• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rockstar Games potentially hints at Red Dead sequel on Twitter [Up: New Image]

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Flash

Banned
17kvrPQ.gif

entremet

I really hope it isn't actually Red Dead, the fallout would be hilarious to see considering I wasn't a big fan of Redemption anyway.

Can't see it being RDR alone. RDR remaster plus 3 would make sense though.

Moreover, R* recently made RDR B/C on the XB1 so pushing a big media campaign on a Sunday for a remaster would not make sense.

I know you guys have been trolled by the likes of SE and Konami in the past, but R* doesn't operate like that. They know how to create real hype and they take their marketing messaging very seriously. They start their PR machine and mean it for real.

J

JoJo UK

Unconfirmed Member
In for Red Dead Renegade. I want a John Marston prequel.

Jumeira

Banned
I would laugh if it was a shoehorned Red Dead Redemption for NX.

Rockstar have bad history with Nintendo back when they were DMA design. Nintendo tried to meddle with thier games previously from what I remember. But they did release GTA on DS? So it may be released but I see then targeting the upgraded consoles.

Cannot wait for Scorpio version though :) Release lines up with Scorpio if it's 2017 release.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
this is it. this will be the game i look forward to most. everything else is secondary. i will be following every single bit of information on this game right up to release. did the same for GTA V. the hype is insane. i'm having flashbacks to 2011.

i will pre order this game no matter what. hell i might even double or triple dip. if they don't release it on PC then i'll pick it up on ps4 until it comes out on PC. if i have an xb1, which is likely since I now plan on replaying RD2, then i might even buy a copy for that.

just give us the title/trailer rockstar. god this week is gonna be fun.

Green Yoshi

Red Dead Redemption for iPad Pro. ;-)

The outrage would be hilarious.

Red Dead Revenge for PS4, Xbox One and PC in December 2016.

NeoGaf would be down within seconds.

KillGore

Some of you expect the remaster to release 1 momth from now? Wtf lol

Remaster will be March 2017. RDR3 will be October 2017.

People saying it'll be out this FY.. They said no more releases in their financial results (admittedly they announced Bioshock collection after this) but wouldn't a release on this scale be seen as misleading shareholders?

I'm pretty sure their guidelines didn't imply any release of this magnitude either.

Javier23

Banned
Very interested to see what comes out of this, but if I'm honest, I actually enjoyed Red Dead Revolver back in the day more than Redemption.

Ascenion

There are no rules for naming. R* could do whatever they want here. My guess is another "R" noun though.
I mean in all likelihood it will be Red Dead R_______. RDR2 to me implies it would be a sequel to Redemption/Redemption is the series, when the series is Red Dead and it's the second sequel/spiritual successor to Revolver. So the game is Red Dead 3 but it won't be called that. I just like for people to acknowledge Revolver.

Revven

Oh my gooooosh, pleaseeeeeee announce it alreadyyyy!

A Red Dead Redemption Remaster would be cool in the meantime (complete with its online portion, too). But I don't expect it. RD3 is what this is teasing but I'll be happy either way.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
If there is a Red Dead Redemption remaster it could come out early next year. As for Red Dead 3 then I would say Spring 2018 at the earliest. If it comes out sooner then great! but i'm not too hopeful based on Rockstar's history. They love to delay games so even when we do get a release date you should add roughly another 6 months to it to avoid any disappointment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom