• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rogue One: A Star Wars Story |OT| They rebel - SPOILERS

Status
Not open for further replies.

kevin1025

Banned
The media embargo apparently ends at 5 pm est today.

I think that might be for the Lego figures and toys. But they also moved the review embargo to noon instead of 5pm on the 13th. The first critic screening is on Monday, apparently. A lot of times and dates are moving about by the looks of it.

There were only two facets of Vader Down that really appealed to me:
- Luke going all heroic self-sacrifice by kamakazing Vader's TIE, even though there's no real drama involved, is a nice character moment nonetheless. I think something similar occurs with Leia later on, too.
- The misadventures of Creepio/Triple Zero and Beetee

Note that both of these only tangentially involve the titular character.

Also everyone should read Darth Vader.

But yeah, this (and also Doctor Aphra, which is shaping up to be pretty fun)

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
I hear you all talking shit about the best Star Wars comic.

giphy.gif

Surfinn

How about we go with discussions, and once a review thread goes up on Wednesday, we go in Spoiler mode?
That sounds good, but the issue is some people can't see the film for a while, so they don't have a place to go for hype/general discussion. Which is why I think the separate threads always work best. If anything I think the review and spoiler threads should be merged. But non spoiler OT is a nice place to go for the unfortunate souls who have to wait to see R1.

Cth

So, surely Jyn is going to be captured/thrown into a cell locked away for the OT, right?

It'd allow them to use her for additional stories (be it filler novel/comic material or ep 8+)

I can't imagine EVERYONE dies.

So, surely Jyn is going to be captured/thrown into a cell locked away for the OT, right?

It'd allow them to use her for additional stories (be it filler novel/comic material or ep 8+)

Frozen in carbonite and woken up for Episode IX.

Believe.

sphagnum

Banned

I don't see why the Empire wouldn't just kill her if they captured her.

kevin1025

Banned
Spoiler tagging it since it's not confirmed and also could be a spoiler even still, but the trailers possibly give away a character's death:

Bodhi is seen hiding behind some of the containers by the big shuttle, and then there's a shot of him running for the opening. In the first two trailers there's a wide shot from the same location of the same shuttle exploding. I think he sacrifices himself to take out Krennic's ship or someone higher up.

He doesn't use his saber in the film. No sabers are used it has been said.

I thought I had heard that there were no saber battles. Could still be a saber used, there just won't be any lightsaber duels as there have been in every other Star Wars films.

Bit of a nothingburger, but the recently-leaked R1 tracklist now has track times:

01 He's Here For Us 3:20
02 A Long Ride Ahead 3:56
03 Wobani Imperial Labor Camp 0:55
04 Trust Goes Both Ways 2:45
05 When Has Become Now 1:59
06 Jedha Arrival 2:48
07 Jedha City Ambush 2:19
08 Star-Dust 3:47
09 Confrontation on Eadu 8:06
10 Krennic's Aspirations 4:16
11 Rebellions Are Built on Hope 2:56
12 Rogue One 2:05
13 Cargo Shuttle SW-0608 4:00
14 Scrambling the Rebel Fleet 1:33
15 AT-ACT Assault 2:55
16 The Master Switch 4:03
17 Your Father Would Be Proud 4:52
18 Hope 1:38

19 Jyn Erso & Hope Suite 5:52
20 The Imperial Suite 2:30
21 Guardians of the Whills Suite 2:53

TOTAL TIME - 69:28

Timu

Spoiler tagging it since it's not confirmed and also could be a spoiler even still, but the trailers possibly give away a character's death:

Bodhi is seen hiding behind some of the containers by the big shuttle, and then there's a shot of him running for the opening. In the first two trailers there's a wide shot from the same location of the same shuttle exploding. I think he sacrifices himself to take out Krennic's ship or someone higher up.
I can definitely expect characters to sacrifice their lives to try their best to get the plans.

kevin1025

Banned
Yay. Really like "Approach to Eadu".

I just noticed the track names. Neither of them are on that track list. I assume they're smaller pieces that they combined into larger tracks for the soundtrack. Or they were renamed.

I think you're right on the former, they're smaller pieces. Those could be the scene names rather than track titles.

It really evokes classic A New Hope music, for me at least.

Wait, I thought Williams was doing the score.

Only the episodes, from the looks of it.

Wow that music... wow. Giacchino never disappoints. This sounds more "fat" than his usual stuff though, closer to the depth of Williams' orchestrations.

Timu

@DanielRPK:

(2:34 p.m.) Just came out from a screening of Rogue One. Probably the best Star Wars film since Empire Strikes Back.

(2:37 p.m.) There are so many worlds in this movie. The Star Wars universe finally doesn't feel small. And the action is huge, HUGE!

It begins...

@DanielRPK:

(2:34 p.m.) Just came out from a screening of Rogue One. Probably the best Star Wars film since Empire Strikes Back.

(2:37 p.m.) There are so many worlds in this movie. The Star Wars universe finally doesn't feel small. And the action is huge, HUGE!

It begins...

I got chills.Literally, Chicken skin on my arms.

sphagnum

Banned
@DanielRPK:

It begins...

A full screening, not just 28 minutes?

Timu

I wanted to believe this was the case for so long and I really hope it's true. But early reactions are always like this.

*glares at BvS*
Yeah, BvS was an odd one since it was a disappointment, but I can see Rogue One doing better(maybe not masterpiece or anything like that, but hopefully decent at least).

kris.

Banned
@DanielRPK:

It begins...

FUCKIN HYPE.

strafer

@DanielRPK:

It begins...

Take with a grain of salt.

*glares at Civil War*

Wow that music... wow. Giacchino never disappoints. This sounds more "fat" than his usual stuff though, closer to the depth of Williams' orchestrations.

Reminds me in some ways of the depth and instrumental variation of Williams' more recent scores like Tintin, to be honest. Kind of hoped for the same with TFA (which was fine in its own right, but still) but glad to see Giacchino taking inspiration from those earlier scores.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Actually, there's a pretty good chance this could be the best Star Wars movie since Empire.

Since that's not a high bar to climb at all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom