• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RuPaul's Drag Race Season 9 |OT| The Largest Cross-Dressing Convention of All Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Charlie's lipsynch was truly shocking to me. Hard to watch and easiest decision ever.

Rayis

The first 2 episodes of the season were pretty disappointing tbh but this one made up for it, it kept me intrigued and want to watch how it all develops, the drama is giving me earlier season teas.

What's up with Charlie exiting the werkroom in a bathrobe? lol

Koomaster

I thought she was just waiting to just shock us halfway through the song with something no one expected from her... And then nothing happened.
Same! I was waiting for it to; like start strippin' rip the wig off, cartwheel all over the runway, something! Like seriously what was that lipsync? C'mon move around the stage, shake that ass, anything. Considering she was standing there like a corpse could have at least did a death drop.

Should have just walked backstage before it was even over if all she was going to do was stand there. Would have at least shown she was still alive.

Same! I was waiting for it to; like start strippin' rip the wig off, cartwheel all over the runway, something! Like seriously what was that lipsync? C'mon move around the stage, shake that ass, anything. Considering she was standing there like a corpse could have at least did a death drop.

Should have just walked backstage before it was even over if all she was going to do was stand there. Would have at least shown she was still alive.
She literally didn't even care.

Really disrespectful and embarrassing though.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
The only reason I became hyped for Aja is this video. 3:45 is and onward is deadly.

https://youtu.be/fQT6Hl1lYRY

Her lipsync on the show though was... Not her best. Just felt samey.

Watch UnReal for more of the hot guest judge.
Truth. Great show. Although he tones down his sex appeal in that one. I mean last night I had to pick up my jaw every time the BF looked at me.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
Ugh, Sasha comparable to Nina? Please. She's closer to Ongina.

Also, in this comparison, is Valentina Rebecca Glasscock?

And okay with Shea snatching the win.

Charlie
giphy.gif

Lol was gonna post this! Charlie.... GURL

kirblar

Had Charlie gone for the explicit reference w/ the hip movement it would have been hilarious and a retroactively iconic moment as people later "got" the joke. But she didn't.

royalan

I dunno...Valentina is giving me more Tyra Sanchez vibes by the episode, only swap out Tyra's annoying disregard for the other girls with Valentina's much less confrontational disregard for the other girls.

Both girls slayed the runway and challenges while making the other girls almost comically insecure. It's even funnier with Valentina because you could at least argue that Tyra's attitude made her a target. Valentina is doing literally nothing. lol

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
I dunno...Valentina is giving me more Tyra Sanchez vibes by the episode, only swap out Tyra's annoying disregard for the other girls with Valentina's much less confrontational disregard for the other girls.

Both girls slayed the runway and challenges while making the other girls almost comically insecure. It's even funnier with Valentina because you could at least argue that Tyra's attitude made her a target. Valentina is doing literally nothing. lol
Kind of hilarious how insecure they get with her, especially because they can only bring themselves to clock her lack of experience and nothing else.

kirblar

Kind of hilarious how insecure they get with her, especially because they can only bring themselves to clock her lack of experience and nothing else.
That "10 months" drop was such an incredible piece of psychological warfare.

amaretto

Bummed Charlie's gone but she was a major disappointment apart from the runway (btw, Charlie has been like... top 3, for me, every episode solely based on runways).

Glad we're getting some claws coming out after the borefest that was S8.

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
Full Runway is up- http://www.logotv.com/video-clips/vo...orning-bitches

They really just need to go to 90 minute shows until they're down to a manageable number of contestants. The non-elim first ep was a great idea, but they're still totally not able to fit enough into the show right now. Having a 90-minute ep + 30m UT would let them increase the budget (due to getting paid for more airtime, and you can totally do a 60-m edit for international markets.
That was pretty good. I've been thinking that they should increase the time since s6...

After watching Untucked and seeing this week's Runway, I really hope Nina slims down the padding. It's both breaking the illusion because and making it impossible for her to sit down!
Boothisman.gif

it really is sad charlie's gone because she would've slayed snatch game and her runways were amazing but honestly if she's going to have that attitude and not put the effort in she has nobody to blame but herself

Monocle

Damn, Trinity turned it out.

Watching queens like Charlie win a highly exclusive slot on RPDR only to turn around and go, "I don't sew" or "I don't lip sync" at the first hint of hardship doesn't sit right with me at all. It's flat out disrespectful to bring anything less than your best effort to an opportunity that thousands of your peers would kill to take part in.

If you lack a skill that's absolutely fundamental to the theme of the show, either make up for it with creativity and passion, or just stay home.

I enjoyed Charlie up until this episode, but what a waste of everyone's time. Resignation is not a good look.

After watching Untucked and seeing this week's Runway, I really hope Nina slims down the padding. It's both breaking the illusion because and making it impossible for her to sit down!
She used an extreme hip silhouette to balance the hefty tatas. It's good design. It worked.

Maledict

So apparently she had a rboken rib during the lip sync? We thought it was those ridiculous shoes she was wearing...

Might go see her in a week and see what she says about it, she's playing at the RVT.

Gradon

Unrelated to Season 9 but I'm seeing Willam tonight, can't wait. 😬

Saw her before with the other two AAA Girls and she was hilarious.

Adaren

Even with the cracked rib (which definitely sucks) she could have swapped out her heels at least moved around her corner of stage a bit. Shame to see her defeatism cause her to completely give up on being entertaining.

Besides Charlie's lipsync, I loved the episode, awkward main challenge and all.

Scribble

I dunno, I thought Valentina was the 'star' from the first time I saw her. She's like a villain who could kill you with her sweetness?

I've always liked Shea because of her frequent guest appearances on the Feast of Fun podcast, but there's just something that just doesn't click. I feel this about the entire cast actually. Something doesn't add up. Maybe the whole formula is tired.

Edit: I still enjoy the show overall. Seeing gay guys in their element, etc.

Rayis

I just think the show needs to be better edited, it needs to allow the queens to express their individuality and talents in a much less scripted way and not rely too much on the frankly uninspired challenges.

Was Charlie for real? I just think that was so disrespectul to the show, Ru, audience etc. It's season 9, you know there's a lipsync, it's a 4 minute pop song, do something. It just felt like 'oh well, I got on the show, I'll get some more youtube hits out of it and increase my booking fee, job done' - Crappy attitude, her runway look was one of the best though.

I've really warmed to Trinity. It's funny she was probably my least favourite from the initial promo shots and Meet the Queens, but I've grown to like her a lot on the show.

I guess the runway was so short because we got some work room banter this episode - whynotboth.gif - cut the challenge footage down by 2 minutes or something, that's the part of the show that drags (no pun intended).

Razmos

I genuinely do think Trinity was a bad leader in that challenge though, and agreed with Eureka and Nina in Untucked.

I don't know how she can possibly say she was a good leader when she didn't take charge and you know, make an actual plan of what they are doing, and to co-ordinate with the other queens.

She sure as hell delegated the roles but did nothing else after that, which led to that disastrous interview.

She was just plain bad in that episode overall. And to go from winning the last challenge to being in the bottom 3 leads me to believe that her stanky starfish win was a fluke and that she really is just a pageant queen who focuses on looks.

Also, I am still laughing at Shea and Sasha's bit. That was so well done. Sasha talking about eating disorders and then winning a years supply of burgers was also hilarious.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
I didn't even finish watching untucked
charlie doesnt deserve the time after that.

Rayis

Willamgate 2.0 but without the drama, the lipsync FUCKIN' sucked too, Miss Cucu nor Farrah turned it out

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Fucking Christ that lipsync was fucking awful. Eliminate Eureka and the other hews

Rayis

I'm watching this Fire Island show and I want to hate fuck all these gay boys, they're so awful yet so FUCKIN' HOT

In Drag Race related news
Night of a Thousand Madonnas runway redo for next episode

Vazra

There's too many girls and not enough airtime.

Not a single memorable lip sync. The challenges they havent done anything iconic and the only memorable moment so far has been on Untucked with the Valentina is Linda Evangelista stuff.

Vazra

Rumored positions of the girls on reddit. Click at your own risk but no idea if this is true.

14th Place: Jaymes Mansfield (already confirmed.)
13th Place: Kimora Blac (already confirmed.)
12th Place: Charlie Hides (already confirmed.)
11th Place: Eureka (She leaves because her injury and Ru invites her to S10) (JUST CONFIRMED)
10th Place: Aja
9th Place: Cynthia Lee Fontaine
8th Place: Farrah Moan
7th Place: Valentina
6th Place: Nina Bo’Nina Brown
5th Place: Alexis Michelle
Top Four: Trinity Taylor
Top Four: Peppermint
Top Four: Shea Couleé
Top Four: Sasha Velour

Status
Not open for further replies.