• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Disgaea 3 is a PS Vita Launch Title

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
dallow_bg said:
Is it OVERCLOCKED?

I'd pick it up. Skipped the original.
Same here. I'm so glad I did now. As others have mentioned, I hope it gets D2PSP's treatment where they added elements from 3, iirc.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
prowler_ said:
I don't even know how you got it into your head that there is more demand for Gurumin than Ys.

Because it's actually good and not a complete snorefest like Ys games.

nonnocere

Fortunately, it is a short 6-10 hour experience, right?

I kid, I kid.

Looking forward to Disgaea 4 and anything that brings more fans to the series I'm in favor of.

gate777

Hopefully it comes to all territories in the world and on PSN. The entire game shouldn't be a huge file to download anyways.

Disgaea on the go is perfect d00d!

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Amir0x said:
would buy if they replaced the sprites with HD sprites from Disgaea 4.

Not gonna happen. It'll be a quick and dirty port with maybe one-two minor new additions like D1/2 PSP was.

That said, I'm honestly not surprised if they do make it a PSP2 title. I've been wanting it on the PSP since D1/2 launched.

Hell, I'll go so far as to say that Disgaea 4 would be a PSP2 title as well, inevitable if the engine is still the same just with new sprites.

matmanx1

Would almost certainly buy it. Disgaea on the PSP is a really good fit and I can imagine the game would look really nice on the new screen.

see5harp

On one hand it's awesome that they are going to support the Vita. On the other hand, it's somewhat embarrassing when you look at what comparably sized teams have been able to do on both PSN and XBLA. Much more interested to see how Disgaea 4 turns out. I'm unwilling to pay for yet another port when Capy and Supergiant have been able to release much more compelling products at $15 price points.

Nix

Banned
Totobeni said:
Because it's actually good and not a complete snorefest like Ys games.

Please, just take your shit and exit to the right.

I think...I just shit my pants. DAY 1 MOTHER FUCKERS, DAY 1!!!!

Now, I can get a Vita without reserve. It doesn't matter if I only get 1 game, Disgaea will last me for at least 6 months. Let me just do my dance, my umbasa dance.

Heres hoping we get some D4 DLC, or at least cross campatibility and perks, for those of us who bought D4; yes, it's unfair to some, but STFU and buy D4 then.

Elios83

It's a game that would definetly take advantage of the rear touch pad to rotate, scroll, zoom in and out of maps.
But I've already played Disgaea 3. Announce Disgaea 4 for Vita and I would buy that version instead of the PS3 one.

Durante

see5harp said:
On one hand it's awesome that they are going to support the Vita. On the other hand, it's somewhat embarrassing when you look at what comparably sized teams have been able to do on both PSN and XBLA. Much more interested to see how Disgaea 4 turns out. I'm unwilling to pay for yet another port when Capy and Supergiant have been able to release much more compelling products at $15 price points.
Now, I love indie games, but I can't think of comparable ones that have even half the amount of content of a Disgaea game. You have to keep that in mind when doing comparisons.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
I can't believe a single-word-post generated this many reactions.

Successful troll post is successful.

The "$ony" thing reminded me....

What were the 3 GameFAQs fanboy slurs? I got Xbots and Nintards but I can't for the life of me remember what the Sony people were called. I guess I was there before the PS3 came out so there wasn't as much fervent defense of them back then with the PS2. Back then all the fighting was over Xbox/Gamecube.

Takao

Banned
jeremy1456 said:
3DS ports bad.

Vita ports good.

Doesn't anyone else see a problem with this logic?

For a very long time 3DS ports were thought as good (see MGS3 E3 2010 thread). Then people came to the cold realization that might be all they get, and said ports weren't all that special (see MGS3 E3 2011 thread). Vita hasn't launched yet, so it has the benefit of doubt.

jeremy1456 said:
3DS ports bad.

Vita ports good.

If I recall correctly, MGS3 and OoT received the best reactions of the 3DS line-up last E3. Ports help flesh out launch and post-launch lineups. They only become a problem when they're still the better part of the lineup half a year after launch, as is the case with 3DS.

Grinchy

Banned
*edit: nvm, I won't feed the troll/fool

I will, however, say that if the saves are transferable, I would think about picking this up at a sale price. Since I already own the PS3 version, I wouldn't feel great about spending a lot just to play on a smaller screen.

DiscoJer

Takao said:
For a very long time 3DS ports were thought as good (see MGS3 E3 2010 thread). Then people came to the cold realization that might be all they get, and said ports weren't all that special (see MGS3 E3 2011 thread). Vita hasn't launched yet, so it has the benefit of doubt.

Yeah. Until the 3DS actually came out, it seemed to be PSP ports bad, 3DS ports good.

Probably the same will happen with the Vita comes out.

Still, something like this is good because it's only been on one system, and being a time sink, I think is far more suited for a portable than TV

Theonik

Grinchy said:
*edit: nvm, I won't feed the troll/fool

I will, however, say that if the saves are transffarable, I would think about picking this up at a sale price. Since I already own the PS3 version, I wouldn't feel great about spending a lot just to play on a smaller screen.
fix'd

Kyzer

Banned
airmangataosenai said:
The "$ony" thing reminded me....

What were the 3 GameFAQs fanboy slurs? I got Xbots and Nintards but I can't for the life of me remember what the Sony people were called. I guess I was there before the PS3 came out so there wasn't as much fervent defense of them back then with the PS2. Back then all the fighting was over Xbox/Gamecube.

There are no specific 3 slurs. Its slang. There are a ton of different ones. It would all depend on who you heard it from first and then you likely just made the extrapolation in your head that its well known. I know of like 10. .

klee123

jeremy1456 said:
3DS ports bad.

Vita ports good.

Lol, if you want to start shit up, find a better topic.

Tell that to the Nintendo fanboys shitting on the PSP for being a port machine in the past, then circle jerking over the 3DS port filled lineup last year.

see5harp

Durante said:
Now, I love indie games, but I can't think of comparable ones that have even half the amount of content of a Disgaea game. You have to keep that in mind when doing comparisons.

To me it's not just gameplay. Most of Disgaea is just levels upon levels of very similar looking levels. I like the core gameplay but they haven't really improved anything in terms of presentation since the first game on PS2. Still mixed in stereo. Still low res sprites with little to no animation. I really don't think Disgaea 3 warrants a remake unless they are planning on completely reworking the entire graphics engine or redrawing sprites. The reason I don't have an issue with DS ports is that in most cases they've redone everything from the ground up. I can't imagine this being anything but an exact port.

klee123

freddy said:
I believe it was meant for the person who replied in post 134.

Never did I cheer about ports on vita, and that statment was just asking to be mocked.

Switch the "good" and "bad" of his statement and you'll probably describe a lot of Nintendo fanboys in this forum as well.

Top Bottom