• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Quantum Break delayed to early 2016

RowdyReverb

This reminds me, I randomly had a dream about Alan Wake last night and I haven't played that game in years, but I don't remember any details. These things must be related.

On topic though: They can take however long they need to make this game great. I'd rather have a better game later than a poorer one sooner.

RulkezX

Will be a tad disappointed if this is true, it was the one standout amongst a predictable and boring X1 line up ( for me, I realise it's great for others)

Still some cool indies to look forward to though.

Yeah, but I mean 6 years is crazy dev cycle length. At the very least thats inefficiency or something. I mean Naughty Dog is roughly 250 people.

6 years is a bad estimate. American Nightmare came out in 2012 and Remedy was likely working on Alan Wake 2 for a bit before shifting development to Quantum Break probably sometime in early 2013. 2016 would likely be 3 1/2 years or development or so, I bet.

codhand

Fooled of what? We don't even know if this rumor is true or not.

ok, assuming the rumor is true, it would be odd, as the footage shown seemed very polished, so here's hoping it's not delayed and the rumor is false.

Thanks Doffen didnt realize Ori comes out so soon, that game has me eager to try it, is a new IP etc

ok, assuming the rumor is true, it would be odd, as the footage shown seemed very polished, so here's hoping it's not delayed and the rumor is false.

Polished footage could be nothing but a vertical slice. Overall you wouldn't go out and show not polished footage, because then forums would explode with rage.

thelastword

Banned
Told this before in the thread about uncharted being delayed, this is the generation of the delays, im not even surprised.
This is a Remedy game, a delay is inevitable. They usually promise a lot with graphics and gameplay and disappoint on both counts.

DieH@rd

Banned
https://twitter.com/Dae_Jim/status/574935497014964224 (Apparently the Dutch Community & Social Media Coordinator at Microsoft)

2DarwZz.png

Expected.

JP

This seems to happen every year, high profile game gets delayed until the next year to avoid clashing with the bigger games at Christmas and then get's lost in the deluge of games now release that time of the year.

I'm sure that game will be great but it doesn't really support itself as a tentpole release title. Indies and smaller games support big titles, they don't really serve as a flagship release for a month. Hence Ori would be comparable to something like Helldivers. Whereas Bloodborne is the tentpole release. Plus Ori isn't an exclusive.

maximrace

Posting this a second time because I see not many have noticed my first post

I work for that site and know the guy, he doesn't work at Microsoft and it's just a rumour he picked up nothing official so it probably isn't true

Thanks Doffen didnt realize Ori comes out so soon, that game has me eager to try it, is a new IP etc
They essentially showed the same polished demo 3 times, which comes across to me as they are trying to prove work is getting done. But it's that one demo every time, so I get the sense that it's not near completion.

Megatron

wait, this was a secret?

Will be better for them to release early '16, won't get buried in the holiday lead up then like Sunset Overdrive

This makes a lot of sense actually. Kind of how Nintendo likes to spread their titles out to avoid draughts. I bet Microsoft wishes they had delayed sunset overdrive until now and released it in March. What good did it really do them last year released at the same time as all their other games? Quantum Break would do a lot more for them in the Spring than the fall, IMO.

Toki767

As far as I know, nobody from MS or Remedy ever confirmed that this game will come to PC.

He was talking about Ori and the Blind Forest, which if people are discounting all the PS4/PC games as not exclusive, should count that one as well.

NOOOOOOOO!!!

Might be for the best though, give it a good window hopefully with not much else coming out since the end of this year looks to be cramped up. Plus I would rather they delay than rush it, in Remedy we trust!

Bgamer90

Banned
So not exclusive then. Everyone has a PC. "XBox/PC Exclusive" is basically a meaningless phrase that gives marketers something to say.

I wouldn't say that at all. Multiplats do well on consoles since many people don't play on PC. Therefore, a game that's a console exclusive is still viewed as "exclusive" to many -- more than just simple marketing.

So not exclusive then. Everyone has a PC. "XBox/PC Exclusive" is basically a meaningless phrase that gives marketers something to say.

Oh come on. Not everyone has gaming PCs. Of course Ori takes less to run than other games, but removing "exclusive" because of being on PC is a bit ridiculous. That even removes many of Sony's exclusives since a lot of them are indie titles. Add in some titles being available on Xbox 360 and PS3 as well as their next-gen counterparts and that makes barely anything exclusive to XB1 and PS4. I'm guessing that console warriors will just keep changing what "exclusive" means to help their arguments. *shrug*

EDIT: Yup... this conversation moved to Ori. Sorry.

Top Bottom