RUMOUR: Potential Pokémon GO footage.

So, I just got sent this. I'm investigating but this is a bit out of my wheelhouse.

It seems at SXSW in Austin Texas today, Niantic Labs CEO, John Hanke had a panel called "The Future of AR Is Already in Your Pocket" and it seems that it may have had some Pokémon GO stuff in.

I got e-mailed and tweeted this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHgCmnVvfTI

It does sound like John Hanke, but I'm still uncertain. Any help sorting authenticity would be appreciated.

Edit: Another angle found on Twitter from someone who was there https://twitter.com/TomWoodhead/status/711307513145102336

Oct 20, 2011
ASH used
POKé BALL!

It's not very
effective...

Would you like
to purchase a
GREAT POKé BALL
for just $0.99 USD?

Apr 6, 2015
No idea what else people were expecting. Having played Ingress, this still seems like it will be awesome. Pretty neat too that you have to actually aim when throwing your Pokeball.

I just hope they don't blow it with the battle and faction systems.

Dec 5, 2008
Argentina
I guess only Ingress players knew how Pokémon Go could potentially look. I've been playing for over 3 years, and yes, this sides up with what I hoped. Actually, I thought it would automatically take picture with the camera and use it as background, but the gameplay itself would be extremely simple, as everything Pokémon.

Dec 11, 2013
Exactly how I thought it was going to be as far as catching goes.

No way are they going to make people run around town and miss Pokemon.

They're going to make it easy to catch/with IAPS.

Looks like they have stats and crystals though, so I'm guessing you can "battle" friends, but it'll be really simple. Like a numbers game and not actual Pokemon battle.

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
Aug 4, 2004
Can't wait for this to become Nintendo's biggest source of revenue so all the haters can spend years wondering how it all went wrong.

Exactly how I thought it was going to be as far as catching goes.

No way are they going to make people run around town and miss Pokemon.
That's the whole point, going around to real places to find where Pokemon live.