• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Scream Queens S2 |OT| We're Back, Idiot Hookers -Tuesdays 9/8c

Status
Not open for further replies.

PK Gaming

Well that was the most 7/10 finale I've ever seen.

But it somehow suits the show in a way?

I really want another season since the main cast is so strong :'(

Asbel

Well that was the most 7/10 finale I've ever seen.

But it somehow suits the show in a way?

I really want another season since the main cast is so strong :'(
That was the worse chase ever and it totally fit this show.

Will miss this show. So sad.

Jhoan

KKT. Sorority from season 1 if I'm not mistaken

Ah, that makes a lot of sense.

I thought it was a solid finale. Not a lot of over explaining like S1's finale. Not great, not bad but it did a solid job tying everything with a bow. I wonder what behind the scenes trivia TJ Bennett has to say about this episode.

TJ Bennett

TJ Hooker
So they filmed this after the election right? Lol

We finished shooting on December 6th.

Thanks for everyone who tuned in this season! Our ratings were abysmal and I know season 3 is not in the cards. Oh well, it was a fun two years for me!

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
I enjoyed the finale. The back half of this season really was a nice rebound from the terrible first half. Lots of funny moments.

I think Scream Queens overstayed its welcome (it's a great example of the "Too much of a good thing" adage) but I will still miss it.

The final moments were good though and I honestly don't see a much room for a third season anyway. Seems like they knew full well that a renewal was a long shot, so they decided to just wrap everything up neatly just in case. Which is very smart (and makes one wonder why more shows don't do that!), not to mention considerate to the fans.

But if the show somehow did get renewed for a third season, I'd like for it to be written as the definitive ending to the series with another reduced episode order (6 sounds about right). There's a lot of potential there for a season centering around Grace as the sole villain seeking revenge against the Chanels.

liquidtmd

Banned

Thanks for everyone who tuned in this season! Our ratings were abysmal and I know season 3 is not in the cards. Oh well, it was a fun two years for me!

A true shame as it was a great romp but ultimately I don't think the conceit had legs.

S1 was definitely stronger than S2 but I don't think that was anything down to the cast or crew.

I'm intrigued TJ and you may not feel appropriate to comment - do you think it would have been better to adopt an anthology style approach to S2 where the same players returned as different characters?

Also, and I've not been following the thread so maybe answered, when marathoning this season it was weird in the choice to have many scenes where the cast were wearing sunglasses that reflected the camera crew in the outdoor scenes. It was obvious to the point it must have been a deliberate (almost i guess tongue in cheek) approach - any thought?

Hope you get an equally good next gig.

I want a Chad show, man that guy killed it.

Taruranto

Honestly the cage scene was awful. Scream Queens is no way a realistic shows, but you can always see the actors having fun. The acting during that scene was kinda bad because the way the characters acting felt forced even within the show. (Seriously, Zayday is not that stupid)

Denise' scene was hilarious, however."How's Hilary doing? First female president, eh?"

Also Casey's scene. "You could have just shoved her aside, you know"" "This is redemption for all the killings. Now he can be forgiven." "Yeah, I don't think this is how it works." LMAO

It also felt like the show didn't know what to do with Doctor Hot and Hester.

Number 5 turning out a secretly good doctor was my favorite part of the last two episodes.

W-00

Oh god, Denise's Hillary line. That was so painful. I mean, it was good, but it was painful. I was so afraid of how she would react when they told her the truth. I'm glad we didn't see that.

It's really nice that people in the show pointed out how stupid the whole "Getting in the way of the deadly projectile" thing was, and Sadie's responses made it even better. Though I'm still a little sad that she and Cassidy didn't get to have a happy ending. Because if unrepentant murderer Hester can get a happy ending, repentant Cassidy should've been able to, too.

And it's a damn good thing that Libby is a good doctor, because otherwise all those patients would be screwed with Zayday in charge. It didn't get nearly as much attention as Libby being a good doctor, but holy hell Zayday is a bad doctor. She was ready to perform a lobotomy to get rid of excess hair, and she misdiagnosed dehydration as kuru. I don't think I'd want her as my doctor.

There's still one thing that bugs me: Why did Chad change his will to leave Dean Munsch everything? It made sense when I thought she killed him and faked the change to his will, but since Wes did it, it makes no sense.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain

Anyway to get the show on FX or whatever? It cannot end like this, not when shit like PLL got like 7 seasons. Ryan Murphy has to FIGHT!

Finished the season today. Stopped at episode 6 and waited for it to end so I can just watch the last 4. I definitely enjoyed the last half of this season a lot more than the first, although the finale felt a little lackluster to me, especially compared to episodes 9 and 8.

I think Chanel 5 ended up being my favorite character. Her turning out to be a genius was cool and it was cool that Wes showed up.

Some problems for me were Hester being pointless until the last couple of episodes. Also Zayday was kind of pushed aside as well. A lot of people didn't like Grace or thought she was too boring but I actually didn't mind her and thought Zayday and Grace made a good duo and played off each other well.

Overall I liked season 2 but yeah, it's not the level of season 1. Since it will most likely be cancelled I can say I enjoyed it while it lasted.

Bladenic

Are we all forgetting that one of the Chanels actually survived? Forgot her name but she was in the cage with everyone I think, then disappeared.

Pretty meh finale. Hester was useless all season even though Lea Michele got to act crazy and was good at it. John Stamos suddenly wanting to kill people was weird. Zayday was honestly pretty underused too. And they didn't tell us what Denise did post-waking-up-from-being-frozen.

W-00

Are we all forgetting that one of the Chanels actually survived? Forgot her name but she was in the cage with everyone I think, then disappeared.

Oh yeah, the one who couldn't move her face. I was pleasantly surprised by her survival, though I don't remember her being in the cage. The last time I remember seeing her was when she was tending the garden.

So what became of Chanel #3?

She became the executive producer for Chanel Prime's show.

LycanXIII

Holy shit did not #3 was daughter of Carrie Fisher. The headphone thing makes so much sense now.

Billie-Lourd.gif

:(

She's in the new Trilogy too.

vsmt8lvkzxcevqcpqyhp.jpg

LycanXIII

Somehow, Season 3 is still possible:

Speaking to reporters, including Variety, at the Wednesday event in Pasadena, Calif., Fox's Gary Newman and David Madden gave a slight update on the horror comedy anthology series. Though they didn't say whether or not ”Scream Queens" would be back for a third season, the execs did tell press members that they are happy with the show and its young demo.

”It's very much still in consideration for a renewal," Madden told Variety and a small group of reporters. ”The ratings don't tell the whole story; because it's such a young audience, you can't really even see the full picture even in L+3."

http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/scream-queens-season-3-renewed-or-cancelled-1201957633/

Newman also isn't ruling out a third season of Scream Queens, which ended Season 2 as the lowest-rated drama on the Big 4. ”Obviously, we would have loved to have seen bigger numbers," he conceded, before noting that ”delayed viewing was there" and ”it reaches a hard-to-reach younger audience, which we liked."

http://tvline.com/2017/01/11/the-x-files-season-11-renewal-fox-revival-new-episodes/

All about that transmedia market now, the show was trending on twitter every week.

W-00

Brexit. Trump. The Nintendo Switch. And now Scream Queens potentially getting a third season. People are making all sorts of decisions that just don't make sense these days. At least this could finally be a good decision that doesn't make sense.

bachikarn

If they did a season 3, I think I'd prefer they did an anthology type thing where there is a story reset with the same cast.

Jhoan

I definitely agree with the show being huge on Twitter. I count myself as one of the many people who would live tweet about the show. It was pretty fun discussing it with other fans even though I personally didn't know any friends who watched the show.

I'm all for a season 3 but I think the Tuesday at 9pm slot wouldn't work out. I think Friday at 9pm would be more ideal. I can only wonder how many more times the characters would be put into new scenarios before it starts to stagnate so I agree that it would work much better as an anthology. The season finale felt like a satisfying conclusion aside from the quasi-cliffhanger towards the end.

Just in case a season 3 is greenlit, my money is on the masked killer color being blue or yellow.

abundant

I'm all for a season 3 but I think the Tuesday at 9pm slot wouldn't work out. I think Friday at 9pm would be more ideal.

If it does get a third season, it being moved to Friday would be a safe bet. No way Fox would be that dumb to keep it on Tuesday or any other night that actually mattered.

clockpunk

Just wished to add that my wife and I loved the show. Was a devil to watch over here in the UK, but we too hope for another season. Hopefully with Chad Radwell (somehow) back!

Cth

Embrace the insanity, go the Jason X route and set it in the future/space.

Robo Chad and Futurama-Head-In-A-Jar Denise.

Ok, I did not want to bump the season 1 thread, so...

Holy fucking shit, I'm watching season 1 and this show is so funny.

Amazing!

Still no word on a season 3?

vypek

Ok, I did not want to bump the season 1 thread, so...

Holy fucking shit, I'm watching season 1 and this show is so funny.

Amazing!

Still no word on a season 3?

I'm going to guess we won't get one based on the ratings. But who knows. Maybe they will order another one.

LycanXIII

From today:

Scream Queens‘ Lea Michele is set to co-star opposite Brandon Micheal Hall in ABC’s untitled City Mayor comedy pilot, from Hamilton standout Daveed Diggs.

To do the ABC half-hour pilot, Michele was released by Ryan Murphy from her deal on the Fox/20th TV series Scream Queens. Fox has yet to make a decision on the fate of the modestly rated horror-comedy series, with a Season 3 renewal considered unlikely. That said, Scream Queens is designed in a way that not every character returns every year, so the series conceivably could continue without Michele’s Hester.

http://deadline.com/2017/02/lea-mic...pilot-scream-queens-exit-season-3-1201960585/

Jhoan

So the dream isn't dead yet and it's open to turning into an anthology series ala True Detective Season 1 to True Detective Season 2 (except I heard it sucked bad)? I want to believe.

Chances still looking slim but losing Hester isn't that big of a blow, she didn't really do anything in S2 or get too many memorable gags.

Count me in on a reset if they do get a Season 3. I love the Chanels but where they got left off this season doesn't sound as conductive to another season as all of them being sent to a asylum. Red devil tease was cool but obviously it was Grace.

Jhoan

Yeah, Hester was just a troll in Season 2 so not much of a reason to have kept her around. I agree that Season 2 felt like a satisfying conclusion to the series. Hester made out clean and lived happily ever after.

Murphy would have to start a clean slate with a theoretical Season 3. I would miss Emma Roberts and Jamie Lee Curtis though. Maybe the summer camp idea would be great to return to.

Bladenic

Hester was frankly useless and underused in S2 anyway so if it does get a S3 she's not necessary. And if they do keep the old cast, I'd rather it be new characters/setting/etc.

Although the chances of renewal seem nonexistent, nobody watched this.

Jhoan

The fact that no one in the website that I write for seems like they didn't watch it is telling. Riverdale has dominated discussion though. It's cool that it was trending on Twitter but maybe that's not enough to convince the higher ups at Fox that it translates into a renewal. Maybe Netflix would do an Arrested Development and pick it up somewhere down the line but that's wishful thinking unless Murphy owns the rights.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom