• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rogue One: A Star Wars Story |OT| They rebel - SPOILERS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Timu

The rundown of the plot seems to be like this from what we've pieced together:

-Starts 4 years after RotS. Krennic hunts down Galen who has been hiding since the end of Catalyst. He takes him into custody and forces him to work on the Death Star superlaser. Lyra Erso probably dies. Jyn is taken in by Saw Gerrera for a few years.
-Jyn starts living on her own at age 15, getting into trouble.
-19 years after RotS, Galen sends out a coded transmission that the Rebels intercept. Cassian Andor breaks Jyn out of prison on Wobani and brings her to Yavin IV where Mothma recruits her because of her connection to her father.
-Jyn, Cassian, and K2S0 travel to Jedha and meet the Imperial-turned-Rebel Bodhi Rook as well as Chirrut Imwe, who is a monk with the Guardians of the Whills, and his friend Baze Malbus. They fight a bunch of Stormtroopers. Sam's partisans may be involved? Jyn meets with Saw. Krennic shows off the Death Star by blowing up Saw's base, probably killing him. Maybe does a ton of damage to Jedha? Maybe a demonstration for Tarkin? Vader meets with Krennic at some point but who knows when.
-The Rebels return to Yavin IV where there's a big meeting. Some people want to give up, Jyn rallies them to fight.
-The Rebels strike Eadu to try to rescue Galen. He probably dies? Maybe this is where they find out the schematics are on Scariff.
-The prologue to ANH happens. The Rebel fleet attacks Scariff, with X-Wings disabling the shield gate that lets the troops get down below. Jyn, Cassian, and K2 sneak into the Imperial facility in disguises and capture the plans. They ultimately manage to broadcast them to the Tantive IV. Maybe a Leia cameo?
-During the battle, Chirrut dies. Most likely most of them or even all of them die, but he's the only one confirmed so far. Krennic almost certainly gets choked to death by Vader.
Nice info man, I'm really liking the sound of this. Also:

I believe Galen might be killed by Krennic.

Metalmarc

I need to pick up the Art Book when it comes out next week, the Force Awakens one was very interesting. I love me some Star Wars Art.

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
Am i going crazy or is the current interviewer from the E3 Playstation event

Also LOL Wil Wheaton referring to the prequels as unspeakable.

Shaanyboi

Banned
Its George Lucas on the war drums. The return of Jar Jar is near.

So I'm watching Clone Wars for the first time with my girlfriend, and we're eating dinner, but we also just had an argument about some chores. But then it's a Jar Jar-heavy episode, and it literally made the moment that much worse.

kevin1025

Banned
So I'm watching Clone Wars for the first time with my girlfriend, and we're eating dinner, but we also just had an argument about some chores. But then it's a Jar Jar-heavy episode, and it literally made the moment that much worse.

Any episode with Jar Jar is a bombad episode, Ani!

Once you've learned to accept Jar-Jar, he's a good friend.
mace-windu-jar-jar.png

See? If Mace can do it, so can you!

bill0527

The rundown of the plot seems to be like this from what we've pieced together:

-Starts 4 years after RotS. Krennic hunts down Galen who has been hiding since the end of Catalyst. He takes him into custody and forces him to work on the Death Star superlaser. Lyra Erso probably dies. Jyn is taken in by Saw Gerrera for a few years.
-Jyn starts living on her own at age 15, getting into trouble.
-19 years after RotS, Galen sends out a coded transmission that the Rebels intercept. Cassian Andor breaks Jyn out of prison on Wobani and brings her to Yavin IV where Mothma recruits her because of her connection to her father.
-Jyn, Cassian, and K2S0 travel to Jedha and meet the Imperial-turned-Rebel Bodhi Rook as well as Chirrut Imwe, who is a monk with the Guardians of the Whills, and his friend Baze Malbus. They fight a bunch of Stormtroopers. Sam's partisans may be involved? Jyn meets with Saw. Krennic shows off the Death Star by blowing up Saw's base, probably killing him. Maybe does a ton of damage to Jedha? Maybe a demonstration for Tarkin? Vader meets with Krennic at some point but who knows when.
-The Rebels return to Yavin IV where there's a big meeting. Some people want to give up, Jyn rallies them to fight.
-The Rebels strike Eadu to try to rescue Galen. He probably dies? Maybe this is where they find out the schematics are on Scariff.
-The prologue to ANH happens. The Rebel fleet attacks Scariff, with X-Wings disabling the shield gate that lets the troops get down below. Jyn, Cassian, and K2 sneak into the Imperial facility in disguises and capture the plans. They ultimately manage to broadcast them to the Tantive IV. Maybe a Leia cameo?
-During the battle, Chirrut dies. Most likely most of them or even all of them die, but he's the only one confirmed so far. Krennic almost certainly gets choked to death by Vader.

Where's my map room scene? Somebody better have my goddamn map room scene somewhere in this Star Wars movie.

OmegaFax

this is going to sound dumb, but if jar jar's return turns out to be true, i might actually crack a smile when i see him

ill go kill myself now

I caught the 7PM early screening of The Force Awakens last year and when I was walking out after the showing, I said something like "I can't believe Jar Jar is in this one" to someone I was with within earshot of the line for the next showing.

There was some sadness, confusion, and anger in the faces of a few dressed up Star Wars fans.

I caught the 7PM early screening of The Force Awakens last year and when I was walking out after the showing, I said something like "I can't believe Jar Jar is in this one" to someone I was with within earshot of the line for the next showing.

There was some sadness, confusion, and anger in the faces of a few dressed up Star Wars fans.

I made sure to cover my ears/listen to music loudly whenever a screening was letting out. They should've followed my lead!

Timu

Live stream is over as they are going to see the movie...can't wait for what happens in the next 2 hours or so!

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?

I love doing fake spoilers even though I'm completely aware how much of a dick move it is and come to regret them.

I remember saying last year in the TFA OT that "RAY dies"...but not Rey.

Got so much hell for that.

soulluos

Maybe he will be at the China premiere. The guy has a huge influence in China, don't think Disney would be that stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom