• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RUMOR: NX more powerful than PS4, Splatoon/Mario Maker ports in development

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeBoy101

I'm just saying, people who want power shouldn't look to consoles. Consoles are here to provide you ease of access to exclusive games. Nintendos third party woes are not going to end just because they put out another GameCube.

But see, at least that post has meat on it. That's what you need to lead with next time. But the allure of consoles is easy hardware setup. Leaning towards consoles doesn't mean someone isn't lusting for more power from them. They just don't want the hassles of PC ownership.

And after the impact of the Quantum Break port ... well, I'll never walk away from my PC, but I understand.

Nirolak said:
I told 10k he could post whatever as long as he contextualized it. I'll be out for a while anyway, but I just wanted to establish I haven't been doing anything akin to bish checking.

There you go, 10k.

giphy.gif

I almost don't even care what the NX is, watching this thread is entertaining enough. New Nintendo hardware brings out a legendary brand of crazy on this forum.

Malus

I told 10k he could post whatever as long as he contextualized it. I'll be out for a while anyway, but I just wanted to establish I haven't been doing anything akin to bish checking.

I did suggest he give a general sense of confidence for each in the event some of this doesn't pan out so you're less disappointed, but I didn't require he do so.

Hmm is that why modbot said it was unverified?

AmyS

I did suggest he give a general sense of confidence for each in the event some of this doesn't pan out so you're less disappointed, but I didn't require he do so.

Yay, I'm up for Friday night NX rumors.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
I didn't do the modbot post, but I just did want to establish this is more seat of your pants stuff than me going out and collecting a bunch of significant evidence for us to assert the plausibility of the sources.

JonnyKong

The NX better have an improved UI, that's all I want mostly right now. More specifically, a quicker UI. It bugs the hell out of me how long it takes to look at things such as your friends list, extras, miiverse etc, all these things are loaded instantly on the other consoles.

Vena

Of course, that's the point that people missed. There's no way for this stuff to be extensively verified, and even if Bish were to come verify and track every lead you'd probably still not be able to discern fact from fiction.

What 10k is doing, and as Niro noted, is to contextualize that he heard it from potentially knowledgeable sources...

... doesn't prevent it from being 3D print bulls and their shit, though.

ozfunghi

So people are waiting for the next 10k's post? Following his yesderday tweet about Polaris is that it?
I will not neglect Tenkay's work but, have to say for my part, if I've noticed one or two really tiny bit of smoke, it's certainly not pointing toward Polaris.

Do you know something? Have you heard something? Please share.

Cool beans. I'm curious about any 1st-party exclusives being cooked up but realistically don't expect much on that front until E3.

Which is cool; prevents another Bloodborne/SFV situation from happening.

10k as much as everyone is cheering you on to post. Think hard.... I would advise you not to. But your decision.
As long as they don't claim what they say as 100% fact and doesn't give up the identity of their sources, what harm is there?

Sadist

I almost don't even care what the NX is, watching this thread is entertaining enough. New Nintendo hardware brings out a legendary brand of crazy on this forum.
I find it pretty tame compared to the wust threads four years ago. Now that was crazy.

Then again, the NX threads are running on fumes, more so when compared with the rumours we had on Wii U.

Plum

That's the thing about Nintendo. They're the wildcard of the industry, they go from winning E3 (2014) to losing miserably (2015), there's no predicting what they're gonna do.

You've also got to remember that the NX's announcement is the culmination of more than a year of complete nothingness. It's great in gaming to know something's coming but not know what it is.

MuchoMalo

Banned
Yes it does.

Wether it's NFS:2010 hot pursuit or most wanted the most I can get out of it on this machine on 4850 is shit, will literally post my sapphire if I have to. Isn't even a 720p 60fps at best even on this machine which is a 3570 it's a unstable 720p at 30fps with that card. I would need a 560/6850 in order to get respectable performance like WiiU/360/Ps3 provided all which can do it with higher or better settings.

Windows is a fucking bloaty OS and older dx apis have tons of overhead too.

But that's my point. Consoles already have lower-level APIs, so do these new ones even make a difference?

Malus

Cool beans. I'm curious about any 1st-party exclusives being cooked up but realistically don't expect much on that front until E3.

Which is cool; prevents another Bloodborne/SFV situation from happening.

I hope the game stuff remains as secret as possible, but I'm kinda resigned to the leaks by now. Hardware rumors though...open the floodgates.

not even cboat, lupinko, kensk, salromano, etc?

Don't you dare sully the great name of 10k by comparing him to mere mortals.

10k...The Undertaker...Michael Jordan...Conan O'brien...this is the kind of company we're talking about.

I woke up from bed, drinking my tea while checking up on GAF. My boy... Another 10k's post is incoming? This will make my holiday more meaningful.

tumblr_m6rl9nXf8V1rry2qj.jpg

I wonder what ideaman thinks of this thread, lol.
I'm glad he doesn't post anymore of his "leaks". He came off as a person who wanted attention when I used to read the WUST. He would barely say anything and thought it was funny.

Anyways somebody tell 10k to get off the toilet and post his info! Lol

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
I'm glad he doesn't post anymore of his "leaks". He came off as a person who wanted attention when I used to read the WUST. He would barely say anything and thought it was funny.

Anyways somebody tell 10k to get off the toilet and post his info! Lol

Mmh...

AdanVC

Damn. I'm having a terrible headache and I was going to take a nap but reading that 10k has some big stuff to post will get me here refreshing like crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom