• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rogue One: A Star Wars Story |OT| They rebel - SPOILERS

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZOONAMI

V > IV > VI > VII > III > II = I (menace and clones equal levels of terrible).

If RO can slot at least better than rots I'll be relatively happy.

Davide

My ranking... TESB > TFA > ANH > ROTS > ROTJ > TPM > AOTC

I'm expecting this to be in between ANH and ROTS but it would be nice if it surprises. None of the trailers look as good or as exciting as TFA to me.

kevin1025

Banned
It's clearly the best of the PT. It's got it's moments.

I like it as well. By far my favourite of the prequels. It's got it's problems but I always have a good time with it.

Yeah! It has some high highs, but those lows can be pretty darn low. I like a lot of the pieces in it to the point that my ranking would be all messed up, haha. But V and VI are on top for me. I saw A New Hope out of order, after Empire and Jedi, so my love and ranking for the franchise is a little odd.

Timu

Yeah! It has some high highs, but those lows can be pretty darn low. I like a lot of the pieces in it to the point that my ranking would be all messed up, haha. But V and VI are on top for me. I saw A New Hope out of order, after Empire and Jedi, so my love and ranking for the franchise is a little odd.
Oh wow, crazy. Personally I really liked VI a lot. I saw the original ones in order a year before the special editions were even made.

3 was pretty good. I wish the last 10 min were not so rushed, but it was good.
It was alright and I definitely like watching it the most out of the prequels.

kevin1025

Banned
Oh wow, crazy. Personally I really liked VI a lot. I saw the original ones in order a year before the special editions were even made.

Yeah, it was when the special editions hit VHS. I saw Empire in a rental store and the cover looked incredible so I got it and watched it as many times as I could, then returned it and got Jedi. Then when I got the box set I finally saw A New Hope. So my first experience to Star Wars was Empire and it broke my mind.

Timu

Might have to rewatch the Star Wars movies again to prepare, at least this time TFA can be added...though having to sit through Episode 2 again will suck, so I hope to get to that.

Might have to rewatch the Star Wars movies again to prepare, at least this time TFA can be added...though having to sit through Episode 2 again will suck, so I hope to get to that.
I'm definitely going to rewatch Star Wars and the Onderon arc of The Clone Wars before Thursday. Only 60 pages of Catalyst to go now too.

Impressions from BoxofficeZ from boxofficetheory:
I'm still trying to process it, but it was an awesome movie. Reminded me in terms of tone and of what people said what they were aiming for with the movie before the it came out. Star Wars fans will probably love it (I don't see why not). Some quick thoughts:

It was basically everything you want in a Star Wars movie, war, emotion, intense moments, humor, great action, crazy visuals.

Not sure if it was the result of Edwards influence or not, but stuff that was massive actually looked massive (various ships, AT-ATs, Death Star) as we saw in the trailers. Imagine my joy to see the all the stormtroopers again and their equipment. Best looking troops in the galaxy with fabulous uniforms. The rebels would have won if their uniforms looked incredible IMO. The 3D looked pretty decent I guess, but I'm not one to get overexcited for it.

Giacchino's soundtrack was marvelous. Its not the Star Wars theme (though some recognizable bits), but its eerily similar to Star Wars, if you know what I mean. You know its Star Wars!

Characters and flaws themselves I'll write on later, I have dinner and work to deal with, though now I see why everyone loved the robot heh.

I will definitely say its the best prequel, but that wouldn't be fair because I dislike all the Star Wars prequels though ROTS was half okay. Might put it above ROTJ.
He compared to the seven samurai.

Now the real hype begins here!!!
Would still keep it in check.
More:
Just mentioning, there's always other people at these kind of things, not going to waltz in there and watch a unreleased movie by myself. ;)

One guy I know says it was his favorite Star Wars film after ESB, but he's a huge fan of the series, so might be him being biased. Not sure about other people, I didn't exactly walk around and conduct a poll.

Also put me down for 200M OW, and 600-650m DOM. Its Star Wars, don't underestimate it.

kevin1025

Banned
Impressions from BoxofficeZ from boxofficetheory:
He compared to the seven samurai.

tumblr_nfxrxcyl8F1qzxttjo1_400.gif

Gravidee

My bet is
they fail to steal the plans, so they will try again in Rogue two
Boom.gif

Thinking about it now, we know very little about the circumstances surrounding the Death Star II. It just seemed to pop out of nowhere as far as the movies are concerned. Maybe if they make a "Rogue Two" people's questions about those darned Bothans will finally be answered...

I noticed that out of the few impressions we've seen so far, no one's mentioned a sad ending. Maybe it's more hopeful that I think it will be.

Or maybe it's wishful thinking and those guys are fucked. We'll see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom