• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RUMOR: Sony E3 Conference Details Leaked: Uncharted, The Order, Guerrilla and more

Status
Not open for further replies.

Endo Punk

This got BS written all over it. Basically "tell them what they want to hear so they wont question it",

Will Sony be showing off that open world Mario game as well?

Yep.. And Crash will come back, there will be cupcakes for everyone and those who are watching from stream will get free ps+ subscriptions.

My prediction for the next 10 pages.

SE7Q27E.gif

VS

eoaqesM.gif

It's faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaake

Love the DS9 reference :).

ElFly

Repackaged Gran Turismo 6 sounds nice, but...mid 2015? Really.

I blame not wanting to steal thunder from Driveclub :/

"They [Quantic Dream] are close to [a] deal to become a Worldwide Studios developer, along with Ready at Dawn"

Except Ready at Dawn isn't a WWS developer, they're second party, just like Quantic Dream.

That's the point, isn't it? Sony could buy them, just as they did Sucker Punch.

Radius

So...last year their only notable announcement was The Order and a bunch of indie titles and this year they choose to show big games from all studios and no indies? Highly unlikely. And I really doubt they'll show anything from SCEE's and SCEJ's studios other than Guerilla's next game - Gamescom and TGS are much better occasions to showcase their projects.

Now that I had a chance to sit back and digest a little, even if JUST the bolded parts were to happen, I'll be a happy camper.

BadWolf

Honestly, I think they've grown when they actually did DMC. Much better than their previous takes and I think can show the kind of talent they do have. However, since it's with Sony and not with Capcom anymore, it should be better :).

If Sony is reviving Heavenly Sword then Sony Santa Monica would be a much better choice than NT.

AdanVC

Too much "visuals are gonna be spectacular" going on on with those texts, like: "Ok calm down, we know PS4 can handle good graphics" but oh well. If this is true then it's gonna be a good E3 for Sony! 1 month to go!

falconbox

Banned
I don't care what people say. Until proven otherwise, I'm taking this (especially the bold parts) as likely going to happen.

People are screaming "fake" with nothing to back it up but their own random internet conjecture.

Rembrandt

Banned
I think its been close to a decade in a major non-Agent teaser capacity.(the last time I recall they were taking meetings in a bus outside of the convetion center.

These rumors sound cool, but I'm doubtful given the tidbits regarding Wipeout and HEavenly Sword.

That's what I was thinking, so this definitely seems fake. Would be great if true, though. I liked Heavenly Sword and a new Syphon Filter would be cool.

The stuff listed consists of a lot of empty fluff, boring concrete. For example the Guerilla game. No name, no details, nothing actually pointing towards an genuine insider. Just that it has graphics and is an RPG. Which we already knew.

Super fake.

everything mentioned above should be taken with the skepticism usually reserved to rumors, but much of it is so specific that it’s hard to completely disbelieve it
Specificity should not be the metric of how believable a rumor is.

Come on Dualshockers.

I don't care what people say. Until proven otherwise, I'm taking this (especially the bold parts) as likely going to happen.

People are screaming "fake" with nothing to back it up but their own random internet conjecture.
Are you familiar with the term 'burden of proof'?

wapplew

It's a wish list but not impossible list.
None of those are third party exclusive, Sony can do it if they got the will and fund, it's their IP after all.

On one hand I hope this is fake because I don't want the conference spoiled.

On the other, that sounds so perfect. Can't wait for E3!

This a 100x! It's really a double edged sword. Hell yes but also "DAMMIT! I spoiled it for myself," because there are some really cool reveals in this E3 if it is true.

This quote "Sony will be watching Microsoft's presser earlier in the day to gauge whether additional titles will need to be slotted in to dampen hype." gives this away as fake.

BBH PR firm, Last Guardian -> I smell disinformation, or a litmus test here.

Hyped if real.

I do believe in Rockstar coming on stage - both Sony & Microsoft are looking for shock value ... it would be feasible (nextgen version of GTAV) despite Rockstar history with E3.

Dude, don't get suckered into believing it even might be real. You're entering a world of pain if you do.

But new Wipeout. That's what I've wanted for almost the past 6 years.

New Wipeout, on a mainline console. Even if it's a sliver of hope that is based on less than reliable sources, I'll damn well take it.

New Wipeout!

slider

Somewhere deep down a infinitesimal part of me is hoping this is true. But adult, rational me says no fucking way.

All this stuff seems plausible, but also seems like something that's easy to guess, so it could just be someone trying to make something believable.

The thing that really sticks out to me is The Last Guardian possibly being a winter 2014 game. If it was that far along in development I would think they would have had something to show on it at an earlier time given the demand for this game. I dunno. Maybe they want it for E3 just to get the biggest hype train behind it that they can, but it just feels off.

Either way, I reeeally do hope we see The Last Guardian at E3. I've been waiting for that game for far too long!

hawk2025

We don't have to back up the dreams of 12 year old boys, they are the ones that have to provide evidence that it's true if a ridiculous list like this is to be believed.

Think about it, how can you fit all of this in one conference?

How come there's NO mention of any indie games?

Why do all the new games have the same vague description of how it "looks"?

Whoever wrote this spliced their own imagination with other, previously known and more likely rumors to give it more credibility. That doesn't make it double sourced, it just means that they read GAF.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom