• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Ryu Hayabusa(DoA/Ninja Gaiden) and Kat (Gravity Rush) join PS All-Stars?

Akainu

3 NG games

DOA5

and Warriors Orochi.
Fair enough. I was thinking about games that were already out. Doa hardcore, sigma 1 and 2 forgot 3 even existed. Doa 5 isn't even out yet and warriors orcochi isn't even and doa ninja gaiden game.

Kiryu Kazuma definitely deserves a spot.

And as much as I love SotC what is Wander going to do? He can't fight for crap.

Fair enough. I was thinking about games that were already out. Doa extreme, sigma 1 and 2 forgot 3 even existed. Doa 5 isn't even out yet and warriors orcochi isn't even and doa ninja gaiden game.

I'm not saying he doesn't.

But if he doesn't get in...it's not Ryu's fault. I could see Sega picking someone else tho...just because.

Sega yo.

DR2K

Banned
Fair enough. I was thinking about games that were already out. Doa extreme, sigma 1 and 2 forgot 3 even existed. Doa 5 isn't even out yet and warriors orcochi isn't even and doa ninja gaiden game.

Yeah, but when you add a character it should be one that appeases as many people as possible. Hence the majority of niche characters are being ignored like red headed step children, they satisfly less.

I'd say most people reading your quote have no idea who the heck you're talking about.

kuroshiki

I'm not saying he doesn't.

But if he doesn't get in...it's not Ryu's fault. I could see Sega picking someone else tho...just because.

Sega yo.

I don't think Sega is interested. Sega might throw sonic in there though.

If Sega allows superbot to include Selvaria and she's in, I will be floored. to heaven.

Takao

Banned
I don't think Sega is interested. Sega might throw sonic in there though.

If Sega allows superbot to include Selvaria and she's in, I will be floored. to heaven.

SEGA should allow Kiryu in this game. More people will play this than any Yakuza game has sold in the west, and could be a great boom to that franchise's popularity. However, if SEGA has no interest in releasing Yakuza 5 in the west ...

kuroshiki

SEGA should allow Kiryu in this game. More people will play this than any Yakuza game has sold in the west, and could be a great boom to that franchise's popularity. However, if SEGA has no interest in releasing Yakuza 5 in the west ...

Don't jinx it. Just don't.

Tellaerin

While SSBB had Snake and Sonic, PSASBR should have Raiden and Tails

it's the only conclusion

The only conclusion I could draw from that would be, "Third-party publishers don't think this game deserves their top-line characters, only their sidekicks and also-rans." Which would suck, so I hope that's not the case.

I am amazed people are upset ryu is in the game, why is it a bad idea... and who says it HAS to be playstation characters to be in the game. Ryu is obviously a well known "game" character that has all if not most of his games on the playstation.

And as others have already said people can be excited for sonic or snake in smash but if you have ryu you should be furious? Don't understand.
Most of Snakes games aren't even on the system.

If anything though I don't see why they are including some of their choices but not others. I don't really care for big daddy even though its a pretty interesting charcter.. but I'd obviously get more charcters from the MGS franchise... as in

Ninja
Mantis
Liquid

etc etc

I guess konami should just make a MGS fighter actually, they have so many interesting characters and styles in that franchise it would be so easy.

KalBalboa

Banned
Kat would bring a pretty awesome newcomer to the mix, not to mention a first-party Vita female.

Ryu would mean that every significant third-person action game lead has made it in, making for some pretty great four-player matches between him, Kratos, Dante, and Nariko.

Bring 'em on.

I am amazed people are upset ryu is in the game, why is it a bad idea... and who says it HAS to be playstation characters to be in the game. Ryu is obviously a well known "game" character that has all if not most of his games on the playstation.

And as others have already said people can be excited for sonic or snake in smash but if you have ryu you should be furious? Don't understand.
You don't get it do you? When I play the game and I see Big Daddy or Ryu a giant Xbox icon forms in my mind and I can't see the screen anymore.

You think I can enjoy a game if I see a character that I played on a different platform? I played Bioshock on PS3 and these jokers... wait a minute.

KalBalboa

Banned
You don't get it do you? When I play the game and I see Big Daddy or Ryu a giant Xbox icon forms in my mind and I can't see the screen anymore.

You think I can enjoy a game if I see a character that I played on a different platform? I played Bioshock on PS3 and these jokers... wait a minute.

Did that diminish Smash Brothers for you, though? With Sonic & Snake, I mean.

As someone who's played Ryu & Big Daddy games only on PlayStation consoles, I don't really have any third party "conflicts."

SmithnCo

Personally, when I see Ryu, all I can see or feel is Steve Ballmer kneeing me in the groin repeatedly. Honestly it's very distracting. Patch this shit Superbot.

J-Tier

Personally, when I see Ryu, all I can see or feel is Steve Ballmer kneeing me in the groin repeatedly. Honestly it's very distracting. Patch this shit Superbot.

Whenever I see Ryu, I see furry bunny swimsuits.

I probably need to get that checked...

It's not gonna happen, and even if Sony asked for it, probably Capcom will say no, and also the fact that he is not a playstation hero, but Mega Man would be a great character to have in the game to get some buzz and some extra sales from starving Mega Man fans (like me).

Takao

Banned
It's not gonna happen, and even if Sony asked for it, probably Capcom will say no, and also the fact that he is not a playstation hero, but Mega Man would be a great character to have in the game to get some buzz and some extra sales from starving Mega Man fans (like me).

Volnutt is a PlayStation All-Star

in my heart.

SmithnCo

Volnutt is such a PS All Star that when he almost got a Nintendo exclusive, God had to intervene.

They have Patapon and loco roco stages as well as Hot Shots Golf. Characters like Toro, Parappa, Spike/ape escape and probably Kat. This game is giving huge recognition to SCEJ

All it needs is to round it ur with some Team ICO love and it will be hitting all the necessary franchises. Maybe Demons Souls if possible

Most of the stuff in that picture I have no idea what it is, nor would most.

3 character not really something i would call a huge recognition especially when fat princess and nariko could get character slot but not wild arms that have 6 games spanning on several gen, or patapon that have three game yet only appear as cameo/stage.

IrishNinja

i thought we were cool, Takaos

The roster is varied and I think it's overall pretty damn good. They've got characters from newer Sony IPs AND older Sony IPs. They have some interesting third party characters. The Katamari dude has to be in this game though. The Katamari games is Playstation through and through.

I am surprised they didn't use a Final Fantasy character yet. you'd think putting Cloud would make the sales rocket but hey I am just gamer and not a developer, what do I know ? :p

BTW yay KAT ! <3

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho

After that horrible abomination called Yakuza 4 I think the western gamers now just don't want any more Yakuza, it's sad that Yakuza 4 awfulness ruined the entire Yakuza series forever(also Dead Souls but that was a joke game)

Enjay

Banned
Huge WTF to Ryu Hayabusa being in this. Claude Speed would've made more sense. Not really looking forward to this anymore after seeing the roster and gameplay/strategy videos.

Edit: Why isn't Robbit in this?? An updated Jumping Flash could be huge.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Edit: Why isn't Robbit in this?? An updated Jumping Flash could be huge.

well apparently SCE hate their old IPs, there are many awesome games that died or got killed for no reason (Alundra,Dark Could,Ape Escape,PoPoLoCrois, Arc the Lad,Okage,Omega Boost,G-Police,Colony Wars,Drakan..and many more)

but instead of these Gaf favorite executive mr Shu Yoshida is happy to throw more crappy shooter/first person shooter and more and more Kratos at us, truly a great boss for SCEWWS.

This is because the recent "good" NG games, i.e. 1+2 were both on Xbox first. Their creator is a big supporter of Xbox and was known for hating on the PS3, etc etc. Those games are very much Xbox games, at least to the general census. Sure, they have versions with more stuff on PS3 now but those came after the fact.

The games that seriously popularized the franchise were exclusive on Playstation. The MGS series has helped establish the Playstation as a brand, it has been one of those key franchises that has become heavily associated with Playstation.

His inclusion is just a head scratching moment, because that means they thought of him before other awesome Sony icons like Rudy Roughknight from Wild Arms or Arc from Arc the Lad, or Dart from LoD.

I still stand by my statement from before - that Superbot should have taken another cue from Nintendo and just did an all Sony roster for the first game or two, until the franchise gets some legs. Then, when they have more clout, they can negotiate those awesome third party icons that everyone wants - not settling for lame cash ins that just bring relevance to Playstation in question.

I think the reaction to having all Sony characters, at least for now, would've gone much better than being like:

"HEY GAIZ WE GOT BIG DADDY! HE'S TOTALLY A PLAYSTATION ALL-STAR!"
"What about Crash?"
"...Uh, sorry guys. We can't afford him."
"Why is Big Daddy more of a Playstation All-Star than Crash? How could he ever be?"

See, if there's no third parties for now, there is no argument over who is more Playstation and who is not. Now we have lame third party cash ins over Sony icons that should be shoe-ins, and third party icons that helped build Playstation.

Jerk, I mentioned this to you in the other thread and I don't get a reply ;(

IrishNinja

takaos, we cool. a new challenger (re)appears.

After that horrible abomination called Yakuza 4 I think the western gamers now just don't want any more Yakuza, it's sad that Yakuza 4 awfulness ruined the entire Yakuza series forever(also Dead Souls but that was a joke game)

Yakuza 4 was 2011's GOTFY, you shut your dirty mouth and stop befouling every thread with this awful opinion! you are literally the last gaffer to think this madness, totos. 4 is the best since 2, you gots to deal. ugh.

original

Kat in the leaked Locoroco stage? Kudos to Coolbgdog12 for the pic.

Edit:perspective fixed.

Ryu ain't no damn PS mascot.

Sony making a mascot fighter was a bad idea.

It's a great idea, but Sony and third parties consider this as a marketing opportunity

Cloud, Sephiroth, Squall, Sir.Daniel, Solid Snake, Crash Bandicoot, Cortex, Spyro, Jak & Daxter, Ratchet & Clank, Kratos, Tombi, Sackboy, Sly Raccoon, Jill Valentine, Nemesis, Jin Kazama & Heihachi, Gabe Logan, Kazuma Kiryu, Tommy Vercetti, Nathan Drake, Nariko, Wanda, Raziel & Kain, Kat, Sora & Riku and the list could be longer...

kuroshiki

What the fuck are you talking about?

Yakuza 4 was great game after the abomination called Yakuza 3.

Top Bottom