• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Katsuhiro Harada says Masamichi Abe working on original IP for Nintendo

Trago

Anyone could use a pitch shifter on a Japanese friend's speech and pair it with sketches from your Deviantart Scraps folder. Hell, even I could honestly make a video like this. There's not much to it, considering the amount of titles that have also been "leaked" by "Random Nintendo Employees" in similar vids by other fanboys.

This shouldn'tve even been discussed, if you ask me. (In a serious manner anyway. If it was brought up just to point and laugh at it, that's slightly better.)

Pretty much.

Zalman

Take this with a huge grain of salt. No offense to Mr. Harada, but English isn't his best language so he might've meant something else.

Sendou

Take this with a huge grain of salt. No offense to Mr. Harada, but English isn't his best language so he might've meant something else.

It makes sense though. We know Miyamoto is working on a new IP and saying that it's made in Kyoto isn't such a stretch.

What I find interesting is that the last game he was credited for was Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Mini-Land Mayhem! which was finished by late-2010. That would mean the project has been in development for quite some time (with a dedicated team) and should be ready to be revealed any time now.

In other news the director of the last Miyamoto's more hardcore oriented IP is working on a new IP and the connection some people make is Pokkén because he worked at few fighting games like 15 years ago? Come on now.

iB5CjT4Dqpp6x.jpg

Pokken Fighters lives!

no give me pokemon stadium 3

Shikamaru Ninja

任天堂 の 忍者
Masamichi Abe has been working at NST in Seattle for almost 9 years now. He only worked at Nintendo Kyoto for 5. I think he is still at NST though.

Nintendo's developers are always working on original prototypes and concepts. At the end of the day, Nintendo rather see them worked into concepts as Mario or Zelda or Wii Play mini games or not see them at all. Unfortunately.

Keep trying Abe-San.

Tripon

Masamichi Abe has been working at NST in Seattle for almost 9 years now. He only worked at Nintendo Kyoto for 5. I think he is still at NST though.

Nintendo's developers are always working on original prototypes and concepts. At the end of the day, Nintendo rather see them worked into concepts as Mario or Zelda or Wii Play mini games or not see them at all. Unfortunately.

Keep trying Abe-San.

If Harada says that Abe is back at Kyoto Nintendo, I'd believe him though. I would think he would know about that.

They need to make a Pokemon Stadium game where you have direct control over Pokemon movement and attack. I have dreams of Mewtwo hovering like 100 ft above a forest arena covered in mist while an Eevee is hiding in the fog behind a rock, waiting to launch that one attack that will change the tide of battle.

Village

They need to make a Pokemon Stadium game where you have direct control over Pokemon movement and attack. I have dreams of Mewtwo hovering like 100 ft above a forest arena covered in mist while an Eevee is hiding in the fog behind a rock, waiting to launch that one attack that will change the tide of battle.

dude to 700+ pokemans and balancing.

No.

Also with pokemon making the transition to 3d a need for a pokemon stadium decreases. They could easily add those minigames people liked to the next pokemon games.

Shikamaru Ninja

任天堂 の 忍者
If Harada says that Abe is back at Kyoto Nintendo, I'd believe him though. I would think he would know about that.

He was in Seattle recently. Like very recently! So I don think so. I mean maybe he just moved back to Kyoto like a week ago? It just seems like an incredulous occurrence.

jay

I must be missing something because it seems like the revelation from this thread is that a guy who works for Nintendo is working on a Nintendo game.

SMgamer83

This has been a pretty amusing thing to see, especially with it showing up on IGN. Kinda puts all of gaming journalism in a new light for me.

I must be missing something because it seems like the revelation from this thread is that a guy who works for Nintendo is working on a Nintendo game.
Some guy asked harada what happend to abe, probably didn't know where is he was after leaving namco. That's all.

Alex

... I'm actually not upset by this.

Dillon's Rolling Western has evolved nicely, as have Crashmo and Pushmo. I welcome this. I think it'd be an interesting new way for Nintendo to feel for what works in terms of IP before going gang-busters on a full out title.

Pushmo and Crashmo are great but the rest of Nintendo's eshop efforts sit pretty cold with me.

BuzzJive

Nintendo's developers are always working on original prototypes and concepts. At the end of the day, Nintendo Japan rather see them worked into concepts as Mario or Zelda or Wii Play mini games or not see them at all. Unfortunately.

Let's be clear that it's Nintendo Japan that calls all the shots on that kind of stuff. I don't believe that NST gets much of a vote on even their own work.

Top Bottom