• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Ryu Hayabusa(DoA/Ninja Gaiden) and Kat (Gravity Rush) join PS All-Stars?

I am amazed people are upset ryu is in the game, why is it a bad idea... and who says it HAS to be playstation characters to be in the game. Ryu is obviously a well known "game" character that has all if not most of his games on the playstation.

And as others have already said people can be excited for sonic or snake in smash but if you have ryu you should be furious? Don't understand.
Most of Snakes games aren't even on the system.
I think the problem people have is the number of 3rd party characters in this. Smash didn't start putting 3rd party characters in the roster until they had pretty much exhausted their own characters and, even then, we're talking about 2 among a cast of 39.

I think the problem people have is the number of 3rd party characters in this. Smash didn't start putting 3rd party characters in the roster until they had pretty much exhausted their own characters and, even then, we're talking about 2 among a cast of 39.

This game is going for different approach tho and totally making the roster with different mentality than Smash for example. They only go for 1 char per franchise for now (with the exeption of Cole who gets a slot for both of his personalities). For 3rd parties they have said only requirement is that they have appeared on Playstation and think they would be cool addition. Some people have way more ''purist'' ideas than the developers with Big Daddy and possible Ryu. In the end I don't think the masses care about characters being 1st or 3rd party. I for one don't ^^.

And its not like 4-5 is some overwhelming number with 16-17 1st party chars lol.

Kat in the leaked Locoroco stage? Kudos to Coolbgdog12 for the pic.

Edit:perspective fixed.

ibrSuTmxmlUP5x.gif

HEY COOLBGDOG12

YOU'RE A-OKAY IN MY BOOK

Lol I love it when threads get revived with new info and instead people pick up where the previous debate left off as if there wasn't even a 4 day delay in posts. Always found that humorous.

and YAY KAT!!!

After that horrible abomination called Yakuza 4 I think the western gamers now just don't want any more Yakuza, it's sad that Yakuza 4 awfulness ruined the entire Yakuza series forever(also Dead Souls but that was a joke game)

I share this opinion...

... in the mirror universe where I have a beard, that is!

Still, why is this a problem.

More characters the better.

ShdwDrake

Banned
I think it's really cool. My dream game would include Nintendo and Microsoft 1st party characters but seeing all these guys in one game is still awesome and about as close as we will ever get.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Is it just me or has this game had more leaks than any other? We knew about the game for nearly a year before it was announced and every character reveal has been leaked beforehand.

Is it just me or has this game had more leaks than any other? We knew about the game for nearly a year before it was announced and every character reveal has been leaked beforehand.

Every single character so far has been leaked before official announcement exept Good Cole lol. Also most other things too.

I think the only major thing they did keep a secret was the free Vita version.

SykoTech

Blurry pic. I'll pop the champagne once better proof is out there. Still, I'm pretty confident she's in.

The 1st part lineup is golden if so.

I am really happy Kat is in, it seems at least. She is one of my favorite new protagonists of this generation. If Hayabusa is in, I can do my ps2/xbox/early 360/ps3 dream match of Dante VS Kratos VS Hayabusa VS either Raiden or Nariko...really, all that is missing is Bayonetta.

Loona

Still, why is this a problem.

More characters the better.

It's not an actual problem, but it's weird when they want to promote the game as a gathering of PS icons, but that ends up including WrongDante, NotSnake and WeirderHairHeihachi instead of the more iconic (version of) characters for those franchises.

Spiderduff

I think at this point is safe to look at the game from this point of view: Playstation the system you will play it on All-Stars Character from any remotely famous video game franchise Battle Royale FIGHT!

Every single character so far has been leaked before official announcement exept Good Cole lol. Also most other things too.

I think the only major thing they did keep a secret was the free Vita version.

Nope, even Good Cole was leaked by his voice/mo-cap actor, Erik Laden, back in May.

I'm surprised Street Fighter or MK didn't get a rep.
Chun-Li and Scorpion being included have been jokingly talked about by their creators so maybe we can hope em for DLC or sequel lol. Or the impossible scenario where Superbot would have kept something secret but lets not get crazy.

Nope, even Good Cole was leaked by his voice/mo-cap actor, Erik Laden, back in May.
Oh man I forgot lol. Ok well every character has been leaked before reveal then :d. I shall fully expect Kat and Ryu at TGS then!

Edit: little off-topic but from the megathread:
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/367139/oddworld-inhabitants-wants-abe-playstation-all-stars-inclusion/
Oddworld Inhabitants wants Abe PlayStation All-Stars inclusion
"I was over at Sony America and they were definitely up for it, but the developer hasn't gotten back to us," Gilray told CVG.
If it was the case that Abe's potential inclusion had missed release deadline, said Gilray, then he'd still "absolutely be interested" in securing a DLC spot for the Oddworld hero.

Abe DLC? That would be pretty cool 3rd party. I remember playing the demo to death.

Is there any Final Fantasy characters in this game?

If there is they will be revealed at TGS. FF character has been very subtly hinted at. If not, then too bad. I can imagine Square being a bitch to work with. Also it would totally be Lightning over Cloud since she is ''face of Square''.

Not to mention she has a game to promote.
This too.

7Th

If there is they will be revealed at TGS. FF character has been very subtly hinted at. If not, then too bad. I can imagine Square being a bitch to work with. Also it would totally be Lightning over Cloud since she is ''face of Square''.

Not to mention she has a game to promote.

Tizoc

Why are these leaked images always so shit quality?
Nice to see that Kat's in if it's ture...now gimme a Vita Sale US PSN so I can finally play GR @3@

zlatko

Banned
I hope Kazuya and Jin are true.

I'll rock Kazuya fo sho! :D Although I'll probably end up maining Dante. he seems top tier.

They sort of are if you looks at toro's moveset.
How did I forget to mention this!
image.php

Toro has 3 stances: Tekken, Mortal Kombat and Street Fighter. His lvl 3 super is a joke version of Akumas raging demon move. You can spot a few in his character trailer.

I hope Kazuya and Jin are true.
Allready confirmed not to be in unless they have some minor cameo or something. Heihachi>>>other Mishimas any day ;). Only ones that have anythin on Heihachi are Paul and Yoshimitsu!

Mxrz

All for Kat, don't mind Ryu.

Lara is weird. SE owns her. Sony owns some bit of SE. But then Sony has always been bad managing their own stuff between divisions, let alone such stretch like that. The new Tomb Raider is probably the reason we won't have Lara Croft. That's pretty much another reason for me to dislike it to be honest.

Be shocked if there isn't some Final Fantasy character, but its starting to look that way. Maybe they don't want to be stuck with Lightning, Cloud or Mr. Compensation? It'd be really cool to get some other character for once, but there'd likely be a lot of people whining then.

Paul Gale

The story so far:
There has been few things pointing at these two before. A blurry picture was spotted before at Superbots FB page showing a new stage (later confirmed as the Ape Escape stage) and several blurry characters. There was one particular character that didn't quite match anything we knew before but some people were thinking it might be Kat from Gravity Rush. The picture is still way too blurry to really prove anything.

Later on Superbot was updating the official website of the game and for a few minutes it went online before it was supposed to. The page confirmed earlier leaks about Sackboy and Raiden being part of the roster but something more cryptic was also spotted:

The website had renders of Kazuya and Jin from Tekken and Ryu Hayabusa from NG/DoA. After an uproar about the game having 3 Tekken characters (Heihachi is confirmed playable character) Clockw0rk from Superbot informed that Heihachi and Kuma (part of Heihachis moveset) were the only Tekken characters in the game but he didn't comment on Ryu who didn't have any connections to the game prior to this.

Today our own fellow gaffer TheMink who is second most recognised leaker of this game (he pretty much predicted the characters that were included in the massive Beta leak. Luck or legit source? You decide!) after the much loved Paul Gale decided to fill us in with more info. He finally named 2 planned DLC characters he had been teasing before as Kat and Ryu. It is highly probable that if these are legit they will be revealed at TGS as Superbot has been hinting having more announcements there. While these two were seemingly planned as DLC there are a few things pointing that these could be changed being on-disc due to the massive beta leak and/or game being delayed till november. Kat being in is also supported by Paul Gale informing that there is an unrevealed female character in the roster.

TL;DR: Ryu and Kat could be in the game as DLC or on-disc.

Have at it!

Edit:lol

Edit2:lol somebody stop these leaks?

Regarding Edit2, are you sure you don't want any more?

Top Bottom