• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Leaked stages/characters from Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale [Updated]

KevinCow

Banned
What's the point of giving us hints for the stuff that leaked?

Because then he knows for sure that it won't be proven wrong.

He's done this several times now. "Announce" something on his site shortly after it's announced elsewhere, then when people start to point out that it was already announced before he put it up on his site, say something like, "Well yeah, but I actually knew it before they put it up, I just didn't get around to posting this until then!"

Loudninja

Because then he knows for sure that it won't be proven wrong.

He's done this several times now. "Announce" something on his site shortly after it's announced elsewhere, then when people start to point out that it was already announced before he put it up on his site, say something like, "Well yeah, but I actually knew it before they put it up, I just didn't get around to posting this until then!"
Yeah like Jak and Daxter,Fat Princess,Sweet Tooth,Radec,Sly Cooper, and several stages.

He has been right many many times,its not some random coincidence.

But then there's also the fact that TheMink said that we should not be expecting those characters. I still really doubt their inclusion...

TheMink could be in on it! /conspiracy

But really, maybe theMink wants us to be surprised :)

It's too big a coincidence, and we know how much Paul loves this game. Surely he knows the backlash of doing such a thing

Yeah like Jak and Daxter,Fat Princess,Sweet Tooth,Radec,Sly Cooper, and several stages.

He has been right many many times,its not some random coincidence.
Preferred/official leak from a leaky boat.

But his clues are still too vague to be of that much value.

Were we supposed to get something from the full house references?

B.O.O.M

Are you talking about a response regarding the leaks? I believe IGN said that they (Sony) responded with the usual "We don't comment on rumors or speculation" statement.

Oh didn't hear that bit. Disappointing then, but not surprising. I hope this encourages them to go bat shit crazy with 'reveals' at Gamescom

Also if the roster is right on the money, I hope this encourages them to try and add 1-2 additional characters to the roster that they were considering for DLC.

KevinCow

Banned

He has been right many many times.

I'm not denying that he had some legit leaked information early on. I'm just saying that everything he's "revealed" or hinted at since then has been bullshit. It's all been at least one of the following:

1) Characters who are completely obvious, like Jak, Ratchet, and Cole.

2) Stuff that's already been leaked or revealed, like San Francisco.

3) Ridiculously cryptic, so he can find some way to connect his "clues" to pretty much any potential reveals. I mean, really? Lambo is kinda like Lombax, therefore Ratchet? The pictures have things that use electricity, therefore Cole? Using that kind of logic, is there anything that couldn't somehow be linked to one of his pictures?

And beyond his posts on this game, I'm also taking into account his posts about other games. I was thinking specifically about Castlevania 3DS in my last post, as that situation went exactly as described. He "announced" Mirror of Fate after it had already been leaked, and basically just compiled all the rumored information that had been posted on sites like GAF, and called it a Paul Gale Network exclusive. He later tried to use this as evidence for his credibility, and was called out on it, to which he replied something along the lines of what I posted up there. Then when the game was officially revealed, it turned out a lot of the "leaked" information that he'd compiled was actually false.

I also think back to the Starfox x Metroid thing. He posted that as a rumor, got people riled up, then immediately before E3 where everyone was expecting Retro's game to be revealed which would have proven his rumor to be bullshit, he said that he suddenly found out that the rumor was actually not true.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
They pretty much have unique powersets. Good Cole is about precision mostly, and evil Cole is about destruction and sapping energy from people.

I'm very hype when they confirmed evil cole to one of playable character from the leaks. I know people were upset but I felt it's right because I want evil cole's power. :p

I think Evil Cole would be unique if he had slow, but effective AP sucking attacks. Level 3 is a fullscreen energy sucking attack that steals maybe a quarter bar of each person, but Evil Cole does not keep that for himself, everyone just dies.

Gorillaz

I'm not denying that he had some legit leaked information early on. I'm just saying that everything he's "revealed" or hinted at since then has been bullshit. It's all been at least one of the following:

1) Characters who are completely obvious, like Jak, Ratchet, and Cole.

2) Stuff that's already been leaked or revealed, like San Francisco.

3) Ridiculously cryptic, so he can find some way to connect his "clues" to pretty much any potential reveals. I mean, really? Lambo is kinda like Lombax, therefore Ratchet? The pictures have things that use electricity, therefore Cole? Using that kind of logic, is there anything that couldn't somehow be linked to one of his pictures?

And beyond his posts on this game, I'm also taking into account his posts about other games. I was thinking specifically about Castlevania 3DS in my last post, as that situation went exactly as described. He "announced" Mirror of Fate after it had already been leaked, and basically just compiled all the rumored information that had been posted on sites like GAF, and called it a Paul Gale Network exclusive. He later tried to use this as evidence for his credibility, and was called out on it, to which he replied something along the lines of what I posted up there. Then when the game was officially revealed, it turned out a lot of the "leaked" information that he'd compiled was actually false.

I also think back to the Starfox x Metroid thing. He posted that as a rumor, got people riled up, then immediately before E3 where everyone was expecting Retro's game to be revealed which would have proven his rumor to be bullshit, he said that he suddenly found out that the rumor was actually not true.
I've been wondering about this as well.

J-Tier

I think Evil Cole would be unique if he had slow, but effective AP sucking attacks. Level 3 is a fullscreen energy sucking attack that steals maybe a quarter bar of each person, but Evil Cole does not keep that for himself, everyone just dies.

Since Nix is a minion, I'm betting she's one of his supers. "Get 'em Cole!" and she'll grab everyone on screen with that gooey stuff for you to go around and take out.

SmithnCo

I hope minions have their own mode. The fact that there isone per character, and some don't show up in people's moves is interesting. For instance, Pierre instead of Kuro.

TheMink

then why does anyone care what he has said? i'm confused.

How dare you doubt me!!!!!

Just kidding, but i have a source if it makes you feel better.

EDIT:

TheMink could be in on it! /conspiracy

But really, maybe theMink wants us to be surprised :)

It's too big a coincidence, and we know how much Paul loves this game. Surely he knows the backlash of doing such a thing

Do not get your hopes up, i would be stoked about Crash too but i was told no crash :(

If i was told wrong i would welcome that lol

k_Reign

I hope minions have their own mode. The fact that there isone per character, and some don't show up in people's moves is interesting. For instance, Pierre instead of Kuro.

I'm pretty sure minions are just characters that are present in your story mode. That goes along with this as well:

Q11) Super Smash Bros. Brawl had many cameo appearances. Will the same be true here?
A11) Yes. For almost every character in the game, there’s a friend or foe of them, that makes an appearance.

ODk3NDc4OUY0N0M2QUY3OUJCREE6Nzc2N2JlN2E0YjEwMjgyNTNmMjc2NWVlYTZkOTliNTM=

Jet Moto stage?

Wow. Looks like a ton of content.

Online profiles are nice, and I am curious about sending gifts. All the character challenge stuff seems great too.

Yeah very cool things. I've personally decided the "shop" is basically where you will buy game content. I think doing anything in game will score you "Stars" which you can spend on levels/characters/costumes etc. That is a fun way to unlock things if you ask me :D

k_Reign

I think they are both early builds of:

16xtywr.jpg

Notice the boxes and the similar color scheme.

That's definitely the stage in the image. I think the character may be what he is referring to, though. The second from the left is thought to be Kat from Gravity Rush, which is definitely a possibility, but at this point I think we are seeing her because we want to.

I am referring to the character! Haha sorry should have specified!
Because I think it's pretty much a given that the picture is newer than the beta stuff. Kat is still a possibility!

J-Tier

I am referring to the character! Haha sorry should have specified!
Because I think it's pretty much a given that the picture is newer than the beta stuff. Kat is still a possibility!

Yeah, I still believe. =)

Could be Sir Dan though, but pffffft, in my mind, it's Kat.

Top Bottom