• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

(Rumor) VGLeaks: Final Fantasy VII Remake releasing in 2017 and coming to PC in 2018

Haha, did you guys not see how long it took them to make FFXV?

They aren't making a new engine for FFVII, they have Cyberconnect doing grunt work, they don't have to write a new story and build a new world and they are doing episodic releases. 2017 sounds pretty reasonable for Part 1.
Also FFXV started development in 2012, rebooting the development of Versus pretty much from scratch, 4-5 years for a huge openworld RPG is pretty normal these days. If I remember correctly FFVII started development in mid 2014, so a late 2017 release would mean 3 and a half years for part 1.

Preorders will also include a brand new remake of FFT supervised by Matsuno in full 3D with a new battle system inspired by Valkyria. The remake is developed by the FFXIV team and Akihiko Yoshida will do new HD artwork for all the character portraits. Matsuno will direct a sequel to FFT in the same engine, and it will be available free to everyone who preordered the collection.
Damn 2017 gon be LIT!!!!

More at http://vgleaks.com/final-fantasy-30th-anniversary-roadmap

Final Fantasy 30th Anniversary Collection.
This compilation will include Final Fantasy I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII and IX and it will be released on PS4 and PS Vita in a single disc/card.

Vo60V.gif

If this is true it's the game I've been waiting for..... FINALLY!!!!!

TuXx

FF7 R releasing this soon is not a good sign. These episodes are gonna be Telltale levels of short.

Forkball

They are selling old Final Fantasy games for like $15 a pop. No way they would shove nine of them on a single $60 disc.

It seems like a pipe dream, but this isn't the first time that I've heard that SE want to release all previous FF games for the PS4, and there was a little bit in the FFIX PC release which mentioned a Vita port. Although the whole collection being on a single cart is a little dubious.

I hope it's true. I'd buy everything on that list. Yes, including the XIII trilogy.

Pooya

yeah... I believe it when I see it.

amusing that they have access to all this information in one place. ok whatever...

All these rumors sound insane and impossible but if they're true, sign me up. I would even welcome the XIII trilogy on PS4. I enjoyed the first two and have been meaning to play them again and I've never finished Lightning Returns.

But as long as I get XII, I'll be happy.

Why shocked , at this point with all them teases its all but confirmed ... especially when steam is slowly starting to be ultimate FF platform currently missing only the ones teased in first post
I just remember (though I could be misremembering) someone from Square saying a PC port wouldn't be possible due to the nature of the engine and that's why a PC version wasn't available at launch

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see it come
to the PC

I just remember (though I could be misremembering) someone from Square saying a PC port wouldn't be possible due to the nature of the engine and that's why a PC version wasn't available at launch

to the PC

The only reason a PC version isn't available at launch is marketing wise. The engine runs on PC first and foremost and is meant for DX11.
And no, it's not the same as "all games are developped on PC". It's more like "This game is developped FOR high end PC".

pbayne

Ill take it with a pinch of salt.

Surprised Crises Core isn't mentioned anywhere. I assume its still a licensing nightmare or something but it would be the perfect remake to hype up FF7R.

Heartfyre

That they go through all their supposed Final Fantasy releases in the coming year and forget to mention Stormblood tells me this is fake.

Mifec

All I want is Final Fantasy Tactics on PC and the inevitable Long War mod.

The best version of tactics is 1.3 and it's on PC.

to the PC

Game was made with high end PC assets then had to be scaled down.

There's like a 90% chance they still haven't even decided how the combat is going to work in FFVII. I'm very doubtful this comes out in 2017

What do you think they've been doing for the last three years if they haven't worked out how combat will work?

Please be sarcasm, especially since we saw gameplay prototype last year

The only reason a PC version isn't available at launch is marketing wise. The engine runs on PC first and foremost and is meant for DX11.
And no, it's not the same as "all games are developped on PC". It's more like "This game is developped FOR high end PC".
the game director seems to think otherwise

https://www.engadget.com/2016/03/30/final-fantasy-xv-release-date-anime-movie-pc/

Game was made with high end PC assets then had to be scaled down.
assets aren't platform exclusive, or even indicative of the lead platform

Haha, did you guys not see how long it took them to make FFXV?

I wish people would stop using this as an example. That game went through development hell, with the whole project essentially being canned and rebooted a few years ago, not to the mention alongside the development of a new engine.

FFVII Remake is being outsourced and developed in Unreal Engine 4. It will not go through the same trouble as FFXV unless CC2 is grossly incompetent.

FF7 R releasing this soon is not a good sign. These episodes are gonna be Telltale levels of short.

No.

Joey Ravn

Banned
Now I'm getting buyers remorse. I bought FFXV last Saturday, but I don't plan on playing it until I get caught up with the franchise. I'm still missing VII through Lightning Returns. That should be plenty of time for FFXV to come out on PC.

Should I return the game? :O

Now I'm getting buyers remorse. I bought FFXV last Saturday, but I don't plan on playing it until I get caught up with the franchise. I'm still missing VII through Lightning Returns. That should be plenty of time for FFXV to come out on PC.

We have no clue when the PC version is dropping. And it'll most likely be full price.

Rymuth

Not sure how I feel about the compilation (if true)

Would like VIII and IX to receive the same QoL treatment as VII (trophies, fast forwarding, etc)

Chumley

Banned
XIII PC is 60fps, right? Or is it capped at 30 because of the game code like with FFX?

to the PC

It was made with dx11 on PC, the port is 100 percent coming and even with the DLC stuff I'm still betting on end of the year 2017.

If you bought it, might as well play it since this rumor isn't accurate.

The game won't be out next year so having buyers remorse is weird :p

pislit

The best version of tactics is 1.3 and it's on PC.

HOW DID I MISS THIS?

Now that (even if this is a rumor, let's just say that this is true) we got Final Fantasy for the 1 millionth time, is it time for the Ogre franchise ports on current-gen hardware?

Who am I kidding. lol.

Joey Ravn

Banned
If you bought it, might as well play it since this rumor isn't accurate.

The game won't be out next year so having buyers remorse is weird :p

That's the thing. I'm probably not going to play it until at least mid-2017. I only got it because I had so much in-store credit that they gave it to me for free!

They are selling old Final Fantasy games for like $15 a pop. No way they would shove nine of them on a single $60 disc.

SE already released an FF1-to-13 compilation before. It cost over $350.

OCs0fUd.jpg

It was a "limited edition" type of thing though and wasn't a single disc.

Velurian

Not that think that it will actually happen, but in theory this is possible - right?

I mean all the older FF games already have gamepad supporting PC versions in steam.
So porting them over should be relatively easy.

FF7 remake is not even a funny topic anymore, so god knows, but lets assume for a second that it is a standalone project and has dedicated resources so just maybe it happens to finish in 2017. Also they only talk about 1st episode, so maybe its 2-3 hour story segment of the final thing.

no?

MilkBeard

FFT on steam? Weird. Steam gets weird stuff sometimes, though. So maybe.

FFT on steam is not weird, considering it is one of the best Final Fantasy games ever made. It's been too long in the wait (imo).

However, this overall rumor reeks of BS.

patapuf

The rumor says you can play the newest versions of I-VI, or the original NES and SNES versions.

As if square would do a new port of all these and then release them in a single package when they've perfectly content selling the mobile ports piece by piece.

Toghether with all the other stuff, i really doubt this rumor is true.

Auctopus

Final Fantasy 30th Anniversary Collection.
This compilation will include Final Fantasy I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII and IX and it will be released on PS4 and PS Vita in a single disc/card.

Lol, didn't they repeatedly delay the FFVII PC Port on PS4? However, they've somehow managed to port the entire sub-HD series in time for the 30th Anniversary.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Reminds me that the 25th anniversary wasn't that... eventful. We only got Theatrhythm for the year, yeah?

BigEmil

I wonder if they will do a physical disc version of that whole FF collection for PC.
Worthy to own

Top Bottom