RPG Hangout

bigedole

Mar 10, 2015
Austin, TX
Just finished Labyrinth of Refrain, so glad I gave it a go! Spent just over 100 hours with it, strongly recommend to anyone looking to scratch that turn-based itch!

Nov 30, 2013
Wanted to see how hard the final part of Xenoblade is, so I went and began fighting the final bosses

"Disciple Dickson gave me a little trouble in his second form. I'm at level 81. Than I got to Zanza first form who murdered all my characters I use. "

So, I'm going to be grinding to level 99 and doing some more sidequest

Last edited:

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Jul 2, 2013
Picked Golf Story back up again. It's hit and miss* but makes for a nice podcast game.

*Pun not intended.
Game was fun but I think "hit and miss" is the best way to describe it. Those Frisbee golf sections still give me nightmares, such terrible controls.

JSoup

Jun 20, 2013
California
Ever seen Dragon Sinker? Look at this shit.

Does that make you hot?
It makes me hot.

Straightforward RPG stuff right here, kids. You're on a quest, you get various people with various jobs split among three parties that you can switch freely between to get the job done. It's....stupidly fun and only really super challenging when you get down to the endgame content. A nice turn your brain off and grind for a bit kinda RPG. And it's on like a million systems, you can get this crap on your phone if you really want to.

Reactions: jshackles

Khalid M.

Nov 8, 2018
It looks nice, but the colors are a little too hard for the eyes as far as I'm concerned. The ghost sprite could use more shading for example.

I'm curious how well this sold... which reminds me, I'd love to partner with a small indie dev to work on things like character design and story to complement the talent who is in charge of art, coding, and music.

Nov 30, 2013
I finished Xenoblade Chronicles on Wii. Great ending. Xenoblade 2 is stil my favorite one so far. I'm onto Xenoblade X. I just started but I'm really enjoying it. It feels much different from the previous Xenoblade games I played.

I'm playing Yokai Watch 2. I'm a huge fan of the first game, and I'm really enjoying the sequel

Reactions: Khalid M. and Scopa

Lanrutcon

Feb 19, 2014
Spent a few days on Chaosbane (PC, Diablo 3 ripoff set in the Warhammer universe). It's really bland, basic and can't compete with Grim Dawn, PoE, etc.

Only good thing that it has going for it is controller support and local coop.

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
Oct 27, 2017
your mind
I spent a few days setting up a system to play old DOS games and then I spent today flipping back and forth trying to decide which old school dungeon crawler RPG to play.

I settled on Lands of Lore: The Throne of Chaos. I missed out on the PC dungeon crawlers during the genre’s heyday and I’m trying to get up to speed. After 30-40 minutes tonight, I’m digging it.

Duellist

Sep 6, 2018
Just started tales of vesperia definitive edition. Only about 2 hrs in and so far I'm not sure what to think. Battle looks like it will be fun but not sure about the rest of it yet. After playing Dragon Quest 11 having a rpg with a fixed camera is frustrating. Cant believe they went that route. Graphics are nice though and I do like the how they did the world map.

Duellist

Sep 6, 2018
I've got the itch for an RPG. The 3 I had in mind are YS VIII, Dragon Quest XI, and Persona 5.

Which one of those 3 would you guys recommend?
Dragon quest 11 for sure. Loved it. ys VIII was awesome but it's more action rpg and the translation from Japanese to English is comical( horrible). Still awesome game though. I never played Persona 5 so cant comment on that one.

Last edited:
Reactions: SpiceRacz

ROMhack

Jul 14, 2018
Does anybody else find FF8 a bit slow? I'm just after the second disc and it feels like the game is moving at the speed of treacle.

WolfAddressBox

Neo Member
Jun 13, 2019
...I'd love to partner with a small indie dev to work on things like character design and story to complement the talent who is in charge of art, coding, and music.
Well, I'm part of a whole team, but never too many hands, just depends on how you want to collaborate :)