• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Scrolls Beta Thread: On my Beard ! Not the Elder ones

Status
Not open for further replies.

rusticdog

Neo Member
Another new update posted today, Achievements, Rating Decay and more!
0.112 https://scrolls.com/2013/12/changelog-0-112-achievements-testing-grounds :

Rating decay has also been introduced. It basically means that player’s ratings will decrease over time, keeping the rankings competitive and the top of the leaderboard attainable for active players. We’ll be posting about this on the dev blog soon.

Features

• Added 85 achievements. Achievements are displayed on your profile page and award 100 gold each.
  • Added rating decay. Once a week, ratings will decay towards 1500.
  • Starting with this patch, we’re turning the “Quick Match” mode into a testing grounds for rule changes. First up is 8 HP idols and 60 second turn timers.
  • You can now rejoin your current match even after closing the game.
  • The remaining library and discard pile counts are now displayed in battle mode.
  • Abilities activated by your opponent in a battle now display text with the ability name.

Scrolls

• Added the Scrollsguide competition winners’ scrolls: Eclipse, Stifled Advance, Ancestral Pact and Piercing Projectile. Congratulations to EyeTheta, ArcBehemoth, RoboSox and Tharos!
  • Watcher (Decay) now deals 2 idol damage (down from 3).

Miscellaneous

• Added 8 new AI decks. Thanks to Blinky for assisting with deck design!
  • Updated the post-game screen to show the duration of the match. In ranked matches, ranking and ranking change is now shown.
  • Updated the profile screen to show ranked and Judgement wins.
  • In the Watch menu, sorting by Highest Rating now uses average rating instead of the best player’s rating.
  • Deck builder: Typing “s:2″ will now filter scrolls in set 2. Similarly, #:5+” will show any scrolls which you have at least five of. Handy for crafting!

Bug Fixes

• Players can now be challenged and invited to trade via the friends list.
  • Machination Mindset now only works on melee creatures.

ZZMitch

So today I decided to give Judgement a try for the first time. It is free the first time, which is nice.

I make my deck, which turns out to be an order/growth deck (neither of which I have really played before). I get into a game and happen to be playing one of the guys who got a top spot in that ESL tournament (xdebex). It was fun though, I was doing well until he got a critical mass of units out and overpowered me. I killed an idol, of which I am proud heh! It seems I was a little bit out of my league for my first Judgement match lol.

Anyway, it seems like it is important to have a bunch of creatures in Judgement. I only have 11 in my deck. Will have to choose better next time!

rusticdog

Neo Member
Free Scrolls!
https://scrolls.com/2013/12/own-scrolls-give-it-to-a-friend-for-free#more-3813

It’s the most Christmassy time of the year! For that reason, we’re giving every player owns Scrolls a free copy of the game to send to a friend. There is no catch!

Here’s how you do it!
  • Click “Send to a friend”
  • Enter your friend’s email address into the box and click send

Your chum will receive a code in the mail, along with some simple instructions on how to redeem it. It hasn’t even got to be a “friend” you send the code to: enemies, family members and animals are all allowed to play, so long as they can follow the simple instructions listed in the mail. Send and be merry!

My favorite unit:

LR0fldp.png

TriGen

Free Scrolls!
https://scrolls.com/2013/12/own-scrolls-give-it-to-a-friend-for-free#more-3813

It’s the most Christmassy time of the year! For that reason, we’re giving every player owns Scrolls a free copy of the game to send to a friend. There is no catch!

Here’s how you do it!
  • Click “Send to a friend”
  • Enter your friend’s email address into the box and click send

Your chum will receive a code in the mail, along with some simple instructions on how to redeem it. It hasn’t even got to be a “friend” you send the code to: enemies, family members and animals are all allowed to play, so long as they can follow the simple instructions listed in the mail. Send and be merry!

It's really cool to see a developer do something like this. I don't have any Scrolls friends to gift me in -- but it's still nice to see this.

Shai-Tan

Banned
I've got a code if anyone wants it. Only ask if you think you would like the game (it should go without saying but I noticed when I gave away Steam codes for games that the jerks didn't actually play the games)

Madouu

I've got a code if anyone wants it. Only ask if you think you would like the game (it should go without saying but I noticed when I gave away Steam codes for games that the jerks didn't actually play the games)

I'd like to get one if possible! Can't really prove that I will play it but I hope my word is enough for you.

Wok

I have tried Hearthstone and I prefer Scrolls in the sense Hearthstone feels a lot P2W compared to Scrolls. However, I have to admit Heathstone is better in terms of visual candy effects and sounds, and the game feels faster (although I think it is just due to the fact you have far less options during your turn). Overall, as a strategy card game, Scrolls has more depth but won't appeal to the casual gamers, hence a smaller player base in the end. Scrolls could borrow some concepts from Hearthstone to increase the addiction, such as a quest log to get players to play everyday, etc., but I am not sure it is the right path.

Yeah, I like Scrolls a lot but Hearthstone has all the hype. Many of my friends are into Hearthstone atm but have never even heard of Scrolls. Both games are fun but it's too bad very few people seem to be playing Scrolls. I dig it's gameplay a little bit more than Hearthstone's.

I would be much obliged if anybody has a spare key they would be happy to give away. I think i'm getting a little bit burnt out on Hearthstone and this looks like a nice change of pace.

Edit: Thanks ZZMitch

Wok

Judgment will bring a whole new dynamic to the game, with the lower deck size of 30 scrolls and there being no unique scroll limited in a deck there are sure to be some crazy things happening in the future.

And there I was building 45-card judgement deck...

Card Boy

Banned
I can't for the life of me work out how to send a copy to a friend.

Click &#8220;Send to a friend&#8221; <-Can't see this

People from 4 days ago are reporting the same problem.

edit: worked it out.

PriitV

if anyone wants a code or whatever for the game, here's mine

XMAS-D2B6-G6X2

i'm not sure whether or not i have to send it via the "Send to a friend" link in my account page or if someone can just use the code straight up but if it's the former, lemme know.

Thank you for the code, I successfully redeemed it :)

rusticdog

Neo Member
Another quick patch just released, some needed nerfs put in place.
Those new Scrolls for Rebellion can't be too far away either.

https://scrolls.com/2014/01/changelog-0-112-2#more-3846
Scrolls

Return To Nature (Decay): Now targets a 7 tile area instead of one side of the board.
Harvester (Decay): 4 Health (down from 6).
Ilmire Tribesman (Decay): 2 Attack (down from 3).
Focus (Order): Only works on creatures.
Knight Scholar (Order): 5 Health (down from 6), cost 4 (down from 5).
Wings Captain (Order): 4 Attack (up from 3). No longer reduces Countdown of others, but now gives Move buff to self as well as adjacent Soldiers.
Scout Automaton (Energy): 3 Health (up from 2).
Gravelock Outcast (Energy) 3 Attack (up from 2).

Miscellaneous

Testing Grounds have been updated. Idols now have 6/8/10/8/6 HP. The timer remains at 60 seconds.
The Just for You section of the store now has a 50% chance of giving you a scroll you’re missing in each slot (and 50% chance of picking an entirely random scroll).
Removed Herobrine.
Reverted holiday unit art.
Changed two of the default chat rooms from “Decks” and “Strategy” to “Scrolls” and “Game modes”.

Bug Fixes

Sacrifice should now always work after rejoining a game in progress.
Fixed a bug where picking rewards after Judgement could sometimes fail.
Friends should no longer show up as online when they’re actually offline.

Agkel

Well damn, I had not seen I could gift a copy. Haven't had time to play since short after launch. My brother will enjoy this :)

New update hit the test server, with a slew of new scrolls (and more on their way):

Blinky said:
Test Server Update 0.113][/center]

Good day my fellow Scrolldiers,

I wont mess around with words right now, lets get straight to the point. There has been a test server patch, the first of the year bringing us half of the scrolls that will be added to complete set 5. This means 28 new scrolls (with more coming when ready), 7 Growth, 7 Energy, 7 Order and 7 Decay.

As always keep you eye out for more on Scrolls guide. We still have the rest of the set to come (as soon as it is finished) so look forward to that.

Until next time

Blinky

*Pillage: The Pillage effect is triggered whenever this unit deals combat damage to an idol

*Dominion: Dominion effects are active while at least one opponent idol is down

1iYmsBP.jpg

0VkEYeE.jpg

rT7oBfY.jpg

pE7EjES.jpg

KxXmFPG.jpg

woWXpBD.jpg

cFIkL8V.jpg

hQm57pM.jpg

OetURo9.jpg

V2KpYJs.jpg

UAnwhgt.jpg