• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Quantum Break delayed to early 2016

Leflus

I wouldn't be surprised if Quantum Break got delayed. Microsoft's lineup for the second half of 2015 is a bit crowded, and QB kind of taps into the same demographic that might be interested in Tomb Raider.

I just hope that Rockstar doesn't decide to crash the party again.

demigod

I said this back in the "How is Remedy still in business" thread. No way is it coming out this year. It's REMEDY people.

hawk2025

I wouldn't be surprised if Quantum Break got delayed. Microsoft's lineup for the second half of 2015 is a bit crowded, and QB kind of taps into the same demographic that might be interested in Tomb Raider.

Well, the point was to have it come out Late Summer, I believe, to at least spread out their Fall lineup some. Not in November or so directly against Tomb raider.

Aside from halo and tomb raider what makes it stacked?

Well, the point was to have it come out Late Summer, I believe, to at least spread out their Fall lineup some. Not in November or so directly against Tomb raider.

Actually that would be smart. It worked well for destiny... If they can get it out early September late August prior to all the Xmas releases.

That's a bummer, but if the game needs it then its the right call.

The problem is, my Xbox is starting to gather dust and I'm not sure how long its going to be before that changes. All I know of for this year that I'm interested in are Halo 5 and Forza 6, but I'm a bit hesitant about the first, and DriveClub may have stolen all of my thunder for the second with pCars also edging into that territory soon enough. I'll probably get both Halo and Forza but that's a slim lineup. No interest in Tomb Raider whatsoever.

kpaadet

Grimløck;155244094 said:
2016 works for me: quantum break, scalebound, crackdown, fh:2 (hopefully) and a nice backlog of quality games. no incentive for me to get an xbo this year.
Dude you havn't see nothing just wait for 2017.

new read dead announced and comes out same day as QB = RIP Qb

Leflus

That's true, I guess. Late summer would have been a decent slot for QB. Unless that's when they're planning to release the rumoured Gears Collection.

Aside from halo and tomb raider what makes it stacked?
Halo 5
Forza 6
Rise of the Tomb Raider
Quantum Break
Fable Legends (not a retail release, but it is being treated as a major release)

Rumour:
Gears of War Collection

haikira

Can't say it's a big surprise, if it's true, but still a shame. Currently one of my most anticipated.

If it means a better product, and a launch during a better release window, I'm still all for it.

Bessy67

That's too bad if true. I was hoping it would be this year but I was kind of expecting 2016 since it's Remedy. Still, I really wish I'd be playing it this year.

Guri

Was Alan Wake ever officially delayed? I mean, sure, the game was revealed in 2005, signed by Microsoft in 2006 and sometime between that and 2009 it changed a lot, but the only release date they ever had was Summer 2010, isn't that right?

That's a bummer, but if the game needs it then its the right call.

The problem is, my Xbox is starting to gather dust and I'm not sure how long its going to be before that changes. All I know of for this year that I'm interested in are Halo 5 and Forza 6, but I'm a bit hesitant about the first, and DriveClub may have stolen all of my thunder for the second with pCars also edging into that territory soon enough. I'll probably get both Halo and Forza but that's a slim lineup. No interest in Tomb Raider whatsoever.
My PS4 has been collecting dust since Hohokum. Good exclusive games are hard to come by.

Percy

Banned
Sunset Overdrive, Halo MCC, Killer instinct, Forza 5, FH2, Titanfall all beg to differ. The exclusives on Xbox 1 have been pretty good to this point.

Titanfall isn't XB1 exclusive.

I also think the combination of next gen Halo /Forza 6/next gen Tomb Raider and possibly a gears remaster is a pretty amazing fall lineup.

Tomb Raider isn't XB1 exclusive.

Obviously I only feel this way to justify my purchase right? Or maybe I made my purchase because these are the types of games that interest me...

Your reasons are entirely your own obviously. I stated only my own feelings on the matter.

My PS4 has been collecting dust since Hohokum. Good exclusive games are hard to come by.
True that. I use the PS4 for all my multiplats which means each Xbox exclusive has to carry more water, and delays like this definitely hurt on that front. But again, even though it sucks I wouldn't ever want a game to be released prematurely.

Its still early in the year yet - hopefully something else will end up taking its place in the line-up to help make the wait for Quantum Break easier.

Grimløck;155244094 said:
2016 works for me: quantum break, scalebound, crackdown, fh:2 (hopefully) and a nice backlog of quality games. no incentive for me to get an xbo this year.

Gears will probably be 2016 too.

Doffen

Grimløck;155244094 said:

What?

Palocca

Another then those, Forza, probably a one or two unannounced titles and dozen or so multiplatform titles, nothing really..

My problem is that MS is releasing all of their exclusive titles during the holiday season. I get that sometimes release planning is outside of your control, but man it's such a dry spell for the Xbone and will continue to be until the Fall. But, I guess it's fine if you only own one console since multiplatforms are a thing.

EL CUCO

Grimløck;155244094 said:
Yup. And if I'm going to wait that long, I might as well wait for the inevitable slim version.

My problem is that MS is releasing all of their exclusive titles during the holiday season. I get that sometimes release planning is outside of your control, but man it's such a dry spell for the Xbone and will continue to be until the Fall. But, I guess it's fine if you only own one console since multiplatforms are a thing.

Yup. Killing your momentum from Christmas for 9 out of 12 months of the year isn't a healthy business strategy. Gears Collection, Forza 6, Tomb Raider and Halo 5 is a good line up for the holidays but having little else throughout the rest of the year makes no sense to me.

Kuni

Ouch! That's gotta hurt. Kudos for the team for taking the time to do it right. Although it was announced a tad early perhaps...

Welfare

I think I can wait one more year.

Yeah one more year.

One more year.

One more...
1012_frozen-last-breath.jpg

As much as I want this game sooner rather than later, Remedy is a small studio and I can totally understand them having to delay the game.

Palocca

Yup. Killing your momentum from Christmas for 9 out of 12 months of the year isn't a healthy business strategy. Gears Collection, Forza 6, Tomb Raider and Halo 5 is a good line up for the holidays but having little else throughout the rest of the year makes no sense to me.

Not to mention the risk of cannibalizing your own sales during the holidays. Four high profile exclusive releases in the same quarter? On top of a multiplatform battle royale? Something's going to bomb.

I doubt that 2016 will be like 2015.

Feindflug

Gears will probably be 2016 too.

I may be wrong but I'm under the impression that Gears 4 is still in early stages of development and 2016 may be a bit early (same with Crackdown and the rumored Banjo game) but if Quantum Break & Scalebound are spring/summer 2016 titles fall must have a heavy hitter so everything is possible I guess. I just hope that MS and the new guys at Black Tusk take their time and create the best game that they can.

Prine

Banned
Take your time Remedy, I loved Alan Wake, so I know they'll create a fantastic game. Thank you Phill for letting them take their time.

I may be wrong but I'm under the impression that Gears 4 is still in early stages of development and 2016 may be a bit early (same with Crackdown and the rumored Banjo game) but if Quantum Break & Scalebound are spring/summer 2016 titles fall must have a heavy hitter so everything is possible I guess. I just hope that MS and the new guys at Black Tusk take their time and create the best game that they can.

Gears is either 2016 or 2017. 2016 would be a 2.5 year timeline for development. That's pretty tight but Black Tusk is Microsoft's Unreal Engine 4 experts. I think it has a pretty good shot at getting released Nov of 2016. If not, it will be Fall 2017.

I just don't see MS releasing Gears outside of the holiday window.

Everyone seems to be forgetting the most teased game in existence (Rare's new title) when talking about Microsoft's 2015 line up. I'd be very surprised if we didn't get a new Banjo announced at E3, then released fairly soon after (so as to avoid the 3rd party onslaught of Q4).

Leflus

Everyone seems to be forgetting the most teased game in existence (Rare's new title) when talking about Microsoft's 2015 line up. I'd be very surprised if we didn't get a new Banjo announced at E3, then released fairly soon after (so as to avoid the 3rd party onslaught of Q4).
Their previous game was released less than a year ago. It's too early for a new retail release from Rare.

demigod

For MS its good but for consumers its bad. MS likes to channel stuff and its easier to do during the holidays.

Wouldn't be all that surprising given Remedy's history with delays. MP1 and AW were delayed like crazy and multiple times. Should be for the better and help out with the reported issues with release schedule being too packed for the calendar year.

That's true, I guess. Late summer would have been a decent slot for QB. Unless that's when they're planning to release the rumoured Gears Collection.

Halo 5
Forza 6
Rise of the Tomb Raider
Quantum Break
Fable Legends (not a retail release, but it is being treated as a major release)

Rumour:
Gears of War Collection

halo, tomb raider are the only "big sellers" forza will not sell great in my opinion (horizon was fantastic, foza main, less so)

Leflus

halo, tomb raider are the only "big sellers" forza will not sell great in my opinion (horizon was fantastic, foza main, less so)
Forza Motorsport usually sells well.

I didn't say anything about those games being "big sellers" btw. I just said that the second half of the year is crowded.

Megatron

And honestly that same window is probably when QB was going to release so it makes sense to delay it to 2016 to spread things out.

Almost seems like Microsoft front loaded all their titles hoping to jump out to a big early lead and let the momentum carry them through to holiday 2015 and early 2016. Looking at the potential lineup for the rest of the year it's Barren, except it actually gets third party support. Most of the once X1 exclusives are now elsewhere and when it comes to Tomb Raider that's a known timed exclusive.

Unfortunately they didn't get any momentum from the year 1 releases and now face getting trounced throughout the year and then the holiday season this year will be a bit different then last considering the PS4 has big titles planned for the holidays. Uncharted, Persona, No Mans Sky, etc.

Will be an interesting year.

Top Bottom