• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Quantum Break delayed to early 2016

EagleEyes

Like 2 weeks before E3. Later than Forza 6 this year, this year they decided to announce Forza at the Detroit auto show.

Its exactly Forza 6. Certainly not nothing like it. Its a yearly franchise that always gets announced before E3. Every single Forza game for like 5 years has been announced before E3. F6, FH2, F5, FH were all announced before E3.

See above
The bottom line is that you didn't disprove his notion that a couple of big retail games got announced at or around E3 last year. The same thing could potentially happen this year. I'm not saying it will happen as it probably won't but it has happened before and thats all he is saying.

pa22word

Something tells me this game is looking nothing like they originally were planning on making. All the changes in the xbone marketing and hardware strategy have totally changed since they first announced this game, so it wouldn't shock me in the least bit of remedy had to essentially reboot development on the game sometime last year.

Poor remedy, just like with AW, seems they always get the shit end of the stick on things like this :/

The bottom line is that you didn't disprove his notion that a couple of big retail games got announced at or around E3 last year. The same thing could potentially happen this year. I'm not saying it will happen as it probably won't but it has happened before and thats all he is saying.

The bottom line is that last year Forza got announced before E3 as it always does every year and MCC was the only 2014 release announced at E3. Can they announce 2-3 games at E3 for 2015? Its possible, but I extremely doubt it. There certainly isn't a pattern.

So what exclusives (full games, not indies) are there to look forward to on Xbox One this year then? Not interested in Forza.

Other than Halo 5 and possibly Rise of the Tomb Raider (timed), I feel like my XO will be collecting dust.

Ramenman

'Likely'?

Microsoft - or any other company rep for that matter - doesn't exactly use loose wording like that when it comes to delaying a game.

Just 2015.

Well his source is a site called Xbox Elite Team... and their additional information also has no source.

Ok so basically no basis for this claim, but a 12 pages thread ? Are we reaching the same level of conclusion jumping and OP-non-reading than in that recent "uncharted is dealyed because jobs lol" thread ?

I guess people are just too eager to concern-troll about "fall lineups" for both constructors to actually care though.

Elandyll

Banned
You're hilarious.

The only game that interests me on the PS4 this year is Uncharted 4 but that doesn't mean the PS4's lineup is "terrible" or "doesn't justify owning a PS4".

One major exclusive + multiplat support is enough justification for many people in terms of buying a console. Really silly thing to say.

That could also be because Sony hasn't announced its end of year lineup yet (beside UC4), contrarily to MS (we know that for XB1 it's going to be Tomb Raider, Forza 6 and Halo 5).

I was pretty sure that Tearaway was going to be their family title for November/ December, but now it looks like it's going to have a summer slot alongside Until Dawn (rumors)...

Not going to get in list wars (there's a website for that), but imho Quantum Break pushed in 2016 will be sorely missed on XB1 (this being said, maybe they can afford it if the GeoW remastered collection for summer is a real thing).

As a fan of action/ adventure I have to admit that Quantum Break is a title that really stands out on XB1 for me, at least with what we've seen so far.

Chobel

So what exclusives (full games, not indies) are there to look forward to on Xbox One this year then? Not interested in Forza.

Other than Halo 5 and possibly Rise of the Tomb Raider (timed), I feel like my XO will be collecting dust.

Gears collection and 1-2 other surprises.

fantomena

Not much interesting so far this year:

Ori - will get on PC
Fable Legends - just as interesting as that Fable on-trails game
Halo 5 - cool, but it's not a suprise
Gears Collection - Cool too, but Ive played all the games already, not much interest playing them again
Forza 6 - kinda hyped

When it comes to indie games, most of them are either already on PC or they are coming to PC too.

This isn't much of a surprise for any one I would think. Hopefully the extra time will be used revamp and get rid of the stupid TV show tie-in that is a remnant of the original Xbox One strategy.

jackdoe

Way too many people are taking this as fact. The community manager linked to an article by a third party site (XET.be) that claimed Quantum Break was delayed to 2016. This is the farthest thing from official. I'm not saying there's no chance it could be delayed (this is Remedy after all) but this tweet pretty much tells us nothing concrete about Quantum Break's status.

shandy706

Do they still have that TV show tie-in planned ?

How do people still not have this right?

Like their previous games, the "TV show" is part of the game itself.

It's just more integral than it was in the past.

This has been asked and answered in nearly every QB thread I've been in since the game was announced.

It is bad news for the console. MS does not have powerful exclusive games for the first 6 or 8 months of this year, that will happen bill if not wake up.

Sydle

I thought it had actual full TV episodes that were produced by the now defunct TV show division.

AFAIK, they were never working with Xbox Entertainment Studios.

It's not a stand alone show. Sam Lake said that the show changes depending on the actions you take in the game and they are shown in between episodes in the game.

MavFan619

Banned
It's one of those on my radar games and I'll apply the same logic to UC4 or Zelda (not saying these are getting delayed they just always get thrown into delay speculation) if a delay happens and it only improves the end product I am all for it.

RoKKeR

Ori - will get on PC
Gears Collection - Cool too, but Ive played all the games already, not much interest playing them again
Forza 6 - kinda hyped

When it comes to indie games, most of them are either already on PC or they are coming to PC too.

From this perspective you could make anything look lame, jesus. MS doesn't need much more than Forza/Halo/Tomb Raider to have a big holiday season. Saying "meh, expected that game" doesn't really count for anything.

If this is true, then it's the best move they could make if the game isn't ready.

I'll wait for you, Remedy. Me and my Xbox One aren't going anywhere.

Sydle

Was it ever supposed to be 2015 in the first place?

Yes...

Sam Lake said:
"We are working hard to bring you an entertainment experience like no other," he said. "Quantum break will be out in 2015. I’m very excited to tell you that we’ll be presenting Quantum Break’s time-amplified action gameplay for the first time ever in August at Gamescom."

Gamezone

Gold Member

Ori - will get on PC
Forza 6 - kinda hyped

Is Gears Collection even confirmed? But yeah, the Microsoft lineup doesn`t look all that good.

Megatron

Microsoft has plenty coming already in the fall.tomb raider, halo and forza is a big fall. Quantum break was just going to get lost in there like Sunset Overdrive did. It is much smarter to delay QB and release it in Feb/March when we are starving for new content.

I don't know if people are saying MS lineup is weak in a vacuum, or comparative to other platforms. Because IMO, the two big platforms have equal lineups.

FourMyle

I had no idea this was supposed to be a 2015 title.

I just hope this game is actually good. The premise is very interesting and it would be a shame if it turned out to be shitty.

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
I'm probably gonna get destroyed for this but the game looks pretty boring to me based on the limited footage I've seen. Like its missing some key gameplay elements to stop it from being just 'stop time, kill people, move this here, go on'.

If I had to guess I'd say the devs felt the game needed a lot more time in the oven in the gameplay department more than visuals. Or maybe I'm completely off base and it's just get the graphics/frame rate up to par lol.

Kosma

Banned
I don't know if people are saying MS lineup is weak in a vacuum, or comparative to other platforms. Because IMO, the two big platforms have equal lineups.

Pretty much, 90% of the line up is the same 3rd party stuff so neither system has a weaker line up imho.

L4nnist3r

Except it's not Microsoft, it's Remedy.

But hey, who needs facts, right?

Forget about facts lets make stuff up ;)

in all seriousness just found this update tweet

@dae_jim

"To clarify, the #QuantumBreak ne ws I posted was a opinion piece NOT a confirmation.I am NOT an official MS employee,like some of you thought"

Bgamer90

Banned

@dae_jim

"To clarify, the #QuantumBreak ne ws I posted was a opinion piece NOT a confirmation.I am NOT an official MS employee,like some of you thought"

Really? So now it's "an opinion piece"? Seriously (lol)?

@dae_jim

So the "official" news is actually someone giving their opinion about whether or not it would be delayed? Good to know this was made into something huge.

Percy

Banned
I guess you feel this way about the PS4, Wii U, and X1 then?

I wouldn't call any of them lacking or unwarranted of purchase....

...and I have a GTX 980/i7 rig that blows them out of the water.

Most of my multiplatform gaming is done on PC. With that as a consideration XB1 is easily the platform that represents the poorest value in terms of library at this point in time imo. Were the situation otherwise I would not have sold my XB1 and it would not presently be the only console I do not own myself.

My point was simply that in terms of a library where it is the only/best way to play the games available, XB1 is most definitely lacking imo. Sorely.

fantomena

From this perspective you could make anything look lame, jesus. MS doesn't need much more than Forza/Halo/Tomb Raider to have a big holiday season. Saying "meh, expected that game" doesn't really count for anything.

Probably, but that's my opinion.

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
I've been hearing this for years now, and it's probably a good thing. Look at Sunset, Exclusive game set in the middle of the fall that happens to be a new IP backed by the not as popular console? Not particularly smart. They can also push 2016 as the year of Xbox with: Qunatum Break, Rare's new game, Scalebound, Crackdown, Forza Horizon 3, Gears of War 4, and others! I am also wondering why Remedy take so long on making games.

Most of my multiplatform gaming is done on PC. With that as a consideration XB1 is easily the platform that represents the poorest value in terms of library at this point in time imo. Were the situation otherwise I would not have sold my XB1 and it would not presently be the only console I do not own myself.

My point was simply that in terms of a library where it is the only/best way to play the games available, XB1 is most definitely lacking imo. Sorely.

Sunset Overdrive, Halo MCC, Killer instinct, Forza 5, FH2, Titanfall all beg to differ. The exclusives on Xbox 1 have been pretty good to this point. XB1 is my most played console of the three largely due to its great exclusives especially as someone who tends to avoid playing on my PC.

I also think the combination of next gen Halo /Forza 6/next gen Tomb Raider and possibly a gears remaster is a pretty amazing fall lineup. I feel like QB would get drowned out amongst those titles and some other multiplats.

Obviously I only feel this way to justify my purchase right? Or maybe I made my purchase because these are the types of games that interest me...

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Call me skeptical, but I don't believe it. Then again, negative sounding xbox one rumors have a tendency to take on a life of their own, so in the eyes of many I guess this is now a confirmed fact.

Interesting.
Please, do go on...

gabriel-byrne-in-treatmen-001.jpg

Top Bottom