• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RYSE will be a Xbox One exclusive, more info at E3

I honestly really hope Ryse is good. I don't think I've ever played a good Roman game in first person.......or a good Roman game........or, uh....a Roman game at all. Hmm. Besides, who doesn't want games to be good?

Shadow of Rome by Capcom on PS2 was awesome. I'm not an RTS fan, so I've never played any of the Rome: Total War games.

The Lead as a General tag-line makes me think it will be kind of like an action-RTS kind of deal like Brutal Legend or something. Giving unit/squad voice commands seems like the only logical way to have this kind of game play with a controller and Kinect. That at leasts sounds better than what Ryse looked like before, i.e. Kinect Star Wars with a first person perspective and full on controller-less Kinect controls or that gladiator game that was in Sports Champions for the Move.

If it's Spartacus meets Braveheart but Dynasty Warriors with voice commands, it doesn't sound that bad so long as I can use my controller to use my sword and shield. I still won' at be convinced Kinect 2.0 actually works until there are product reviews.

I'm sure it's been answered and discussed many times but why is it called Ryse?

Crysis was spelt that way because of the spiritual Far Cry connection but I don't see where Ryse is coming from. Really hope this is good though, hopefully the chariot seem mentioned above is only a minor bit. Don't really want a bunch of Fable The Journey esqe stuff.

derFeef

Crysis was spelt that way because of the spiritual Far Cry connection but I don't see where Ryse is coming from. Really hope this is good though, hopefully the chariot seem mentioned above is only a minor bit. Don't really want a bunch of Fable The Journey esqe stuff.

It's just Cryteks way of naming.
Anyway, hype rysing.

GbG5mwc.jpg

Supposedly the "y", in the company's name, and all theirs games, comes from the last name of the founders: Yerli.

Top Bottom