• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

["Rumor"] Final Fantasy XV Delayed to November 29 [Up: Photo evidence]

When will Final Fantasy XV release?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ViciousDS

Banned
It's really hard for me to understand why anyone would care more about the impact of a marketing event than about getting a game that's in the best shape possible.

Well they did look to Avalanche studios for help. So most likely what happened was every time they patched their game the performance got worse instead of better over time. Games don't always get better.

Now I'm actually worried Avalanche was who they looked to for data streaming lol

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Here's my ULTIMATE question.

My SUPER DUPER question I would love someone to answer. And it would have made a world of difference and put this game in a much better place for many people.

Why..........WHY did SE announce Final Fantasy Versus XIII AT ALL?

Why would ANY developer, announce vaporware that is more than 3 years out?

Don't do it.

Don't do that. 3+ years out? Just keep it under wraps! You don't build hype and keep hype for that long. Better to wait until it's actually......I don't know. A GAME.

This game should not have even BEEN ANNOUNCED until late 2014, as far as I'm concerned. Everything else before that was tripe.
A few years earlier at the beginning of 2000, they announced Final Fantasy IX, X and XI all in one day. It worked out fine for them.

As with many of Square's mid-2000s failings, the shift to HD development massively taxed what seemed to be a well-oiled machine in the 90s. Pretty much everything they thought they knew about being a the premiere creator of fantasy videogames went out the window.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
I was scheduling some vacation days at work yesterday and was going to take off a few days after the game release. I figured I would schedule them closer to release date instead. Guess I don't need to now.

I have a feeling this game is going to be terrible.

I was scheduling some vacation days at work yesterday and was going to take off a few days after the game release. I figured I would schedule them closer to release date instead. Guess I don't need to now.

I have a feeling this game is going to be terrible.

So you went from buying the game on September to not buying it anymore and adding that is going to be terrible game just cause it gets delayed?

Tyaren

Could be Neo reason's tho, Sony mandatory neo patch or something.

Can you guys stop with that? Square Enix isn't a first or second party developer and FFXV isn't a PS4 exclusive game. Sure, they delay a multiplatform game just for a patch for a PS4 upgrade that at launch hardly anyone will own and play FFXV on. It isn't even sure the Neo comes out anytime soon.

Neonep

This literally happens all the time. I dont know why people think that Square Enix is the only company to ever delay a game or sell DLC.
My problem doesn't come from the delay, it comes from the fact that it's SE. If this were Naughty Dog or Rockstar, I would be like well it happens. This is a game that was announced 10 years ago. SE has so many games in the pipeline which is good but they just need to go in a hole, makes no appearances, and finish up all of these games that people have been waiting years for. Does Nier have a release date? Does KHIII have a release date? Does FFVII Remake have a date?

sappyday

Still buying it. The last demo was a wreck and it being delayed doesn't have my confidence high though.
But a delay is for the better you realize that? Like someone at Square must of said "oh wait the game won't be ready at Sep so instead of releasing it broken we should do the right thing and delay it"

That's if this rumor is true.

My problem doesn't come from the delay, it comes from the fact that it's SE. If this were Naughty Dog or Rockstar, I would be like well it happens. This is a game that was announced 10 years ago. SE has so many games in the pipeline which is good but they just need to go in a hole, makes no appearances, and finish up all of these games that people have been waiting years for. Does Nier have a release date? Does KHIII have a release date? Does FFVII Remake have a date?

That's a JP problem in general they put the cart before the horse.

KH3 was announced early according to Nomura but I guess when the bosses say "show something" guess you have to.

Nier was announced for 2016 actually.

gosoxtim

i wouldn't worry kh3 thatm uch when nomura want to real a date he will when he think it ready beused i think kh3 will be out next year for the anveristy next year

SOLDIER

Anyone remember in one of the ATRs how someone joked to Tabata about delaying the game again after announcing the September date?

Can someone screencap that?

Toth

None of this won't mean anything until Gamescon/photos from the source. P5 taught me this.

It will be a pretty terrible if they continued to use this date knowing full well the rumor is spreading like wildfire. Again, this delay, if it has happened, was not just decided upon yesterday. They need to get damage control started asap.

It will be a pretty terrible if they continued to use this date knowing full well the rumor is spreading like wildfire. Again, this delay, if it has happened, was not just decided upon yesterday. They need to get damage control started asap.

Its very likely that SE management and the dev teams are the only ones that know about it right now. Remember the P5 PR guy that said it was releasing in a couple of months? (back in 2015)

Its not that he was lying, its just that he wasnt told. They waited until TGS to announce the delay.

Honestly, I don't care anymore. I'm just along for the fuckery. This thread title brought lots of laughs the first time I saw it. "Of fucking course" we're the exact words I uttered.

Ketaya

Its very likely that SE management and the dev teams are the only ones that know about it right now. Remember the P5 PR guy that said it was releasing in a couple of months? (back in 2015)

Its not that he was lying, its just that he wasnt told. They waited until TGS to announce the delay.

The marketing teams will know about the delay as well for some time, or how do you think GameStop supposedly has new marketing materials already. And who else would be planning the delay announcement? Especially if it will happen at gamescom the German PR team must know about it already, they're planning the booth and the banners etc.
SE isn't working like Atlus when it comes to their western branch.

MechaX

The marketing teams will know about the delay as well for some time, or how do you think GameStop supposedly has new marketing materials already. And who else would be planning the delay announcement? Especially if it will happen at gamescom the German PR team must know about it already, they're planning the booth and the banners etc.
SE isn't working like Atlus when it comes to their western branch.

It is still possible that the delay could be a very, very, very last second situation (and if it does, the German PR team not knowing about it could be explained by a simple fuck up communication, which does happen). It would make sense considering the game should be Gold around this time but we still have not heard anything about it.

LAA

Bit ridiculous everyone is taking it as truth. I'm not fully dismissing it, but I can't fully accept it either, but people are taking it as fact based of one source.
Luckily it seems we'll find out pretty soon according to the rumour, we'll see.

https://www.facebook.com/ffxvde/?fref=ts

The official German FFXV facebook page used the September date again just an hour ago.
Might still mean nothing, but...

It's really possible the germany PR team of SE don't know about the delay yet even though gamescom is in a few days. I think we should just expect a delay now since Gematsu said the report from Gamenesia rumor is accurate so I doubt they would just throw away all the credibility they have now because of a weekend rumor.

Twookie

Bit ridiculous everyone is taking it as truth. I'm not fully dismissing it, but I can't fully accept it either, but people are taking it as fact based of one source.

eh i'm hoping the game is going to release sep 30 at a good state, but at this point i wouldnt even be a tiny bit surprised if the game ended up being delayed because why the fuck would it not, so i can totally see this being true

but as i said, I hope it isnt and the game is in fine shape

Zedark

Two sources, actually (Gamnesia and Gematsu say that their sources said this), but also while ignoring sources in the same position from other journalists who say they have no such news.

Definitely agree that many are jumping the gun, though. We can't take this as truth before any definitive announcement, or if Gamescom comes and goes with no alterations (they can't announce it closer to release than Gamescom, right? RIGHT?).

chefbags

Two sources, actually (Gamnesia and Gematsu say that their sources said this), but also while ignoring sources in the same position from other journalists who say they have no such news.

Definitely agree that many are jumping the gun, though. We can't take this as truth before any definitive announcement, or if Gamescom comes and goes with no alterations (they can't announce it closer to release than Gamescom, right? RIGHT?).

Haha would be the biggest fuck you if they announced the delay in September for tgs. I mean that's just being incompetent as hell.

But yeah if this delay is confirmed I'll just go sleep off the next 3 months.

Gamescon will probably have a new trailer, expect the new release date on it.

It's a shame if it's indeed delayed but nothing loss since I will end up getting it. Only issue is that September had no other game I was interested in so I may end up buying this in March or April.

That's how neogaf rolls...

Don't forget, the release date was just one of many announcements at Uncovered. We got a bunch of trailers, Brotherhood + its first episode, Kingsglaive reveal + its cast, the airship... A single delay doesn't invalidate everything else that happened in the event as well as the effect it created on the game's buzz afterward.

We have multiple reports right now.

Plus one of them's from the source that leaked the game's original release date.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom