• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RUMOR: Sony E3 Conference Details Leaked: Uncharted, The Order, Guerrilla and more

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmpaul

Neo Member
221.gif

LuuKyK

Lol there is no way this is all getting announced in one coneference.

And evem more lol @ the sony will be watching ms conference to decide if they will include the quantic dream game in it. I mean, these presentations are not school seminaries they actually demand a lot like light, sound reharsal etc... Its not like they can include it in a matter of hours.

Lemondish

IIRC this is the same website that puts up a news post every time famousmortimer or thuway write a tweet.

In their defence, I find that extremely helpful. I like to know what insiders are sharing and dualshockers seems to be the only one that's willing to gather that and present it in a digestible form in one place. I'm keen enough to understand the disclaimers, but that doesn't make truthfacts any less interesting to read.

In the end, they're providing a pretty decent service by putting these insider ramblings into one location for my eager perusal. I don't think that's a bad thing. Its not like they ever present them as real news, just an article essentially summarizing recent insider musings that I wouldn't have otherwise known about. I thank them for that service with clicks.

Jachaos

Yeah... if this is true, wow. But there's no way it all is.

Edit : Actually, nothing bolded sounds impossible. I think that could happen. But no way all the rest of the list happens.

that info isn't as specifc as they claim it is. And the vast majority of this items are things that are likely to happen. I'm calling BS on any of it being from an actual source. A good portion of it is probably going to happen but they weren't told in advance

Lemondish

Even if this turns out to be some wish list, I still find it lacking.

Can you explain why? This seems to be essentially a massive wish list for what Sony fans have dreamed about for years. Except for Crash, Colony Wars, and Jak4, this is pretty much the messiah of wish lists, I think.

jmpaul

Neo Member
that info isn't as specifc as they claim it is. And the vast majority of this items are things that are likely to happen. I'm calling BS on any of it being from an actual source. A good portion of it is probably going to happen but they weren't told in advance

image.png

jschreier

In their defence, I find that extremely helpful. I like to know what insiders are sharing and dualshockers seems to be the only one that's willing to gather that and present it in a digestible form in one place. I'm keen enough to understand the disclaimers, but that doesn't make truthfacts any less interesting to read.

In the end, they're providing a pretty decent service by putting these insider ramblings into one location for my eager perusal. I don't think that's a bad thing. Its not like they ever present them as real news, just an article essentially summarizing recent insider ramblings that I wouldn't have otherwise known about.
That's fair! Sometimes it can be actively harmful, though--like when they helped spread famousmortimer's disparaging posts about Driveclub's director.

Regarding Syphon Filter, It is probably happening.

Remember some years back when God of War Ascension was leaked, so was a Syphon Filter title/reboot, we got Ascension, but Syphon Filter development probably shifted to the PS4.

So I believe Syphon Filter is happening.

My very first post on GAF very exited!

Some of them are going to happen like the obvious games that will be shown. But is E3 time and there are always many rumors that come at this time of year. Is best to keep your hype level low, to not overhype things and be disappointed. One things Yoshida said in past interviews was that he did not want to make the same mistake of announcing games two years before release. He wanted to announces games that would come out shortly after the announcement. Still one can dream that some of these rumors are true, it would be amazing but it just sounds too good to be true.

Look, seriously, I don't want to give this any credibility but.

Say the last guardian is still being worked on ( which Sony say it is ).

when do you expect it to be announced, and what time gap between announcement and release are you expecting? three years?

Lemondish

As someone previously mentioned, GAF is not a gaming press site.

Does that matters if the message is the same? I'd even argue that GAF being essentially an aggregator for gaming news is even more dangerous than a news site sharing highly disclaimer-ed insider tidbits. That's just me, though.

ClearData

That list is like a Playstation fan's fever dream. I doubt will see a quarter of it but if Last Guardian and Syphon Filter show up as surprises I will be a happy boy.

If I understand correctly, yes, I am Jason Paul with the twitter handle of @jmpaul

Cool!

Can I ask the obvious then?

Will Uncharted 4 be there? :p

EDIT: Obviously, I don't expect an affirmative or negative, but there's gotta be bonus points for a clever answer.

LuuKyK

Look, seriously, I don't want to give this any credibility but.

Say the last guardian is still being worked on ( which Sony say it is ).

when do you expect it to be announced, and what time gap between announcement and release are you expecting? three years?

If they do announce it this year, I expect it to launch in mid 2015.

Lemondish

If they do announce it this year, I expect it to launch in mid 2015.

Middle of the year...like Summer. Hmm...that's just what the leak said :p

Seems its a really well managed wish list that meets all our expectations even if the whole thing together seems kind of insane, eh?

Anyway, just to reiterate, anyone putting any weight in this list is ridiculous. I like Abriael a lot, so kinda bummed out when he posts Thuway or Tidux's Twitter stuff. It's pretty baseless.

Also, I'd be bloody disappointed if any of the E3 press conferences were 100% predictable. I suspect we'll be seeing titles we really don't expect from partners we didn't know existed.

GetemMa

So the source is saying that the following games will release this Fall.

The Order
Syphon Filter Reboot
The Last Guardian
Drive Club

Nope. I wish.

Edit: Lets play along and say this is real plus all the 2015 announcements, it would be the packed out amazing E3 stage show ever. That is why it's mostly bullshit.

E3 almost always disappoints.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom