• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rogue One: A Star Wars Story |OT| They rebel - SPOILERS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metalmarc

Did anyone see the clip where Kimmel takes the piss out of the types of Star Wars fans? No i'm not mad about it.

i just throught the old guy in the wheelchair bit, who wanted to see rogue one before he "Dies" was a bit in bad taste, when i think of those fans who requested to see force awakens before they died.

https://youtu.be/tOvU7gW0jXE

But what did the Rogue One crew do before the movie?

ROGUE ZERO COMING CHRISTMAS 2019

FWDib3Z.jpg

JaMarco

This will be cool because it's Star Wars, but my hype for it is nowhere near where it was for TFA because the acting and dialog in the trailers for this doesn't look anywhere near as great.

Cheebo

Banned
Ranking thread now?

1. The Empire Strikes Back
2. A New Hope
3. The Force Awakens
4. Revenge of the Sith
5. Return of the Jedi
6. The Phantom Menace
7. Attack of the Clones

During TNT's showing of SW last night they showed a couple of incredibly funny K2SO bits. So ready for this, and happy it is light on the Jedi.

What do people reckon to the idea that Disney will run an Episode VIII teaser with Rogue One later in the run?

The only reason they couldn't do the same with Rogue One at Force Awakens screenings last year was the Rogue Nation marketing embargo deal, and VIII certainly has more audience pull. Could certainly give it a much bigger box office, with people going back to see the trailer.

kevin1025

Banned
What do people reckon to the idea that Disney will run an Episode VIII teaser with Rogue One later in the run?

The only reason they couldn't do the same with Rogue One at Force Awakens screenings last year was the Rogue Nation marketing embargo deal, and VIII certainly has more audience pull. Could certainly give it a much bigger box office, with people going back to see the trailer.

There had been rumblings about it a couple of weeks back but since then there's been nothing. I wish they would do it, but my gut says they'll give Rogue One its space and give VIII a huge reveal party at Celebration in April.

sphagnum

Banned
Pulled this from Facebook. Premiere is in a few hours, so I would expect we'll get SOME spoilers later, definitely more reactions at least.

PND412C.jpg

kevin1025

Banned
My go-to theatre usually opens at either noon or 2pm. I just noticed that on Thursday they don't open till 5pm, haha. They are gearing up for a long night.

Just gonna offload my dumb theory before the premiere (although I think the revelation would be in VIII if correct): Jyn is Phasma.

graffix13

So hopefully we will have some concrete spoilers in a few hours.

I predict everyone dies. Hopefully a few by Vader's blade but I am not going to get my hopes up for that.

TheXbox

I would like some sort of vague consensus about whether or not this movie is good before I go to bed. My memory is fuzzy but I thiiiink we kinda knew TFA was alright before it's embargo was broken??

Somewhat, but keep in mind that TFA would have had to have been bad for a negative reaction coming out of a hype-filled, emotionally-charged premiere.

Timu

So hopefully we will have some concrete spoilers in a few hours.

I predict everyone dies. Hopefully a few by Vader's blade but I am not going to get my hopes up for that.
I don't think Vader uses his lightsaber in this movie, could be wrong though.

chaislip3

I would like some sort of vague consensus about whether or not this movie is good before I go to bed. My memory is fuzzy but I thiiiink we kinda knew TFA was alright before it's embargo was broken??

Yeah there were a bunch of positive impressions that came out after the premiere. Hopefully that's the same case tonight.

sphagnum

Banned

All impressions have been positive so far but with the caveats that some people felt some characters weren't fully fleshed out and that the pace was almost too fast. Those impressions came from a 28 minute preview.

Timu

There aren't many yet. Rogue One's been a much tighter ship than TFA. We've known
Chirrut
dies for about six months, but it's not exactly a huge surprise.
I can definitely see Forest Whitaker's character
dying as well after what the Death Star did to Jedha.

TheXbox

Somewhat, but keep in mind that TFA would have had to have been bad for a negative reaction coming out of a hype-filled, emotionally-charged premiere.
I suppose that sort of response ought to be tempered with Rogue One. We just had TFA, and people seem to be more excited for VIII than this movie. (If they even realize that Rogue One and Episode VIII are separate features)

I suppose that sort of response ought to be tempered with Rogue One. We just had TFA, and people seem to be more excited for VIII than this movie. (If they even realize that Rogue One and Episode VIII are separate features)

A Star Wars spinoff is uncharted territory. It makes sense that people are more excited for VIII.

sphagnum

Banned
The rundown of the plot seems to be like this from what we've pieced together:

-Starts 4 years after RotS. Krennic hunts down Galen who has been hiding since the end of Catalyst. He takes him into custody and forces him to work on the Death Star superlaser. Lyra Erso probably dies. Jyn is taken in by Saw Gerrera for a few years.
-Jyn starts living on her own at age 15, getting into trouble.
-19 years after RotS, Galen sends out a coded transmission that the Rebels intercept. Cassian Andor breaks Jyn out of prison on Wobani and brings her to Yavin IV where Mothma recruits her because of her connection to her father.
-Jyn, Cassian, and K2S0 travel to Jedha and meet the Imperial-turned-Rebel Bodhi Rook as well as Chirrut Imwe, who is a monk with the Guardians of the Whills, and his friend Baze Malbus. They fight a bunch of Stormtroopers. Sam's partisans may be involved? Jyn meets with Saw. Krennic shows off the Death Star by blowing up Saw's base, probably killing him. Maybe does a ton of damage to Jedha? Maybe a demonstration for Tarkin? Vader meets with Krennic at some point but who knows when.
-The Rebels return to Yavin IV where there's a big meeting. Some people want to give up, Jyn rallies them to fight.
-The Rebels strike Eadu to try to rescue Galen. He probably dies? Maybe this is where they find out the schematics are on Scariff.
-The prologue to ANH happens. The Rebel fleet attacks Scariff, with X-Wings disabling the shield gate that lets the troops get down below. Jyn, Cassian, and K2 sneak into the Imperial facility in disguises and capture the plans. They ultimately manage to broadcast them to the Tantive IV. Maybe a Leia cameo?
-During the battle, Chirrut dies. Most likely most of them or even all of them die, but he's the only one confirmed so far. Krennic almost certainly gets choked to death by Vader.

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
Red carpet in 15 minutes brehs.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=198ijL6HnLA

Now for those wondering why you should have some interest in watching it, remember that Oscar Isaac and Carrie Fisher showed up drunk to the TFA premiere, with the former asking an interviewer explicitly to go "pee pee" with him.

Metalmarc

So they are playing some looped music at the pre-stream on the channel, is it general generic random channel music or from rogue one i wonder

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
So they are playing some looped music at the pre-stream on the channel, is it general generic random channel music or from rogue one i wonder

i feel like it's something ive heard before, except every other instrument's been ripped out barring the percussion.

i just cant put my finger on what it is

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom