• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor - TES V Skyrim Definitive Edition out on november 23th

i've never really had a super capable PC, and don't really have the kind of money to do so alongside console gaming, so this excites me.

i had Skyrim on PS3 and me and my wife sunk a lot of hours into it, but eventually the crashing and bugs were just too much. at one point my wife couldn't continue any of the quests she had, because as soon as her character touched water the game crashed. (doesn't matter where the water was, and none of the "fixes" we found online worked, so she had to quit)

my only concerns are performance. pretty graphics are nice, but i'd really like it to at least run at a rock solid 30fps. now that the PS4 has plenty more memory than the PS3, this will hopefully alleviate a lot of the problems.

This better be a crazy overhaul. The base game is janky as hell and looks like shit even maxed out on a PC. Just upping the resolution isn't enough for me to bite.

People expecting a big overhaul or changes to the combat are going to be disappointed imo, hope I am wrong but it's bethesda. Skyrim was janky as shit at release, by 2016 standards it's even worse.

I'll wait a while to see how this runs and then I might get it. Might is the key word here. I still haven't played The Witcher 3, let alone it's expansions so if I'm going to play a fantasy rpg, I should probably play that, right?

I don't know why people are expecting big upgrades. It'll be Skyrim, probably with all the DLC, it'll look a bit worse than Fallout 3 currently does, it'll be a shaky 30FPS at best, and it'll probably still have that glitch where the dragons fly around backwards. $60.

TES V: Skyrim: The PC version

Hope I'm wrong and they improve a lot of things

I'm waiting till E3 now to see whether they do. Itching to pull the trigger on Skyrim on PC. Could never get into it on 360 but I'm in a GoT buzz atm and something like Skyrim would be nice.

SamNW

I'm excited for Skyrim Remastered. I had a lot of fun with that game, but never got around to any of the DLC. Will wait for a sale, though.

People forget that there was never a truly competent PS3 version, it was actual garbage that continually fucked the game as the save file got larger. For many Playstation-only players this could be a chance to finally enjoy a competent Skyrim, providing it's a good remaster.

Not saying I'm on board with it as I'm not much of a Bethesda RPG fan, but that alone is certainly worth it existing.

It will be required to have a NEO version on disk. So it better! :D

I'm down day 1. Any real upgrade is worth it to me.. Mod support baked in PLEASE!!
Eh, I don't think the NEO will add anything to Skyrim that the PS4 couldn't add already. The game is like 5 years old. I'm looking for developer improvements, new textures, improved AI and improved gameplay, maybe added quests or a preview of the next elder scrolls systems.

CrayToes

I'm confident that this will be a fairly lazy upgrade. In which case £40 is downright offensive.

Would love to be wrong though.

E92 M3

I'm confident that this will be a fairly lazy upgrade. In which case £40 is downright offensive.

Would love to be wrong though.

I will bet against a lazy upgrade. Way too much time has passed and they know fans have been clamoring for more Skyrim.

I couldn't get into it the first time round. Partly related to the PS3's performance issues I'm sure. I look forward to giving it another shot.

S

Steve.1981

Unconfirmed Member
C'mon man, I've already spent at least 1000 hours into Skyrim. I want TES 6. Not more ESO, definitely not a remaster. :/

You will get TES 6. But you were never getting it until about 2018 at the very earliest (and I expect that's too early) anyway.

True Fire

I wonder if this will have mandated Neo support? I can see it looking equivalent to Skyrim on PCs, minus ENBs and probably 60fps.

D

Deleted member 98878

Unconfirmed Member
Can't really think of anything that could make me want to buy this as a owner of the Skyrim PC-version.

Rellik

I don't know why people are expecting big upgrades. It'll be Skyrim, probably with all the DLC, it'll look a bit worse than Fallout 3 currently does, it'll be a shaky 30FPS at best, and it'll probably still have that glitch where the dragons fly around backwards. $60.

I hope not!!!!

I know you meant 4 lol

I don' get it either it will be exactly skyrim as it was with higher res, framerate and minor tweaks. Like every other remaster.

This is less likely to happen than a Morrowind remake.

But to be honest that is pretty terrible. I mean Fallout 4 has its moments but overall it just looks dated as hell. Surely they can't come with those kind of graphics or slightly improved in 2018 or later? I mean how much more juice can you get out of this engine?

OVDRobo

Interested, but skeptic.

Bethesda have proven time and again that their technical incompetence is above and beyond that of most other developers. Having experienced it first-hand by being burned with the PS3 version of Skyrim, I really don't want to give them more money for this game.

If they really knock it out of the park (by their standards) and give an experience rivalling just the vanilla PC version, I'll pick it up - maybe after a price drop.

Knowing Bethesda though, it'll barely be able to hold 30FPS @ 1080p and probably introduce several new bugs over older versions.

I don' get it either it will be exactly skyrim as it was with higher res, framerate and minor tweaks. Like every other remaster.

Yeah I guess we shouldn't expect Fallout 4 character models for the remaster of Skyrim, because if that's the case it would mean they have redone Skyrim completely graphically and that's not gonna happen. The news last year about them porting Skyrim to Xbox One should say enough.

E92 M3

Yeah I guess we shouldn't expect Fallout 4 character models for the remaster of Skyrim, because if that's the case it would mean they have redone Skyrim completely graphically and that's not gonna happen. The news last year about them porting Skyrim to Xbox One should say enough.

I found Skyrim beautiful on the 360, so anything else is gravy.

But will it still have my favourite glitch, the one where dragons appear as a textureless mass of blocks?

Patrick S.

Banned
This better be a crazy overhaul. The base game is janky as hell and looks like shit even maxed out on a PC. Just upping the resolution isn't enough for me to bite.

What? When I first saw Skyrim I found it breathtaking. It's a beatiful game. The graphics engine may not be the hottest thing now, but the art design in Skyrim is incredible. It's awesome to climb up a mountain when the sun is setting and look to the horizon while there is a snowstorm going on around you.

Hoo-doo

Banned
People expecting a big overhaul or changes to the combat are going to be disappointed imo, hope I am wrong but it's bethesda. Skyrim was janky as shit at release, by 2016 standards it's even worse.

Yeah, after the pile of shit that was Fallout 4 i'm not sure why I would even hold out hope.

Before Skyrim got announced I was fucking screaming at the heavens for Bethesda to finally use a new engine for a new TES and not just bolted on stuff with a Gamebryo core. But they apparently don't give a shit as their games print money anyway.

Bluth54

I'm waiting till E3 now to see whether they do. Itching to pull the trigger on Skyrim on PC. Could never get into it on 360 but I'm in a GoT buzz atm and something like Skyrim would be nice.
You'll probably be able to get Skyrim plus all DLC for super cheap during the Steam sale in a couple of weeks. Even if it gets a graphical remake it's unlike it will look as good as a modded PC version.

Bethesda remasters SUCK, so I'm not expecting anything out of it. It will probably be like Dishonored, with it's 30fps cap and same-y last gen "no effort" look.

nortonff

Hi, I'm nortonff. I spend my life going into threads to say that I don't care about the topic of the thread. It's a really good use of my time.
Bethesda remasters SUCK, so I'm not expecting anything out of it. It will probably be like Dishonored, with it's 30fps cap and same-y last gen "no effort" look.

I think Bethesda will probably handle themselves this remaster.

Top Bottom