• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sayonara Umihara Kawase (3DS eShop) gets an Australian classification

Like Code of Princess, it seems Agatsuma Entertainment will handle the PAL region publishing duties of Sayonara Umihara Kawase themselves. It showed up on the Australian Classification Board this morning, keeping its original name. A retail release is highly unlikely (Code of Princess didn't get one), so it'll be for the eShop like America.

Natsume confirmed back in October that they'd be releasing it in the US as Yumi’s Odd Odyssey.

I'm so happy they're bringing it over! 。◕‿◕。

PnUGmOJ.png
yBRPmjA.png

0wewBkw.jpg

Refyref

It's weird that they are going through another publisher in NA despite the NA release being digital only. I assume Natsume are localizing it, and they're licensing the localization, which is why they can't release it everywhere themselves.

Yasawas

Yesssss. I have the Super Famicom and DS games but it'd be nice to have one on my 3DS I could take places and not worry about as the DS cart is so expensive I'd never replace it if it got stolen.

bigmac996

Already have the Japanese version. It's a fun little game! Sometimes the physics can be a bit frustrating, but overall it's great. Same old Umihara Kawase gameplay, Definitely a perfect choice to be an eshop release.

I'dve prefered being able to just import the JPN copy like I did the DS compilation but you take what you can get with Nintendo region locks I guess.

dlx4Twa.jpg

how long is the time between a classification and release usually?

It's all over the place with the Australian Classification Board. Usually it's around a month or two before a game comes out, other times it could be a week, or even an entire year (like 3D Space Harrier and various Virtual Console games on the eShop).

Dunan

Is "Umihara Kawase" supposed to be a person's name? "Umihara" (海原, not 海腹) could be a surname, but Kawse 川背 is a very, very weird given name.

Top Bottom