• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Ryu Hayabusa(DoA/Ninja Gaiden) and Kat (Gravity Rush) join PS All-Stars?

Mr. Fix

There is no excuse if they make the same mistake for 3rd party characters in the sequel (should it come out). I'm talking about the big 5 (Lara, Cloud, Snake, Crash and Spyro). They should at least make an effort to try and get some of them.

Personally, I was looking forward to seeing Snake and Big Daddy in the roster. And I really doubt that will ever happen, even in the sequel. Big Daddy will probably get the boot.

kuroshiki

So what is a sexy female character to you :d. I can most likely tell you if she is included or not ^^.

No

let's see. Let me give you few examples.

Let me tell you that few I mentioned here are exclusive to sony console, game mechanic wise makes more sense than fat princess, and I have no clue why superbot totally ignore them.

Karin Koenig from Shadow hearts 2
Kanon from Wild Arms 2 (bionic commando anyone)
Kos-mos from Xenosaga series (Bandai puts her everywhere, why not here?)
Selvaria or any Valkyria heroines. (duh)

Endo Punk

Hell, they changed Cole in inFAMOUS 2, but that didn't deter me from picking it up, and I'm glad, because inFAMOUS 2 kicks ass.

umm they changed him back which indeed resemble the original but better. That's how you improve a character model not ditching what made the original special, you build upon not destroy and build again

DmC could kick ass. But then again, I'm one of the guys that loved Heavenly Sword, so I don't have this hate boner for Ninja Theory like some of the people here on GAF appear to have. I think they're jackasses, but HS was really awesome. Short, but sweet. I only played the demo of Enslaved, but I'll get around to it eventually. I like to play games for myself, then decide if I like them or not. I'm also of the camp that will always give a developer the benefit of the doubt. Guerrilla Games comes to mind as a developer that had a promising first and second game, but didn't really come into their own until their 3rd and 4th titles, and have been improving ever since.

I'm not going to write off Ninja Theory just yet. And I'm not going to write off SuperBot with their first ever game, that's actually shaping up to be a lot of fun.

no you just have a regular boner for them.

ohlawd

let's see. Let me give you few examples.

Let me tell you that few I mentioned here are exclusive to sony console, game mechanic wise makes more sense than fat princess, and I have no clue why superbot totally ignore them.

Karin Koenig from Shadow hearts 2
Kanon from Wild Arms 2 (bionic commando anyone)
Kos-mos from Xenosaga series (Bandai puts her everywhere, why not here?)
Selvaria or any Valkyria heroines. (duh)

Maybe SuperBot did try and get these characters, we don't know for sure right?

Out of that, count me in for KOS-MOS and Selvaria.

kuroshiki

Maybe SuperBot did try and get these characters, we don't know for sure right?

Out of that, count me in for KOS-MOS and Selvaria.

If they put either of them I'm game.

But then again I don't think they care. They could easily get character from Sony owned IP (I mean they don't even have to negotiate, right?) yet didn't. So there you go.

But then again I don't think they care. They could easily get character from Sony owned IP (I mean they don't even have to negotiate, right?) yet didn't. So there you go.

I can tell you right now that none of the characters from your list will be in this game.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho

It's Sony Project/money and call I think, I doubt the poor bastards at Superbot even have a word on all of these obvious forced marketing characters (Big Daddy,New Dante,Revengeance Raiden..ect).

Mr. Fix

It's Sony Project/money and call, I doubt the poor bastards at Superbot even have a word on all of these obvious forced marketing characters (Big Daddy,New Dante,Revengeance Raiden..ect).

That's what I'm thinking. Can't hate on SuperBot for this.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
That's what I'm thinking. Can't hate on SuperBot for this.

Yeah,It's not their fault I think, but it's really sad, SSB was about pure nostalgia and old forgotten/loved old characters, BR is about Sony marketing third party games/characters.

SuperBot seems to really care about fan input, so I'm sure that if this is successful, they'll have more control with what they do and who they get.

kuroshiki

We couldn't even get Valkyria 3 outside Japan so... :/

Getting entire game and getting guest character are totally different thing. and this game is getting Japanese release also. That's why I don't fucking get it.

It's Sony Project/money and call I think, I doubt the poor bastards at Superbot even have a word on all of these obvious forced marketing characters (Big Daddy,New Dante,Revengeance Raiden..ect).

But they can surely work on Sony's own IP characters, and they are not even doing that, so I don't know. (shrug) They can easily save more spot with one less cole, you know. I wouldn't be surprised if someone at sucker punch is now working at superbot.

I can tell you right now that none of the characters from your list will be in this game.

I hope you are wrong, but yeah. It's alright, though. It's not like I'm dying to play the game in this current state.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
Yeah,It's not their fault I think, but it's really sad, SSB was about pure nostalgia and old forgotten/loved old characters, BR is about Sony marketing third party games/characters.

Out of 20 characters, 4 are third party. Come on, drop the hyperbole.

16 of the roster are of PlayStation characters, many of which are iconic to PlayStation fans.

The third party characters are certainly marketing, but then again, so are the first party. Crossover fighters in general are marketing. I don't get why this is being treated like a bad thing for PBR.

I had no fricking CLUE who Roy and Marth were in Melee. But I became interested in them after playing them in Melee. Is that not marketing? Was it not successful?

Don't try and pretend that Smash Bros isn't cashing in on nostalgia and utilizing marketing tactics as well. I just don't see it as a bad thing. I was pretty familiar with the majority of the Melee cast (like 95%, actually), but the few that I didn't know I became familiar with thanks to them being in the game.

The thing about PBR, is that most of the inclusions aren't unknown characters. It's Dante, Big Daddy, Heihachi, and Raiden. They can only help the game, when it comes to people that maybe aren't big on Ratchet, Drake, Sly, or Kratos. There were even a few people in the discussion thread that went out and bought the Jak, Ratchet, and Sly games because of their inclusion in this game. They came for some other character, and ended up learning about a new franchise, and became fans.

I think it's awesome. I love that crossover fighters have that potential to broaden people's gaming circle to new characters and games.

If Roy and Marth being in Melee led people to try Fire Emblem, is that a bad thing? I don't think so.

kat need to be on disc, this sausage fest of a game need more scej character and bishoujo. chara:p
for ryu i think Lu Bu or ayane much better choice for Tecmo Koei 3rd party character.

it's sad that superbot can't give more love toward SCEJ character in general (only 3or 4 if kat included) ,and ignoring the whole long list of sony first party jrpg.

i really wish superbot could include more SCEJ character. Unless there is another allstar project in the works by SCEJ.

some of scej stuff:
1KRwi.jpg

I-hate-u

Bar none, Kazuma and Wander are the biggest 2 remaing characters originated from JPN that should be in this game before anyone else

Mr. Fix

Out of 20 characters, 4 are third party. Come on, drop the hyperbole.

16 of the roster are of PlayStation characters, many of which are iconic to PlayStation fans.

The third party characters are certainly marketing, but then again, so are the first party. Crossover fighters in general are marketing. I don't get why this is being treated like a bad thing for PBR.

I had no fricking CLUE who Roy and Marth were in Melee. But I became interested in them after playing them in Melee. Is that not marketing? Was it not successful?

Don't try and pretend that Smash Bros isn't cashing in on nostalgia and utilizing marketing tactics as well. I just don't see it as a bad thing. I was pretty familiar with the majority of the Melee cast (like 95%, actually), but the few that I didn't know I became familiar with thanks to them being in the game.

The thing about PBR, is that most of the inclusions aren't unknown characters. It's Dante, Big Daddy, Heihachi, and Raiden. They can only help the game, when it comes to people that maybe aren't big on Ratchet, Drake, Sly, or Kratos. There were even a few people in the discussion thread that went out and bought the Jak, Ratchet, and Sly games because of their inclusion in this game. They came for some other character, and ended up learning about a new franchise, and became fans.

I think it's awesome. I love that crossover fighters have that potential to broaden people's gaming circle to new characters and games.

If Roy and Marth being in Melee led people to try Fire Emblem, is that a bad thing? I don't think so.

They didn't throw in Roy without throwing out Marth. I thought they threw those two in for the japanese release, and decided to keep them on there anyway for the NA release. Roy and Marth's game never came out here btw (save for a remake of FE1 which wasn't until years later).

Jigsaw

Banned
ryu was on 2 sony consoles long before the xbox came even out

i hope he is in so,just imagining izuna dropping fat princess LOL

I don't see the big fucking deal with this. He's in(Ryu) and that's that. People saying that this is a marketing game instead of fan service is BLIND to ALL the other characters in the game so far. So Jak & Daxter, Ratchet & Clank, Drake, Spike, Sir Daniel Fortesque, Toro, Sweet tooth, Sly cooper etc isn't enough fan service??

People didn't bitch and complain about Sonic and Snake being in Brawl but magically 4 out of 20 characters being third party is a big issue?

Heihachi even though is a third party owned character still is big to playstation. Dino/Dante not really but if his old costume is in then yea it'll literally be only two third party characters.

B.O.O.M

You really gonna tell Ryu that he can't be in a game?

He doesn't give a fuck son.

Izuna drops all over this bitch.

hahaha well done

Izuna drop is actually the first move I thought of when I heard about this. Izuna dropping Kratos or dante LOL

And in my personal view, he is an awesome character and is a great fit for a game of this nature...and I had a lot of games starring him on Playstation consoles. And that's all that really matters. Sometimes I feel like people need to take a step back, breath, and just enjoy the fucking games! Lol

Besides not like we are gonna be a MS ALl stars any time soon lol

Yawnier

Banned
Bar none, Kazuma and Wander are the biggest 2 remaing characters originated from JPN that should be in this game before anyone else

At this point, they would be my two most wanted characters that actually could have a decent chance of being in this.

TripOpt55

Kat would be awesome. I really hope she is in.

The third-party choices have been odd. I don't know how they exactly work out these deals between third-parties and Sony to get characters in the game, but they feel more like ads for upcoming games than the ideal characters for this game.

I really like the Sony roster so far though. I'm meh on Fat Princess though and having a second Cole. Otherwise I really like it. All my favorite Sony characters seem to have made it even if there are a few others I'd add if I could.

Were people mad that Nintendo used the Twilight Princess Link for Brawl.

OOT was better so they should have used that version. Amirite?

Seriously like it or not, the versions of the characters used here are simply the newest versions of them. Quit catching feelings over that. Raiden especially. You want pansy Raiden instead?

This Dino shit also needs to stop. You guys have a right to be pissed at Capcom for their nonsense but damn it looks sad at times. Get it over it at this point lol.

Man these threads are nothing but whining and complaining about the whiners (I'm guilty of that....lol).

kat need to be on disc, this sausage fest of a game need more scej character and bishoujo. chara:p
for ryu i think Lu Bu or ayane much better choice for Tecmo Koei 3rd party character.

it's sad that superbot can't give more love toward SCEJ character in general (only 3or 4 if kat included) ,and ignoring the whole long list of sony first party jrpg.

i really wish superbot could include more SCEJ character. Unless there is another allstar project in the works by SCEJ.

some of scej stuff:
1KRwi.jpg
They have Patapon and loco roco stages as well as Hot Shots Golf. Characters like Toro, Parappa, Spike/ape escape and probably Kat. This game is giving huge recognition to SCEJ

All it needs is to round it ur with some Team ICO love and it will be hitting all the necessary franchises. Maybe Demons Souls if possible

Most of the stuff in that picture I have no idea what it is, nor would most.

Kyon

Banned
Y'all are getting mad over Raiden and Dante who have new games coming out and are "new versions" of their original designs? Well I guess Dante isn't the REAL one but still. Idk how ya'll expect the real Dante to be in when this Dante has a game coming out two months after this game. I don't blame Capcom at all for letting them use this Dante. Same with Raiden. There are new games coming to promote and this was the best decision.

My hype just goes lower and lower every time this game gets more reveals. It just has too many humanoid sword fighter/gun dudes. Can we get some more craziness like controlling a group of Patapon dudes or Folklore summoner-type character.

Verendus

Banned
Kat, I understand.

But if Ryu is in, and Kazuma Kiryu isn't, it makes no sense. Let's be frank, no one honestly gives a shit about Ryu enough that it'll make a difference in sales. Therefore, even if Kiryu isn't mega popular in the West, it should be fine to include him over Ryu because his games are very popular in Japan. He's like the PS3's biggest exclusive character in Japan. I don't see why Sega wouldn't hand him over.

Scratch that, if new Dante, Big Daddy, and Ryu are in, and Kiryu isn't, it makes no sense. The man should be in this game.

And I'm still waiting for Wander.

Popparoks

I think Spyro and Crash should definitely be in it. No questions asked.

Anybody else think Laharl from Disgaea would be a cool idea? Or too animeeee?

Kat, I understand.

But if Ryu is in, and Kazuma Kiryu isn't, it makes no sense. Let's be frank, no one honestly gives a shit about Ryu enough that it'll make a difference in sales. Therefore, even if Kiryu isn't mega popular in the West, it should be fine to include him over Ryu because his games are very popular in Japan. He's like the PS3's biggest exclusive character in Japan. I don't see why Sega wouldn't hand him over.

Scratch that, if new Dante, Big Daddy, and Ryu are in, and Kiryu isn't, it makes no sense. The man should be in this game.

It's Ryu Fucking Hayabusa, bro.

I-hate-u

As far as I knw, Yakuza is one of the few franchises that stayed on PS after the generation jump. The least thing Sony can do is to add him to the roster

My hype just goes lower and lower every time this game gets more reveals. It just has too many humanoid sword fighter/gun dudes. Can we get some more craziness like controlling a group of Patapon dudes or Folklore summoner-type character.
Did you not see sackboy who was just revealed? Or spike from Ape Escape? Pretty crazy move sets

So far the only sword users officially revealed are Dante, Raiden and Sir Dan (who is hardly run if the mill humanoid). I guess you cold extend to Kratos and Nariko, but they use chains and are quite long ange so a bit different.

Kat, I understand.

Would kazuma play all that different to heihachi?

Verendus

Banned
This will be like the Montreal screwjob. I can see Kiryu's face now. Sacrificed in favour of Ryu, wondering what just happened, whilst Omar Kendall runs off with All Stars in his hands.

Verendus

Banned
Wasn't Sigma 1 and 2 exclusive to PS3?
Yakuza 1, 2, 3, 4, Kenzan, and Dead Souls were exclusive to PS2/PS3. Not to mention, the upcoming Yakuza 5. I'm just saying. That's a lot of loyalty and ass kicking Kiryu's done there.

Anyways, there is still time. I have hope for Wander/Kiryu. If Superbot were unable to even include them, then it's truly pathetic. Somehow, I doubt they're a Cloud/Sephiroth or Crash/Spyro like problem.

Yakuza 1, 2, 3, 4, Kenzan, and Dead Souls were exclusive to PS2/PS3. Not to mention, the upcoming Yakuza 5. I'm just saying. That's a lot of loyalty and ass kicking Kiryu's done there.

Anyways, there is still time. I have hope for Wander/Kiryu. If Superbot were unable to even include them, then it's truly pathetic. Somehow, I doubt they're a Cloud/Sephiroth or Crash/Spyro like problem.

How do you know this?

Kiryu is 3rd party after all...maybe Sega is being difficult?

and besides, it's not an either or thing here. No one got in over another character, it doesn't exactly work that way. Like Ryu isn't the last character to get in and they was like..Oh we gotta choose between these two for the last spot.

Ryu is pretty close to a Icon too (albeit he's probably known as that Ninja Dude or Ninja Gaiden). It's not like he's some obscure character from a decade ago.

and if it's all about how many games then why the fuck is PaRappa in? He only had one game.

Top Bottom