• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RPCS3 - Ni no Kuni | Now Playable! (4k Gameplay)

thelawof4

We're pleased to announce that Ni no Kuni can be played from start to finish and runs at a stable 30fps even on mid-range machines e.g a 4790k and probably on even lower-end CPU's! For anyone looking to play this, you will want to use the SPU LLVM recompiler and Vulkan for the most performance. Do note however that some users reported better stability with OpenGL, (mainly due to an Nvidia driver issue affecting 4xx drivers and up) but both Vulkan and OpenGL are performing quite well. Oliver's cape being too dark can be fixed by using the "Accurate xfloat" setting with the SPU LLVM Recompiler, however unless you have a high-end CPU, this will not be worth the performance decrease. And finally, forcing anisotropic filtering in RPCS3 will result in 2D Elements like character portraits having some very minor graphical issues. So it's up to you if you want better looking textures at the cost of a small issue on 2D elements. Finally, make sure you're on a new build of RPCS3 to have all the latest improvements.

The game was already working fine in older versions of RPCS3 but now it apparently runs pretty much perfect as far as i can tell. It is even possible to play at 4k or higher.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
is there a legal way to play this on pc ?
as is not ripping your ps3 copy ?

i really have no idea as i do own the game but i would love to 4k it.
my xbox one x spoiled me so so bad.
after playing a ok ish game like ff13 in 4k i dont want anything else man.

Armorian

Banned
is there a legal way to play this on pc ?
as is not ripping your ps3 copy ?

i really have no idea as i do own the game but i would love to 4k it.
my xbox one x spoiled me so so bad.
after playing a ok ish game like ff13 in 4k i dont want anything else man.

You can make iso of your PS3 disc. I think it's perfectly fine to download iso if you have PS3 copy (no BD drive for example) but that's just me, some people are very sensitive about this things :p

Last edited:

Shifty

Damn! That's super impressive. Good show by the RPCS3 team.

You can make iso of your PS3 disc. I think it's perfectly fine to download iso if you have PS3 copy (no BD drive for example) but that's just me, some people are very sensitive about this things :p
Ssshhh, they'll hear you :messenger_winking:

Vawn

Banned
The disappointing Ni No Kuni 2 almost made me forget how good the first game was.

JRPG developers need to stop thinking taking away turn-based combat is an improvement.

thelawof4

As far as i know it is legal to create backups of games you own. Depending on where you live it could even be okay to download the backup.

Top Bottom