• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Rumor] Leak claims Nintendo Switch 2 is using the newer Nvidia T254 SOC

Lunatic_Gamer

Gold Member

hype train GIF

Last edited:

Dorfdad

Gold Member
I love this time of year! It’s like the start of every sports year where you get to believe your team will win it all!!

If Nintendo does put out a real 4k/60 capable handheld with a decent battery life I don’t see any way they don’t repeat and pass the success of the switch unless it’s 600.00

499.99 would be my guess. But they would be competing with a cheap and more powerful ps5 so I feel they need to somehow match the switch price or 50.00 more

Last edited:

ThisIsMyDog

I live this time of year! It’s like the start of every sports year where you get to believe your team will win it all!!

If Nintendo does put out a real 4k/60 capable handheld with a decent battery life I don’t see any way they don’t repeat and pass the success of the switch unless it’s 600.00

499.99 would be my guess. But they would be competing with a cheap and more powerful ps5 so I feel they need to somehow match the switch price or 50.00 more
What even mean 4k60 capable handheld? Will it output 4k60hz, even 4k120hz signal to your TV? Yes, are games going to work like that when even PS5, Series X struggle with this? No, of course, not, stop dreaming.

Skyfox

I live this time of year! It’s like the start of every sports year where you get to believe your team will win it all!!

It better not be 4k in handheld mode. That'd be a massive waste.

RoboFu

One of the green rats
The only thing here that makes it feasible in my mind is that Nvidia themselves pushed for this and it wasn’t something Nintendo had to have. Which makes more sense as nvidia wants certain new features out in the public space. The switch 2 is basically one of the biggest ad campaigns they could ask for.

Last edited:

MadPanda

Banned
I'm out of touch with Nintendo, so people who follow it, how possible is this from 0%-100%? I've recently bought switch and reading these rumors makes me want to wait for switch 2 to play botw and other games at much higher fidelity.

TLZ

Banned
The only thing here that makes it feasible in my mind is that Nvidia themselves pushed for this and it wasn’t something Nintendo had to have. Which makes more sense as nvidia wants certain new features out in the public space. The switch 2 is basically one of the biggest ad campaigns they could ask for.
So you believe this thing ran Matrix at 1440p while PS5 and XSX ran it at 1080p?

Edit: Actually it's 1440p on both home consoles. You believe that? And it's DLSS'd to 4k...

Last edited:

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
lol@getting excited over new Nintendo hardware, as if it'll be anything remotely more than a small spec bump, Nintendo stopped being relevant (hardware/tech wise) years ago

Holammer

Had a chat with a programmer yesterday and he brought up the Orin rumour bits, from his angle he questioned how much the system would cost when you add a screen + battery and how it would have to be underclocked to kingdom come so they can cool it in a handheld form factor. Because there's a heavy-duty heatsink on the thing.

The Peach castle demo is what sold it for me, I call it mostly legit. Seems very plausible, nothing particularly unrealistic or too good to be true. And it lines up right with when internal plans changed in 2019ish and they scrapped a planned Switch Pro.

This thing ain’t launching before fall 2024.

I would say 99% fake. There's no way Nintendo would pay TSMC prices.

The Peach castle demo is what sold it for me, I call it mostly legit. Seems very plausible, nothing particularly unrealistic or too good to be true. And it lines up right with when internal plans changed in 2019ish and they scrapped a planned Switch Pro.

This thing ain’t launching before fall 2024.

I feel like Nintendo would have tried to have another 'tentpole' game ready if the launch was going to be closer to the end of next year.

Del_X

I can see this being a showcase for nvidia mobile tech. They don’t really have anything else.

Fbh

Summary of this week:
-Switch 2 is the first consumer grade quantum computer.
-Runs the matrix demo at 8k 600fps with path tracing
-DLSS then upgrades it to 16k 1200fps which will be supported by the 1200hz microled display with literally the brightness of the sun
-17 weeks of battery life on a 10 minutes charge
-$299

I would say 99% fake. There's no way Nintendo would pay TSMC prices.

I feel like Nintendo would have tried to have another 'tentpole' game ready if the launch was going to be closer to the end of next year.

They will. We just don’t know what they’ll be yet. Likely one of them is the rumored DK game made by the 3D Mario team.

The BotW demo was just proof of concept to showcase targets and featureset.

RoboFu

One of the green rats
Summary of this week:
-DLSS then upgrades it to 16k 1200fps which will be supported by the 1200hz microled display with literally the brightness of the sun
-$299
pfftt.... $350

People really like to put themselfs through disappointment
816305.jpg

Last edited:

Marvel14

Banned
WCUsAet.jpg

I call total bs....if anything Nintendo know the opposite from their WIi U experience.

I can see Nintendo ensuring all PS4 level games can run on it. The massive crossgen lag means lots of current gen games can be easily ported.

That "portable last gen" strategy worked a treat for Switch.

With diminishing returns on graphical power upon us as evidenced by that crossgen lag, they should totally double down on that strategy and keep the Switch successor affordable and mass market.

But to spend that much time writing fan fiction just to get noticed?

Season 9 No GIF by The Office

P.S. Lunatic gamer sounds about right...

Last edited:

digdug2

This is far-fetched, but what if the Switch 2 were a combination of an upgraded handheld along with a dock containing a dedicated GPU with tensor cores?

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Summary of this week:
-$299
Err you forgot the room temperature super conductor that allows it to convert into a hover board.

That guy couldn’t possibly time his rumours worse than he did

A few hours ago :

Kopite7kimi, pretty notorious leaker for every Nvidia chipsets, says T239 at Samsung 8nm fab

That’s a way more reliable leaker than some 4chan anon 😂
I so wanted this not to be true as Samsung 8nm was such a big disappointment with the Ampere GPUs when it comes to perf per watt. it's worse than TSMC 7nm that both XSX and PS5 launched back in 2020. I'm actually shook.

Last edited:
I'm out of touch with Nintendo, so people who follow it, how possible is this from 0%-100%? I've recently bought switch and reading these rumors makes me want to wait for switch 2 to play botw and other games at much higher fidelity.

Get a PC, play on the Yuzu or Ryujinx at whatever resolution you want.

Nintendo games are best when they're freed from Nintendo hardware. I don't care if Switch 2 comes with a bee jay attachment, Nintendo makes the greediest pricing decisions for games and services.

Fabieter

There is no way nintendo starting switch 2 at a loss. Either rumors are bullshit or it's gonna be really expensive. Nintendo must be confident that switch 2 will be a 🏃‍♂️ success. So I guess they it's gonna be really expensive.

Almost forgot... Ada's two biggest changes are the big increase in L2 cache and the OPA (used for Frame Gen in the gaming parts). Both are very expensive in terms of die space.

Top Bottom