad, ugly (hehe), types of motifs. They hit it with RDR, but they have a rich canvass to explore even deeper if they unshackle from their previous game.

R* does what they want and seem to have ZERO problem taking risks with their narrative, so I doubt they stick with the same cast.

Can't wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom