• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rockstar Games potentially hints at Red Dead sequel on Twitter [Up: New Image]

Status
Not open for further replies.
In my opinion, this is no different than when Bethesda started the obvious countdown timer on Twitch ahead of E3 2015 with obvious Fallout graphics.

Reveal of next Red Dead game is imminent.

Coffinhal

I REALLY hope this isn't some online-only shit. This wouldn't make much sense though.

On the contrary I'd love to see it being a game with seven protagonists, build up like a TV show...but not around Marston or Dutch's gang, prequel would be boring as hell.

Let it be this :

seven-samurai-1954.jpg

that's fine as long as the two modes are separate like GTA V and GTA Online

GTA4 absolutely had multiplayer. RDR's multiplayer was iterating on it. V hit it big because it was far more fleshed out, structured and customizable than everything that came before. I imagine the delayed launch and heavier marketing was also a factor, seeing as many people (such as yourself) didn't even know 4 had multi.

Oh shit, you're right about it having mulitplayer. I completely forgot about it. But I still think the big issue with GTA4's single player DLC was down to how long it took to release. I think it would've been a lot more successful had it released shortly after the initial games release like UN. Ballad of Gay Tony in particular was really amazing and sorta felt like Rockstar really getting back into the style of humor and general craziness that they had during the PS2 GTA entries. It was great to see that carry over into GTAV.

Simo

I love your new avatar

Simo's got it.

Oh shit really?! Thanks!

Uh...guess I gotta keep my eye on the OT sign up then just in case...lol

I saw that too. It's funny though that nobody knows shit or has heard anything and then when Rockstar drops 2 teasers then everyone is hearing "Oh yeah, they're totally scheduled to release this on this day and stuff.." lol

Chris1

Oh shit really?! Thanks!

Uh...guess I gotta keep my eye on the OT sign up then just in case...lol

I saw that too. It's funny though that nobody knows shit or has heard anything and then when Rockstar drops 2 teasers then everyone is hearing "Oh yeah, they're totally scheduled to release this on this day and stuff.." lol

This guy confirmed the leaked map a while ago apparently. I saw it but didn't post cause of the "wouldn't surprise me if R* decide to fire earlier". Sounded like he was just guessing tbh and said that to still look credible if its earlier, if Rockstar planned to release it Thursday, it's getting released Thursday.

Citadel

Why would the devil want that to happen though?

Having 7 Outlaws (or crooked official, depending on the character) thinking they can deal in the game of death, thievery, and sin is bad for business. The more people that fear these 7, the less likely they are to sin themselves for fear of physical retribution. If you have killers killing the sinners, who's left to sin except for the 7 sins themselves.

It's bad for business.

latest

TheJerit

Whenever I first saw the new pic, I thought the same thing about it being Red Dead Online, as others have mentioned, or at least heavily Co-Op focused. Based on the redonkulous amount of money GTA Online has made, I wouldn't be surprised.

Perhaps they'll release a Red Dead Online first and then follow that up with the story-driven single player experience. Get the moola they'll make to start flowing in sooner rather than waiting on them to complete their narrative side of the game first (which takes up much more of the development process).

prob none of the above lol

Simo

This guy confirmed the leaked map a while ago apparently. I saw it but didn't post cause of the "wouldn't surprise me if R* decide to fire earlier". Sounded like he was just guessing tbh and said that to still look credible if its earlier, if Rockstar planned to release it Thursday, it's getting released Thursday.

Oh I didn't even see he work(ed) at TechRadar.

So over 24 hours since the first teaser on Twitter: 110K retweets, 190K favorites.

10 hours since the second teaser went up on Twitter: 100K retweets, 170K favorites.

Jesus. No wonder T2's stocks went up nearly 6% today.

Having 7 Outlaws (or crooked official, depending on the character) thinking they can deal in the game of death, thievery, and sin is bad for business. The more people that fear these 7, the less likely they are to sin themselves for fear of physical retribution. If you have killers killing the sinners, who's left to sin except for the 7 sins themselves.

It's bad for business.

latest

Yeah, I guess that makes sense. That fucking guy you posted needs to back away from the ledge, by the way. I got a little too excited the other day and fell down the cliff trying to talk to him.

Stiler

What if the game is completely drop in/out coopable and has Dark Soul type of online elements?

Imagine for example, you are able to take up jobs , becoming a ranger or something, while another player might choose to be an outlaw or do something, and then you randomly get tasked to find this player and it seamlessly phases you into his world with 0 loading or anything.

SDCowboy

What if the game is completely drop in/out coopable and has Dark Soul type of online elements?

Imagine for example, you are able to take up jobs , becoming a ranger or something, while another player might choose to be an outlaw or do something, and then you randomly get tasked to find this player and it seamlessly phases you into his world with 0 loading or anything.

I would love if the game was shared world in some way.

Fjordson

Oh I didn't even see he work(ed) at TechRadar.

