• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RUMOR: NX more powerful than PS4, Splatoon/Mario Maker ports in development

Status
Not open for further replies.

Banned
Thank you Nirolak. As he said, I need to contexualize everything. These are rumors I hear from people in positions to know this stuff or know people who are in positions to know this stuff. I'm just the messenger, not the actual source.

Because I have a lot of info to sift through and quotes to use, particular tech talk, it takes awhile to type.

Also, I don't care if you post my twitter account.

-Horizon-

watch this thread get shut down before 10k can post

"The OS has nothing on iOS8! Save your money people."

Someone's gonna say that.

At this point everyone is.
oh I'm pretty sure I've seen posts here on gaf say something along those lines
that and how their OLED 1080p retina display phones screen should be the bottom standard nintendo has

Never mind the lack of quality moblie games and negative impact on battery life gaming have on phones.
I've had people argue with me that they've got good enough battery life playing games all day. While ignoring the fact that the most graphic intensive games on ios/android will turn your phone into a steaming hot piece of dead plastic in under 3-4 hours.

Thank you Nirolak. As he said, I need to contexualize everything. These are rumors I hear from people in positions to know this stuff or know people who are in positions to know this stuff. I'm just the messenger, not the actual source.

Because I have a lot of info to sift through and quotes to use, particular tech talk, it takes awhile to type.

Thank you for the update. Sounds like the focus is on HW side. I will play some Splatoon while waiting for your post :)

AdanVC

So looking forward to this !

Neoxon

Take your time, man. Just post it whenever you're ready.

georly

You just want those sweet follower numbers to go up. Not content with your 62!? Gonna abandon your old twittergaf friends for your NX leak-mongers!?

NateDrake

If you need help, PM me and I'll sort through some of it.

JoeBoy101

1434166482687_zpsiey0qxmk.gif

I'm calling it now: NX to have 4k SUPPORT (most games will still be developed with 1080p/60fps in mind).

Hardly any games will use it, but it will be there to go against all the PS4k SPECSHEET.

It will be mostly used for ports: Smash Bros NX (already runs at 1080p on Wii U), SplatooNX, Mario Maker NX; games which aren't exactly graphics intensive and smaller NX indy titles but they will give the spec heads something to be excited about.

Also, I think a Mario Maker NX preloaded on ALL NX systems is an awesome idea (props to the gaf user who originally came up with the idea).

Also, I'd be pretty happy with something like this with more refinement. I'm not sure if it'll be the main controller though.

53M2r6Vl.jpg

Banned
I told 10k he could post whatever as long as he contextualized it. I'll be out for a while anyway, but I just wanted to establish I haven't been doing anything akin to bish checking.

I did suggest he give a general sense of confidence for each in the event some of this doesn't pan out so you're less disappointed, but I didn't require he do so.

I can post whatever?

NX is an espresso maker. T4 rumor guys.

giphy.gif

Daft Punk

Banned
Lol I hope 10k is being careful and not letting the 15 mins of fame get to his head. Nintendo ninjas are a real thing. Why do you think this info you are getting has been under wraps for so long?

Sterok

This is a good demonstration about why you need to think very hard about becoming a trusted leaker. Not worth the pressure or responsibility unless you really care.

georly

This is a good demonstration about why you need to think very hard about becoming a trusted leaker. Not worth the pressure or responsibility unless you really care.

I wanna know the leaks, I don't wanna give the leaks. If I knew the hot NX business, none of you all would know.

xHiryu

I'm calling it now: NX to have 4k SUPPORT (most games will still be developed with 1080p/60fps in mind).

Hardly any games will use it, but it will be there to go against all the PS4k SPECSHEET.

It will be mostly used for ports: Smash Bros NX (already runs at 1080p on Wii U), SplatooNX, Mario Maker NX; games which aren't exactly graphics intensive and smaller NX indy titles but they will give the spec heads something to be excited about.

Also, I think a Mario Maker NX preloaded on ALL NX systems is an awesome idea (props to the gaf user who originally came up with the idea).

Also, I'd be pretty happy with something like this with more refinement. I'm not sure if it'll be the main controller though.

53M2r6Vl.jpg

God fucking damn, NINTENDO WIT DA 4K SUPPORTTTTTTT

Yo, im full hype train on this motherfucker. That controller looks real good but idk if it would be comfortable for long gaming seshs.

Doctre81

Industry leading performance per watt. That's a very big difference from industry leading.

Wii U is probably pretty much industry leading if you compare how little power it consumes and what graphics it output at that power consumtion.

Funny i was thinking the same exact thing like 10 mins ago lol. What other console has wiiu's power at it's wattage? None.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom