• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Quantum Break delayed to early 2016

KORNdoggy

It looked more 'gamey' than The Order, but if the reviews for that game made them consider their approach to combat, then more power to them. I'd love to see something as dynamic as that Uncharted 4 demo, but with time powers instead.

it certainly appeared more "gamey" with the powers. but we're seeing the same things critics seems to hate about the order. slow, forced walking section, player removing cuscenes, limited (press x) environmental interaction, QTEs and a small combat zone. maybe remedy have something up their sleeve that sets it appart. becasue it seems like it's going to run into the same overly harsh criticism based on what we've seen and know.

kpaadet

831fed82a85437a7c7c47a373d3141b042593d8db8d7fd174207724f486426bf.jpg

Someone should just post this anytime an anticipated game is delayed.
That quote made sense back when devs couldn't release patches etc, I do prefer a game to be good right out of the box though.

mclem

But it's just not true. Problems can be patched. BF4 was fucked but now it works, the MCC was completely fucked and now it mostly works.

The intent is still true, it's just that a 'delay' is no longer the right terminology. What is a delay? It's spending longer on development. Which costs more money. What is a patch? It's spending longer on development. Which costs more money.

The Miyamoto quote these days boils down to "Having as much budget as you need makes a game good eventually, but a poorly-budgeted game is forever bad"

drigosr

I wouldn't call an Fable legends big title.

Of course it's not a blockbuster but some people wouldn't say Ori and the Blind Forest is a big title too, but i consider both great titles.

I hope you're not saying this about Fable just because it's now free to play.

What is the deal with Remedy as a studio? Are they just mismanaged or something? They've only had 3 full games and 1 small game in the past 15 years. Max Payne was 2001. Max Payne 2 was 2003, Alan Wake was 2010. 7 Fucking year dev cycle for Alan Wake. Ignoring the small title American Nightmare, Quantum Break being 2016 makes it a 6 year dev cycle from Alan Wake. How on Earth do they take this long to make games. I mean their games are great but its not like they're 50 hour games or impeccable masterpieces either. They're good 10-15 hour games. How on earth do they take so long? By comparison normal studios like Naughty Dog have released 9 whole games in the same time span spanning 3 new franchises.

is anyone really surprised? i called this in the e3 predictions thread verbatim, seemed obvious this game wasnt coming out in 2015.

codhand

Halo 5, Rise of the Tomb Raider, Fable Legends, Forza 6 ....

Quantum Break was definitely a big reason i got xbo, those games youve mentioned were not even though i recognize theyre good franchises. QB is also the only new IP of the bunch mentioned

is anyone really surprised? i called this in the e3 predictions thread verbatim, seemed obvious this game wasnt coming out in 2015.

yeah, suppose this is true, Remedy games will be good on release, but still disappointing news

Kelegacy

XBOX - RECORD ME LOVING DOWN MY WOMAN GOOD
If true...I may offload my white Xbox now rather than later with the Gamestop sale. Grrr. I could use the money for PS4 games instead.

Crackdown a 2015 title or more likely 2016?

It's the primacy effect.

First impressions are vital when a game releases. What I mean is that any game that makes a poor first impression, whether it's because of bugs or other technical errors, is likely to receive a more negative bias than if the same game was released and performed flawlessly.

I'm moving into hypothetical territory here. The Last of Us was delayed from May to June. Of course it was only one month, but had TLoU shipped with game-crippling bugs, would it have received as much critical acclaim as it once had? I doubt it. Vice versa could be said for games that had serious issues on release like DriveClub and MCC. Of course, both games will be patched in the coming months so they attain a greater level of functionality, but that doesn't excuse the fact that the game was broken at launch. It's impossible to measure how many sales positive acclaim, or consumer goodwill both games lost because they were rushed out the door (more so MCC than DC). The launch issues for both games are going to linger for the entirety of the game's lifespan. Not in terms of functionality, but in perception.

EDIT: Added some quotes asking for an explanation.

Ok, that's another thing altogether though. When I said it was false I was referencing to the actual quote. Now a rushed game can be broken or bad at launch but way better after patches.

Until a bunch of other games get delayed and the first few months of the year are crowded, just as it happens every year.

All things considered, it's probably better to release a new IP at the beginning of the year rather than going head-to-head with the heavy hitters that typically get released toward the end of the year.

Of course it's not a blockbuster but some people wouldn't say Ori and the Blind Forest is a big title too, but i consider both great titles.

Probably saying because the game seems to be awful so far.

Toki767

What is the deal with Remedy as a studio? Are they just mismanaged or something? They've only had 3 full games and 1 small game in the past 15 years. Max Payne was 2001. Max Payne 2 was 2003, Alan Wake was 2010. 7 Fucking year dev cycle for Alan Wake. Ignoring the small title American Nightmare, Quantum Break being 2016 makes it a 6 year dev cycle from Alan Wake. How on Earth do they take this long to make games. I mean their games are great but its not like they're 50 hour games or impeccable masterpieces either. They're good 10-15 hour games. How on earth do they take so long? By comparison normal studios like Naughty Dog have released 9 whole games in the same time span spanning 3 new franchises.

To be fair, Naughty Dog has twice as many employees as Remedy.

Euron

Called it since last year. MS has too much coming this fall and Remedy has a history of delays. Hoping it turns out great.

London

Neo Member
I wouldn't surprised if we got a Gears collection in a Halo-style "lead up" to the new Gears.
I really want it to happen. I'd love to play Gears 1 1080p 60fps on a console. Gears PC feels so much smoother than the 360 version.

Aren't they a fairly small team given the projects they work on?

Sydle

Not surprised and I'm kind of relieved if true. I just couldn't imagine this getting the proper exposure needed if it releases among Forza 6, Halo 5, Rise of the Tomb Raider, and probably Gears collection in a 4 month span.

Chobel

A big title is reserved for AAA games that can possibly boost sales. Although they can be great, but by definition small games and F2P games are not usually big titles.

GlamFM

Banned
What seems to awful about it, it's just not the "Fable" game people want. If it didn't have the Fable name on it, I don't think people would be so harsh on it.

If the Fable name wasn´t on it people wouldn´t even know it existed imo.

drigosr

What seems to awful about it, it's just not the "Fable" game people want. If it didn't have the Fable name on it, I don't think people would be so harsh on it.

I consider this game as a spin-off and this helps me to see it with better eyes.
I know it's too much different from the original ones but I think it's a pretty solid game, dynamic and beautiful. I love Unreal Engine 4 use for this game.

I think people should give it a try, especially now that is free to play. It don't hurt anyone's pockets, haha

Servbot24

Banned
I'm kind of shocked anyone cares about Fable Legends (not that it's wrong to care)

The other 3 games this year should be good though

Top Bottom