So over 24 hours since the first teaser on Twitter: 110K retweets, 190K favorites.

10 hours since the second teaser went up on Twitter: 100K retweets, 170K favorites.

Jesus. No wonder T2's stocks went up nearly 6% today.
100k retweets in 10 hours seems crazy.

Simo

I'd love for something like that. I mean I pretty much know the majority of my friends are going to be getting this when it's released so being able to jump in their game like Dark Souls or Assassin's Creed: Unity to do co-op specific activities would be great. Along with a regular Red Dead Online mode.

Whenever I first saw the new pic, I thought the same thing about it being Red Dead Online, as others have mentioned, or at least heavily Co-Op focused. Based on the redonkulous amount of money GTA Online has made, I wouldn't be surprised.

Perhaps they'll release a Red Dead Online first and then follow that up with the story-driven single player experience. Get the moola they'll make to start flowing in sooner rather than waiting on them to complete their narrative side of the game first (which takes up much more of the development process).

prob none of the above lol

I dunno. GTAO was Benzies main thing that the Housers really didn't care about if you're to believe the emails from the court case. Dan Houser specifically always seems to go for the more single player, story based stuff because he's the head writer for Rockstar and wrote/co-wrote just about every Rockstar game produced. I think if Rockstar had released another title a year ago or single player DLC then the Shark Cards income probably wouldn't be as substantial.

I think it would be hard to replicate GTAO for Red Dead too just because the western setting is more limited than the luxuries and technology seen in present day that GTAO can utilize. I mean, how would you do housing for example? I mean I hope whatever Red Dead Online offers allows us to create our characters and offer the same kind of customization like GTAO as well even a storied missions and that like RDR they take all the single player activities to include it in MP too.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
I mean, how would you do housing for example?

Tent, Bigger Tent, Shack, House, Bigger House, Bar, Bigger Bar, Hotel, Bigger Hotel, Farm, Ranch, Mansion, Bigger Mansion, Fort, Bigger Fort?

Hell, you could have some new mechanic where you build up a town (maybe with other players), like Sweetwater from OUITW.

Simo

Tent, Bigger Tent, Shack, House, Bigger House, Bar, Bigger Bar, Hotel, Bigger Hotel, Farm, Ranch, Mansion, Bigger Mansion, Fort, Bigger Fort?

Hell, you could have some new mechanic where you build up a town (maybe with other players), like Sweetwater from OUITW.

Yeah I know there's a varieties structures but some of those probably wouldn't need a separate loading and are you gonna have dozens of players all trying to get in the same house, if I'm making any sense? lol

DigSCCP

I would love to play RDR remaster on PC at 60 fps and high resolution. There is no reason why we can't get remaster in early 2017 and a pre-sequel in late 2017 / early 2018.

I can understand that.
RDR is one of my favorite games of last gen and from time to time i revisit it.
But man we are entering 2017 and R* dont have ONE game launched exclusively for this gen.
This game just cant miss 2017 and with a possible remaster the chances of this happen are higher.

Maxey

I can understand that.
RDR is one of my favorite games of last gen and from time to time i revisit it.
But man we are entering 2017 and R* dont have ONE game launched exclusively for this gen.
This game just cant miss 2017 and with a possible remaster the chances of this happen are higher.

Remasters are usually done by external studios anyway. It doesn't have to get in the way of the new entry.

DigSCCP

Remasters are usually done by external studios anyway. It doesn't have to get in the way of the new entry.

I dont think R* would give their game fo a third party studio,they didnt do ir for GTAV launches on PC or PS4/One.
Anyway even if they do, commercially speaking they would be in a bettter position to skip a 2017release with a remaster.

Maxey

I dont think R* would give their game fo a third party studio,they didnt do ir for GTAV launches on PC or PS4/One.
Anyway even if they do, commercially speaking they would be in a bettter position to skip a 2017release with a remaster.

They have several studios. One of the Canadian studios could do it without interfering with the new entry.

If something like this were implemented seamlessly into the single player game without affecting its quality, it could be awesome.

Maxey

Nice little video, had never seen it before glad you posted it. Would defnitely love to see Marston back in this one, but wouldn't that be a first for Rockstar to have the same main character again?

Manhunt 2 was the same MC, right?

edit: just looked it up, it's not the same mc

DigSCCP

They have several studios. One of the Canadian studios could do it without interfering in the new entry.

Yeah, maybe.
But again commercially speaking they would be in a bettter position to skip 2017 release with a remaster than without it.
I would have loved a remaster of this gem in 2014, 2015 damn even this year but for 2017? No thanks, for 2017 all I want is a new R* game and thats all.
But yeah I could live with them announcing both for 2017, if they dont screw up later with a delay ( :
Honestly I love R* games and Im very desapointed with them this gen, sadly.

Maxey

Redemption was set at the end of the classic western era, the new one could be set at its start.

I'm no history buff, so when would that put it year wise? Could it crossover with civil war stuff?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom