• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Rock Band coming to Wii + details (from focus group)

Razorwind

drum2.jpg

drum1.jpg

Does that have to do with anything from the e3 wii video? =000

o0 Will be good if they can make it dual wiimotes instead of real drumsticks and some drum pads....save my $.$

Note that the guy on the left is holding it like a mic, and guess wad? a real guitar seems to be on the right....

Maybe it's the raging Harmonix fanboy in me (the company has yet to make a bad game) but, it seems like a very reasonable price. Hell, I was considering spending $600 + for a 360 + game + peripherals if they didn't confirm a Wii version soon. Such is my love for the company.

There is no doubt in my mind that this will completely BLOW AWAY Guitar Hero 3 (and this is coming from someone who thought GH 1 and 2 were the best games in the last 4 years).

chadums90

Linkzg said:
wait, so no covers? or does this mean its some crappy bands no one heard of?

Bands "no one" (I'm assuming you mean the mainstream) has heard of are often MUCH better than radio crap.

Raistlin

-Drum peripheral comes with kick pedal and real sticks ("real impressive piece of hardware")

Exactly what I was hoping for. They should actually have 2 kicks pedals though, one for high-hat and one for bass.

-All about original artists

They better have some known songs as well ... or at least make them downloadable (BOHICA)

-Bundle with game, wireless guitar, drum kit, micrphone with possible price range of $150-$200

Not bad actually IMO.

BTW - THIS NEEDS CROSS PLAY GODDAMMIT!!

FENDER TO EQUIP ROCK BAND(TM) - THE UPCOMING MUSIC VIDEOGAME FROM HARMONIX, MTV: MUSIC TELEVISION AND EA

Rock Band to Exclusively Feature Guitar Peripheral Modeled After Iconic Fender(R) Stratocaster(R) and In-Game Fender Branded Guitars, Basses, and Amps

Roland and BOSS Will Be Featured in Rock Band Through In-Game Branding and Co-Marketing

CAMBRIDGE, MA - May 8, 2007 - Harmonix, developer of the blockbuster Guitar Hero(TM) franchise, MTV: Music Television, a division of MTV Networks, a unit of Viacom (NYSE: VIA, VIA.B), and Electronic Arts (NASDAQ: ERTS) today announced that Fender Musical Instruments Corporation (FMIC) will have their instruments exclusively featured in the upcoming video game Rock Band(TM), an all-new platform for music fans and gamers to experience and connect with music. In addition, Roland Corporation and BOSS have entered into agreements to have their brands featured within Rock Band.

To deliver the ultimate interactive music experience in Rock Band, Harmonix and MTV have secured an agreement with Fender Musical Instruments Corporation, the world's most respected manufacturer of electric guitars and amplifiers, that will allow the Rock Band game controller peripheral to be modeled after the legendary Fender Stratocaster, one of the most enduring and iconic models of electric guitar in the world. In addition, Fender guitars, basses and amps will be exclusively featured in the game.

"Fender is pleased to be part of Rock Band and the exciting opportunity it offers passionate music fans and gamers," said Bill Mendello, CEO of Fender Musical Instruments Corporation. "Our friends at Harmonix have done an amazing job of capturing the power and style of legendary Fender products within the virtual gaming experience and delivering it all in the spirit of rock 'n' roll."

To further raise the level of Rock Band's authenticity, Harmonix and MTV have also entered into an agreement with Roland Corporation, the world's leading innovator in electronic instruments, and BOSS guitar effects pedals, to be featured in Rock Band through in-game branding and co-marketing.

"Part of Roland's mission is to bring people closer to the music they love. Rock Band certainly fulfills that goal by bringing a deeply interactive music experience to the world, and having Roland featured in the game is a great honor," stated Dennis Houlihan, President and CEO of Roland Corporation U.S.

"Like the Fender Stratocaster, BOSS effects pedals have a long distinguished history," states BOSS U.S. President Paul Youngblood. "We've worked with Fender on many projects in the past and we're honored to be sharing this experience with them. Having the Strat(R) in Rock Band is going to take the virtual world by storm and when it does, we'll be proud to have the BOSS name and pedals right there with it."

"The Stratocaster has been the weapon of choice for many of the world's legendary guitarists. Giving players the opportunity to rock out using a guitar peripheral modeled after the Strat really adds to the authenticity of the experience," said Alex Rigopulos, president and co-founder of Harmonix. "Many of the staff here at Harmonix play Fender and Roland instruments and use BOSS effects pedals in their own bands, so we are thrilled to be able to work with these companies."

Rock Band will allow players to play solo or recruit bandmates and jam side-by-side or virtually online, playing music from the greatest rock artists of all time. Built on unprecedented deals with the world's biggest record labels and music publishers, the music featured in Rock Band will span all genres of rock and include many master recordings.

The title is slated for release on PLAYSTATION(R)3 computer entertainment system and Xbox 360(TM) video game and entertainment system from Microsoft(R) in holiday 2007. For more information on Rock Band and Harmonix Music Systems please visit www.rockbandgame.com and www.harmonixmusic.com.

Electronic Arts will serve as the exclusive distribution and marketing partner for Rock Band, managing distribution for the game in US, Europe and Australia.

Fender guitars and BOSS pedals confirmed. Guitar controller will be a Strat. :D

LinkAMN said:
I find it kind of funny that people complain about the price of this game, with its slew of proprietary peripherals, and yet are willing to spend an equal amount or more on a PC game set in the land of Azeroth.
+99 You speak the truth.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
bluemax said:
Didn't they mention the fender thing on the 1up show last week? I remember them pondering how pedals would work.
Yes. It's old news. The PR is dated 8 days ago

Kewk

Banned
Donkey Thong said:
Maybe it's the raging Harmonix fanboy in me (the company has yet to make a bad game) but, it seems like a very reasonable price. Hell, I was considering spending $600 + for a 360 + game + peripherals if they didn't confirm a Wii version soon. Such is my love for the company.

There is no doubt in my mind that this will completely BLOW AWAY Guitar Hero 3 (and this is coming from someone who thought GH 1 and 2 were the best games in the last 4 years).

Yes, Raging Harmonix Fanboy about sums it up.

vitaflo

AniHawk said:
I don't think Rock Band will have the success of Guitar Hero. It's one thing to have everyone play an instrument, but then you have to make sure everyone has the same system you do.

Eh? Everyone is at your house playing the game, who cares what systems they have?

zsidane

Gigglepoo said:
You'd rather have covers? Are you insane or just crazy?
Oh shit! Does it mean than they are going to have the original bands ?? for example hangar 18 performed by Megadeth ?? Or Thunderstruck by AC/DC? Or Don't Damn Me by GN'R?
How can I be that stupid! :lol
Yeah I suck for not understanding this from the beginning... but I'm sure EA will stick with their kiddy rock that we already can find on NFS series...

Eggo

GameFan Alumnus
justchris said:
Ummm...you can all play on the same console. Just get 3 of your friends to go in with you on the game, that's $50 each. I mean, half my friends didn't own a GCN last generation, but we still played more cumulative hours of Smash Bros. than any game any of them owned for the PS2.

I don't know about this. While it makes sense to have 4 players on one console because of this suggested bundle, it sounds like a logistical nightmare. Are you going to have 4 people squinting at a Goldeneye-like splitscreen with 4 separate note charts? How is that going to work? Especially on an expert level, that's going to be hard to see. I always figured you would need 4 copies of the game and online play with no co-op, or maybe limit the co-op to you and 1 guest with dual splitscreen a la Guitar Hero.

Alpha_eX

I'm not looking forward to this on the Wii, I can't imagine using the remotes as drum sticks, first, not hitting something will be weird and the sensing in them isn't very good.

I'll be getting the next-gen version over the 'revolutionary' one.

Kewk

Banned
I don't understand why everyone is excited about the Wii version (unless you only have a Wii). It's not like the Wii is going to add additional functionality. The game is going to be consistent on all platforms. By picking the Wii you are picking the worst looking version.

Out of the 3 consoles I would get it on the 360 for the achievements alone.

Kewk

Banned
quadriplegicjon said:
i'll bet you 500 bucks that all three versions look relatively similar.

Not going to happen.

quadriplegicjon said:
oh. free online on the wii and ps3.

I'll /golf_Clap for sure if they manage to get MP working on Wii. I am still very skeptical on this.

zsidane said:
Oh shit! Does it mean than they are going to have the original bands ?? for example hangar 18 performed by Megadeth ?? Or Thunderstruck by AC/DC? Or Don't Damn Me by GN'R?
How can I be that stupid! :lol
Yeah I suck for not understanding this from the beginning... but I'm sure EA will stick with their kiddy rock that we already can find on NFS series...
I'm trying and trying but I just don't see how anyone can read "all about original artists" as anything other than "we're trying to get original artists, not cover bands".

Particle Physicist

between a quark and a baryon
Kewk said:
Not going to happen.

have you seen their games.. they can be done on the n64.

Kewk said:
I'll /golf_Clap for sure if they manage to get MP working on Wii. I am still very skeptical on this.

er.. so you are saying that they wont be able to get online working?

you do realize that there are online games for the wii already. right?

Gigglepoo

bune duggy said:
I'm trying and trying but I just don't see how anyone can read "all about original artists" as anything other than "we're trying to get original artists, not cover bands".

They aren't "trying." They are doing it. Remember, MTV is behind this. Not only will this have the big hits from the last 50 years, it will be done by the real band. If only there was a chance to get the Beatles...

Top Bottom