Rumour: PS4 Slim leaked ?

Audioboxer

May 11, 2010
UK
Cheers Jason amd Kotaku for not crediting me or Neogaf for the leak...
What did you expect? "Journalists" read GAF, copy/paste onto their site and then cite "sources". Gotta get those clicks.

Can't be giving the game away that their viewers could cut them out altogether by just visiting GAF.

KingBroly

Banned
Mar 18, 2015
I'm assuming that the £300 asking price will be including a decent markup from the final RRP? I know you can get PS4s new for closer to £250 that £300 now so I'm wondering what the launch price of this will be.
I'm assuming whatever the price is now. This doesn't appear to be any smaller, so the packaging/shipping should still be the same. The design process is different, but probably not enough at this point to warrant a cheaper price.

mangochutney

May 20, 2013
if it is real then whoever designed it put the buttons in the worst place. Looks fake, IMO.
"It is too easy to press the buttons and work out which is which!", said the PS4 customer.

"Well... I'll show you then!", said the designer.

I agree, they look awkward.

topplehat

Apr 9, 2012
It's cool that it's smaller but it's pretty ugly. Hope it's quieter at least.

Also would be hilarious if they made it smaller by making the PSU extenal.

Caayn

Mar 10, 2013
The Netherlands
Boot it up! Let's see the display settings (to check for UHD, HDR, etc.)

Got any relevant pics from the manual?
Oh yes, this please. Also please measure the dimensions :)
Power it on l wanna see where the light is or have they got rid?
Hope they kept it and made it customizable this time, that would be awesome.

Maybe the PS logo lights up instead of it having a light strip.

mollipen

Oct 7, 2005
Silent Hill
morningproject.com
Don't know what people are seeing that are calling it ugly. It looks like a slicker ps4. It would probably blend in more in a home entertainment setup and would stick out less. Love the all matte look.
I don't hate the look, but it's super boring in comparison to the original PS4, which had a kind of "retro future" design style to it. I ended up liking the PS3 Slim much more than the OG PS3, but it had a "here's the model we want to make cheap and in bulk" kind of design to it, where as the PS3 has craft and flair put into how it looked. Ugly craft + flair, but hey.

The PS4 is one of the few systems I actually don't mind having out and visible, because it's such a neat yet understated design. It could be a game console, but it could also be some weird near-future contraption that does god knows what.

Plus, I mean, with the HDD bay cover, you can do things like this, which boring old PS4 Slim never will!

What did you expect? "Journalists" read GAF, copy/paste onto their site and then cite "sources". Gotta get those clicks.
You source where the content came from. If a game goes up on Amazon when it isn't supposed to have and NeoGAF picks it up, Amazon is the source. But you're also supposed to credit the means through which you found it, which people (including the place I work) do do. We've credited GAF countless times.

And, to be fair to Polygon, they specifically state that they got the photos from the seller in the story (which I initially missed when reading it). The guy no doubt simply sent over the same photos he'd already taken.

Jun 5, 2013
would honestly go a lot better with my other boxes. mac mini and sky q box both have rounded edged. ps4 sticks out like a sore thumb