• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RUMOR: NX more powerful than PS4, Splatoon/Mario Maker ports in development

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
10k as much as everyone is cheering you on to post. Think hard.... I would advise you not to. But your decision.

Oh? Because you think there's too much uncertainty? Or for another reason?

Malus

b15cc847845d09fcfd43f65c5b2fa6e0.png

ca4b294d863ca80870a3edf381466f71.png

Industry leading. Believe.

chips.gif

AzaK

T
"Another" new well-specced console? We haven't seen one of those in 10 years, and when we look at said "ongoing trends in the market" since then, like the business need to have multiplat games on everything that can run them to net as many sales as possible, it paints a slightly different picture. The industry isn't where it was when it could exclude a platform on a whim like in the PS2 era, so using the GameCube as some metric of how developers and publishers will treat Nintendo in the modern era has to come with a lot of really serious caveats.

You didn't address the point about how many viable consoles are needed to saturate the enthusiast market. First though, I assume, when we talk of "third parties", we're talking the Western, "core" ones that are basically non existent on Wii U. I realise the some Japanese and some casual games (Just dance) etc will be there.

Now that's out of the way, do they really need another console to sell to? How many Nintendo console owners will be ONLY Nintendo console owners and want said third party games? I would hazard a guess is't very, very few. Therefore the market is tiny for additional sales over and above PS4 and XBO.

I'd love to see any numbers anyone has on how many people are Nintendo only households and then how many of those want the big Western third party games.

I didn't do the modbot post, but I just did want to establish this is more seat of your pants stuff than me going out and collecting a bunch of significant evidence for us to assert the plausibility of the sources.

Can we split the new info into a new thread? This one is a bit overwhelming....

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
Can we split the new info into a new thread? This one is a bit overwhelming....

If it's unverified and with a lot of uncertainty, I'd vote in favor of not making a new thread. I'd suggest it just gets edited into this thread's OP.

ozfunghi

WTF IS GOING ON??? 👀👀👀👀

10k has to be written with a non capital k. This is fact, not rumor.

Further, Nirolak has seen 10k's next batch of intel and gave his ok to post under the condiction that 10k provides enough context.

So in the meanwhile, 10k is checking out the youtube vid i posted, which will help him type faster. Once he's viewed the video, he will start typing out his next post of semi-verified info.

Picture this, NX is Nintendo's 7th home console and if Mass Effect Andromeda hits the NX. Would a Normany collectors edition console sell well? N7 makes sense to me

Malus

10k has to be written with a non capital k. This is fact, not rumor.

Further, Nirolak has seen 10k's next batch of intel and gave his ok to post under the condiction that 10k provides enough context.

So in the meanwhile, 10k is checking out the youtube vid i posted, which will help him type faster. Once he's viewed the video, he will start typing out his next post of semi-verified info.

I also sent him a few dozen volumes of my foreign language learning books, so he can type it up in a manner accessibe to the global audience. We can expect his series of multilingual posts in a few months,

I also sent him a few dozen volumes of my foreign language learning books, so he can type it up in a manner accessibe to the global audience. We can expect his series of multilingual posts in a few months,
Yo you could've held on to those for collector's value and get him a premium DuoLingo account ;)

JoeBoy101

If EA really expressed a desire to have EA software bundled with the NX, seems like a good match to have an "N7" special edition console bundled with Mass Effect Andromeda

There's the hitch. Not that I think its impossible, but I doubt you'll see EA throw in on a port to the NX, without a real good feel on the console's launch strength. I certainly don't have a horse in this race as I play on the PC. I don't mind more ports as it might make mine sturdier, but after the Wii, I don't think you'll see a wholesale rush to the console from the third party publishers.

swatahafa

Banned
b15cc847845d09fcfd43f65c5b2fa6e0.png

ca4b294d863ca80870a3edf381466f71.png

Industry leading. Believe.

Industry leading performance per watt. That's a very big difference from industry leading.

Wii U is probably pretty much industry leading if you compare how little power it consumes and what graphics it output at that power consumtion.

Whilst I enjoy all the speculation and craziness I still feel like these rumours have about as much credibility as having someone read my palm for info on the NX. It may well all be true but there is no way I'd believe it based on these leaks.

Still this whole thing is pretty fun, i just wish the actual announcement wasn't so far away. Put us out of our misery Nintendo.

Pyrokai

Question about the architecture for a dummy: If everyone was excited that it was x86 architecture because it could get easy ports, why are we excited at the prospect that it could be Polaris architecture if that woukd also be a different kind? Wouldn't it be hard to port games?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom