• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Scrolls Beta Thread: On my Beard ! Not the Elder ones

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's the next batch of Rebellion scrolls:

SeeMeScrollin said:
Test Changelog 0.113.4

Hi All :)

The next batch of scrolls is now on the test server.

Features
- Added a "Did you know?" box to the login screen.

Scrolls
- Added 27 new scrolls (leaving two that are not yet ready for the test server).
- Warding Stone now removes attacking token units.
- Stitcher's active ability button now says "Stitch".
- Crimson Bull (Growth) now costs 3, up from 2.
- Kinfolk Veteran (Growth) now has 3 Health, down from 4.
- Necrogeddon (Decay) now costs 7, up from 6.

Miscellaneous
- Judgement now uses fixed Rarity rows: 14% Rare, 29% Uncommon, 57% Common. This is close to perceived distribution when playing with two colors in the old system (18%, 29%, 52%).

The Scrolls:

Cay, Royal Envoy

XdRllEq.png

Wings Warder

0fhnLmF.png

Wings Cleaver

daLhHdF.png

Wings Rammer

2oua5JJ.png

Ruse

ataZKec.png

Prisoners of War

lub9Act.png

Reversal

NRrC7ji.png

Top Reaver Thea

TseO0F4.png

Ash Runner

iS0BwiE.png

Vicious Strike

y2HYcS6.png

Sudden Eruption

9Zc9xCQ.png

Hired Marksman

DspGlf0.png

Fulmination Conduit

35opje6.png

Jarl Urhhald

J2fdyPd.png

Bountiful Times

7NdUwgw.png

Earthborn Mystic

zHqcKth.png

Earthbond

iPeK8qb.png

Underdog's Spite

dIIApWG.png

Outcast Rebel

N07Fgei.png

Earthern Testament

Optfuhw.png

Nuru, Flesh-Seamstress

q9ZPtku.png

Nuru's Needle

66MYpg7.png

Blightseed

CMWoF2r.png

Malevolent Gaze

CWhdqrr.png

Festering Freak

oOsTdyL.png

Arhart's Disciple

nO30vcL.png

Corpus Collector

seSYfyS.png

We'll update these if and when changes are made.

Thanks

The SG Team

Card Boy

Banned
Really wish they would do something meaningful to help the community grow at this stage. They either have to get rid of the microtransctions or make the game F2P, they can't have it both ways. There is like 100-200 people on at any given time (113 people as of this post) and the gift the game to a friend program made no difference in player numbers.

Hearthstone is crushing this game and with good reason. Mojang are a very rich company they made a profit on this game in like its first week or something, they need to through money and resources at this game and expand it.

Heres my mega wish list i posted afew months bac (with adjustments), needless to say not much progress was made.

• Judgement needs to be free
  • Mouse wheel scroll up should zoom into a Scroll (the more i play the more the lack of this pisses me off)
  • Mouse wheel scroll down should zoom out of a Scroll
  • There needs to be a X at the corner of the screen to quit the game besides the Escape button or alt+4
  • Needs leader-boards outside a Ranking number
  • Needs a single player campaign (like AC: Recollection/Elemental Monster)
  • Needs options to skip battle animations (SP only)
  • Needs options to speed up battle animations (SP only)
  • Game needs a 'How to play' rulebook outside doing the tutorial
  • Game needs keyboard shortcuts
  • Needs fully rebindable controls
  • Game needs to differentiate commons, uncommons and rares easier besides the different color boarders (Suggestion: Put a Bronze, Silver, Gold trime around the card art to signify common, uncommon and Rare cards)
  • Add voices to the Shop clerks and animate them.
  • Game needs a re-join option in case someone gets accidentally disconnected (maybe have a 2 minute grace period, or go into asynchronous mode, or both)
  • Game should have asynchronous multiplayer
  • Game needs mulligans (Suggestion: You get 1 less Scroll on redraw)
  • Booster packs should have like a small chance of giving out foil Scrolls, this would increase their trade value (see Shadow Era on how to do this right)
  • A Guild system couldn't hurt
  • Needs a iOS/Android version with cross platform multiplayer
  • Offline mode (Suggestion: Can't earn gold in offline mode)
  • Controller support couldn't hurt
  • Needs a option to auto join chat channels (eg. Auto join NeoGAF)
  • Text is not aligned and centered (Card name and type), most cards are hit and miss in this regard
  • Arrow keys should scroll between Scrolls in both deck builder and in battle
  • Prophanity filter
  • Ability to choose where to install Scrolls
  • Ability to send mail (Suggestion: Also a way to sell Scrolls with a Cash on Demand option in mail)
  • Maybe give a unique avatar for people in beta
  • Match of the day gold bonus (Suggestion: Maybe give 25% less gold for single player matches)
  • Non-white avatar options
  • If a player forgets to sacrifice a scroll when they click the hourglass, remind them
  • Viewing profiles and being able to see the different cards said player has collected
  • Have a Card book (sort of like a Pokedex) to see what you own and have missing
  • /away /afk option

They have in the alpha version already added a mulligan :D
As for your other suggestions, a couple are actually being worked at, but Mojang has stated that their primary goal is to create new scrolls firstmost - which I agree with them (all those other features are nice, but without regular scroll addition it would become boring).

Card Boy

Banned
Whats this alpha version? is that like a test server?

I didn't mention cards as a suggestion because thats a given and i know they are working on them. Having played Hearthstone and Magic, Shadow Era, Might and Magic: Duel of Champions the game needs like at least 2 more factions of cards.

Yeah, it's the test server (alpha is not really accurate). I'm sure additional resource types will pop up in the future, but first they got a bunch of QoL-additions they need to focus on in addition to adding even more scrolls.

Blizzard

Banned
They have in the alpha version already added a mulligan :D
As for your other suggestions, a couple are actually being worked at, but Mojang has stated that their primary goal is to create new scrolls firstmost - which I agree with them (all those other features are nice, but without regular scroll addition it would become boring).
I think the problem is, if only 100 people are online at any given time, continuing to add more scrolls is probably not going to change that significantly. :p

Card Boy

Banned
I don't think getting rid of microtransctions would increase the player-base much either. I think at this point the only thing Mojang can do is make the game F2P and give exisiting players that payed (not gifts) for the game $15/15 Euros worth of in game shards. I know beta is beta but i don't think a full release will maintain its userbase for very long and we will be seeing players in the 100-200 range again once its release honeymoon period is over.

The game has major competition from Hex, Hearthstone, Shadow Era, Duel of Champions, Pokemon, all of which are F2P. This isn't mentioning the lesser known TCGs or iOS/Android. The only big paid TCG thats doing well year after year is Magic: The Gathering.

Mojang needs to rethink its business model.

They are working on a "lite version" of the game atm, that enables you to play quick games with one of six pre-constructed decks (and gather scrolls & gold afaik, but not use it until you "unlock" the whole game).
I do think going F2P might help the game though, and I kinda wouldn't care if you could buy booster packs for shards so long as they didn't change the gold side of things.

Card Boy

Banned
Test server stuff.

Scrolls
- New: Shadowhands (Energy). Placeholder name and graphics.

6TgQp.jpg

- Cay, Royal Envoy (Order): Cost 8 (down from 9), and scroll draw now happens if at least one opponent dies during your combat.
- Ruse (Order): Now gives +1 Armor until end of turn instead of temporary Health.
- Nuru, Flesh-seamstress (Decay): Now summons 2 Husks (down from 3), but gives +2 Attack to Undead on Dominion.
- Morbid Curiosity (Decay): Cost 4 (down from 5).
- Stitcher (Decay): 3 Health (up from 2).
- Wetland Ranger (Growth): 4 Health (up from 3).
- Erode (Growth): Now works on opponent structures as well as yours.
- Replicaton (Energy): Now gets pushed back to hand if current Energy is 2 or more.

Miscellaneous
- Added 11 new trials (5 Hard, 4 Medium and 2 Easy). These are still WIP, and the descriptions are still missing.

--EASY TRIALS--

Defender of the Crown (250 G):
Idols have 6 health.
Your units have haste.
Your opponent starts with a 6 health Gallant Defender.

Downhill (250 G):
Your units have their move increased by 3 (4 move creatures, 3 move structures).

--MEDIUM TRIALS--

Fury (350 G):
You start with a 5 attack / 10 health Kinfolk Jarl.
Your opponent starts with a 3 attack / 7 health Bog Hound.
Your units have Curse 1 and Slayer.

King of Beasts (300 G):
You start with a Waking Stones.
Your opponent starts with a Wetland Ranger.
(Also, your opponent plays Bunnies. I felt like that was interesting enough to be included)

Wings of Immunity (300 G):
Your opponent's units are immune to poison and have "noncombat armor 1". (so all non-combat damage dealt to them is reduced by 1).

Metal Wall (350 G):
Your opponent starts with 3 Metal Wonders.

--HARD TRIALS--

Spikes (500 G):
Your opponent's units have spiky 1.

Shooting Range (500 G):
Your opponent's creatures have piercing.

Slaying Grounds (600 G):
Your opponent's creatures have slayer.

Protected Area (500 G):
Your opponent's units have armor 1 and move increased by 1.

They United (1000 G):
Your opponent starts with 6 of each resource, and has a Waking Stones, an Eternal Statue, a Pillar of Disease and an Ether Pump on the field

Bug Fixes
- Fixed a bug in Judgement rarity row distribution. Now slightly higher percentage of uncommons/rares.

Card Boy

Banned
Massive new update. I thought Mojang gave up for a while there.

Rebellion update.

BANNER-REBELLION.png

• 56 new scrolls
  • 13 new trials
  • 2 new mechanics Pillage and Dominion. A unit’s Pillage trait happens when the unit damages an idol. Dominion effects are active when at least one of your opponent’s idols are down.
  • Champions - Champions are powerful units for each faction that come with some brutal abilities. Only one of each is allowed on your side at one time.
  • Judgement Overhaul - Fixed the rarity of each row of scrolls during the drafting process. Decks destroyed after two losses with lower entry fee to compensate. More gold for wins.
  • New store items - 4 new pre-constructed decks. Explorers packs which are 10-scroll packs and are guaranteed to include at least four scrolls from the new Rebellion set. Also, all scroll packs and random singles now have a chance to drop upgraded scrolls (basically 'foils')
  • UI improvements.

Heres an example of a Champion scroll.

297_Jarl-Urhald.png

Only 1 per side.

Electrify-600x451.jpg

Rebellion is here! This is one of the biggest Scrolls update so far, introducing Champions, new traits, a bunch of scrolls, and more. For a breakdown of the additions, please check my previous post. If you’re more of a bullet-pointy type-of Scrolldier, read on for the complete changelog.

Features
The active player is now more clearly highlighted
UI now shows what you and your opponent has recently sacrificed for.
The “”Ctrl”" stats display now remembers state between matches.
Added a hint box to the login screen.
Testing Grounds have been updated. Idols have 10 Health, timer is at 75 seconds, and a mulligan option has been added.

Scrolls
Added 56 new scrolls from the Rebellion set.
Temporary effects from spells and units are now marked as Effects rather than Enchantments.
Focus and many similar scrolls no longer last longer than one turn.
Brother of the Wolf and many similar scrolls now increase their Countdown by the base value instead of a fixed number.
Leeching Ring (Growth) now uses base Countdown for healing instead of the value printed on the scroll.
Crimson Bull (Growth) now costs 3, up from 2.
Kinfolk Veteran (Growth) now has 3 Health, down from 4.
Necrogeddon (Decay) now costs 7, up from 6.a
Erode (Growth) now works on opponent structures as well as yours.

Store
Added Explorer’s Pack, which costs 1200 and is guaranteed to give you at least 4 Rebellion scrolls.
Added 4 new hard preconstructed decks. Thanks to Blinky for assisting us in building these.
Made packs and singles have a chance of giving you an upgraded scroll.

Deck builder / Trade
Added an “”Add scrolls”" button to add one of each selected scroll to the table.
Library sorting (name/cost) is now remembered between sessions.
Card lists (trade, buy/sell) now support the count filter (#:).
Added new search filters: ap:, cd:, hp:, c: and fl: for Attack, Countdown, Health, Cost and Flavor, respectively.
Made filtering using full words possible (type:, rarity:, desc:, tier:, set:, cost:, attack:, countdown:, health: and flavor:).
Hitting Ctrl+Enter in the filter box adds one of each filtered scroll to the table. Similarly, Ctrl+Delete removes one of each filtered scroll.
Clicking a unit in the deck builder now previews their attack animation.
The deck builder now shows number of types (library) and scrolls (table) when a filter is used.

Judgement
Judgement no longer shows the same scroll twice in a row.
Judgement now uses fixed Rarity rows. The rows are cycled as follows: R, C, U, C, C, U, C.
Judgement decks are now destroyed after 5 wins or 2 losses.
Judgement rewards have been adjusted to compensate for the tweaks, and the entry fee has been lowered to 800 gold / 120 shards.

verdant veil copy

Chat
The auto-join cap for “”General”" chat rooms has been raised from 30 to 50.
Moderators can now temporarily ban users from chat rooms (up to one week).
Moderators can now mute users for up to one hour.
Custom chat rooms are now auto-rejoined in new sessions.

Miscellaneous

Profile page shows percentage of unique scrolls owned.
The config file format has been updated. Some settings may unfortunately be lost as a result of this. Sorry for any inconvenience!
Added 13 new trials (7 Hard, 4 Medium and 2 Easy).
Tier 3 scrolls now slightly increase match rewards. Drawing a T3 scroll increases a multiplier (2.5%, 5%, 10% for C/U/R), capped at 50%. After a game, match rewards are increased by this amount (excluding fixed rewards like idol or completion bonuses).
Added seven new battle backgrounds.
Added a setting to disable visuals for upgraded scrolls.
Crafting now shows the scrolls from your starter deck in locked piles.
Stats are now cleared when trading away an upgraded scroll.

Bug Fixes
Accept trades / Accept challenge buttons are now enabled per default for new users.
The “”Alt”" stats display now behaves correctly.
Long names should no longer be cut off in battle mode.
Concentrate Fire now works with Piercing. Note that the extra attack is of the same type as the unit’s attack when Concentrate Fire was cast, so a Piercing Projectile cast later won’t affect the second attack.
Binding Root (and similar effects) now stop Mire Shambler from moving before attacking.
White flashing under units that are about to attack now works properly in spectate mode.”

Blizzard

Banned
Awesome, I know what I'm doing tonight. Also this thread now belongs to me and Squiddy.
I still read it! It's just kind of like a MOBA in that I feel it would be a big time investment to get back into the game and try to learn everything, let alone build a good deck. :p

rusticdog

Neo Member
I still read it! It's just kind of like a MOBA in that I feel it would be a big time investment to get back into the game and try to learn everything, let alone build a good deck. :p

As someone who has been playing quite a bit building gold for this release, I can safely say we're all in this learning boat. The dynamics they've added has made my deck building a nightmare :)

But no doubt, there is a time sink involved. Personally I wouldn't have it any other way, otherwise I think I'd feel a bit stagnated. This is coming from a player who prefers non-ranked, chaotic matches.

I almost have everything I want, that means what extras I have will be given or sold away very cheap. And there are many other players like me would rather see others get their wanted Scrolls for little cost.

Card Boy

Banned
Is there a tier list for Scrolls like there is for Hearthstone? I want to make the most of my Judgement draft. I got a Top Reaver Thea on the first pick.

Top_Reaver_Thea.png

Is there a tier list for Scrolls like there is for Hearthstone? I want to make the most of my Judgement draft. I got a Top Reaver Thea on the first pick.

Top_Reaver_Thea.png

Creatures
Spells
Enchantments/Structures

And try to go mono-resource all the way, and don't be afraid of going non-energy if you get great scrolls in another resource.

Card Boy

Banned
Now what? Do i start making a Decay and Energy deck? What should i choose?

How do you guys feel about a thread title change? It doesn't really explain what this game is. I'm thinking of just the same one but this 'Scrolls (Mojangs TCG) Beta Thread: On my Beard ! Not the Elder ones'

Based on that screen, I would go for the Skirmisher next - since you got no energy options, and it would open up the possibility of going into Order should you later down find more Order creatures than energy ones. But row 2 and 3 is imho Tool Initiate and the Charge Coil, unless the newly revealed rows beneath has some crazy growth scroll (like sister of the owl).

power_trip-600x451.jpg

Features
Mulligans are now enabled in all game modes.
Testing Grounds have been updated with the inclusion of Wild – a new super resource that we’re hoping will make multi-resource decks more viable. Måns has gone into detail about our reasons for including this in his latest Dev Blog post.

Scrolls
Desert Memorial (Order): Cost 3 (up from 2), 2 Health (up from 1).
Woodland Memorial (Order): Cost 4 (up from 2), 3 Health (up from 1).
Law Memorial (Energy): Cost 4 (up from 2), 3 Health (up from 1).
Tribal Memorial (Energy): Cost 3 (up from 2), 2 Health (up from 1).
Stone Pact Memorial (Growth): Cost 3 (up from 2), 2 Health (up from 1).
Sand Pact Memorial (Growth): Cost 4 (up from 2), 3 Health (up from 1).
Power Trip (Energy): Removed the scroll draw.
Roasted Bean Potion (Order): Increase Move by 1, and reduce Countdown by 1 (removed Heal by 2).
Mystic Altar (Order) now properly increases countdown of target by 2.
Ember Bonds and Magma Pack (Energy) no longer trigger on non-attacking units (like Machine Priest or Nuru).

Miscellaneous
Selecting a scroll now shows your remaining resources after paying its cost.
Improved sound synchronisation for attacks.
Ice Cave and Snowy Mountain backgrounds have been made darker to protect your eyes.
Added the missing battle backgrounds.

Card Boy

Banned
Scrolls Roadmap.

What’s next for Scrolls?

ranks.png

A new ranking system

We’re working on a new system that will express ranks in a more palatable format. Check above some some visual spoilers from Henrik.
Also, Jeb (yes – the friendly Minecraft guy, who just happens to be one of the most ardent Scrolls players in the office) has been helping develop ways to reward both hyper-competitive and lower ranked scrolldiers for their dedication. The plan is to integrate some kind of weekly reward system.

tutorial-crop-600x398.jpg

A new tutorial

We’re aware that Scrolls can be intimidating for beginners. To combat this, we’re replacing our existing tutorial with two snappier ones that’ll teach basic mechanics within a few minutes play.

scalinghitfx_concept-600x420.jpg

Audio and visual tweaks

Mattis returned from his Japanese vacation inspired and livelier than ever: “I want to juice up Scrolls, yo!” But what does this actually mean? It means that Mattis is looking into ways to make the core gameplay of Scrolls more rewarding. Powerful attacks should have more oomph, and enchantments should be more visually striking.

Similarly, Aron has been working on improving Scrolls’ sound systems. This means we can add new audio effects to units, spells and enchantments.

The demo version

The team are also working on a demo version of Scrolls. It won’t affect how existing Scrolldiers play, but will provide a slice of Scrolls gameplay for the curious. It’ll also make things a lot simpler for… you guessed it…

The tablet version

An iPad/tablet version of Scrolls is in the works! We’ve enlisted the aid of Ludosity to port Scrolls into flatter, more touchy devices. We’ll have more news on this soon.

Other stuff

Of course, we’re also creating new scrolls, working on balance, quashing bugs, fiddling with settings and struggling to retain sanity…

Nothing about a new faction but does mention new cards. Tablet version would be awesome, Ludosity is behind Ittle Dew and Card City Nights. Demo version is much needed at this point outside making the game F2P.

Card Boy

Banned
Mojang has be awfully silent on this game. Last update was over a month ago. Just give me $15 worth of currency and make the game F2P already.

This needs F2P, 3-4 additional team members (I believe they right now got only 3 artists, 2 coders), and release on steam.

The fundamentals of the game are good enough, there is space for a more strategic TCG like this, but they aren't going to keep players at the pace they're going.

rusticdog

Neo Member
Ask and ye shall receive...

Features

• We’ve reworked the ranking system. Players can now earn one of twelve different rank medals. The game no longer shows others your exact rating or ranking, though the top 100 list still remains.
  • We’ve removed the old tutorial and added the first of two new ones. The second is coming later on.
  • We’ve updated the post-match screen. Players can now rate matches and see player medals in Ranked Mode. The layout has been improved too.
  • The AI is a touch more sentient. Prepare to get talked down!

Scrolls

Added the four competition winner scrolls: Skythorn by Nicon, Oculus Cannon by HutchHogan, Void Gate by teedle and Eternal Sword by Guywithscrolls (some of the scrolls have been renamed and tweaked since they were first submitted).

0uyk43r0.p32.png
fdftuvue.3rt.png
vx4n2krc.45s.png
4qbylrkh.xua.png

• Desert Memorial (Order): 0/-/4, cost 3. When Desert Memorial is destroyed, increase Energy by 1
  • Woodland Memorial (Order): 0/-/1, cost 2. When you play a Spell or Enchantment, Woodland Memorial is destroyed. Increase Growth by 1.
  • Law Memorial (Energy): 0/2/4, cost 2. When Law Memorial’s Countdown becomes 0, it’s destroyed and Order is increased by 1.
  • Tribal Memorial (Energy): 0/-/3, cost 1. Pay 2 Energy to destroy Tribal Memorial and increase Growth by 1.
  • Stone Pact Memorial (Growth): 0/-/2, cost 3. When Stone Pact Memorial comes into play, increase Order by 1.
  • Sand Pact Memorial (Growth): 0/-/1, cost 3. When Sand Pact Memorial comes into play, increase your current Energy by 5.
  • Sister of the Owl (Growth): Now costs 5, summons only one Owl.
  • Owl (Growth): Is now 1/1/1 with Flying (move anywhere on board). When Owl moves, increase Countdown by 1.
  • Arhart’s Disciple (Decay): Now deals idol damage when damaging another unit, instead of when destroying one.
  • Cannon Automaton (Energy): Updated graphics.
  • Scrolls that prevent targeting by Spells/Enchantments/Abilities have been unified. They now all use the new “Ward” trait, which applies to opponent Spells and Enchantments.

Miscellaneous

• Wild is now enabled across all game modes.
  • Added resource scroll filter (f:, faction:, res: or resource:). Multiple resources are separated by commas (for example f:g,o).
  • We’ve added new animations for attacks, as well as improved screenshake behaviour.
  • You can now begin watching a match before the five-minute waiting period is over. This will take you to an empty battle screen.
  • We’re experimenting with hand limits; you can currently sacrifice for scrolls only if you have 7 or less scrolls in hand.
  • The in-game chat has been moved up, so that it doesn’t obscure the End Turn button.
  • Added “Tips & tricks” button next to “Watch live games”.
  • The AI has been improved.
  • Surrendering no longer forces you to wait for your turn.
  • Added and removed Herobrine.

rusticdog

Neo Member
Everytime i complain i get hit with patch notes lol.

Love your work!

The Wild change is an excellent decision too, though we can probably expect some out of control decks early on, in the long run it really opens up the kind of gameplay through deck variety Scrolls needs.

Card Boy

Banned
https://scrolls.com/2014/05/whats-next-for-scrolls-3

What’s next for Scrolls?

Hello!

I know a lot of you are eager to know what the development team are up to, so I snuck across the office and observed them from a safe distance. It was a fruitful journey that resulted in the following post.

You might notice that a lot of the upcoming tweaks are concerned with easing new players into the game. The first few hours of Scrolls can be intimidating, so we’re making steps to flatten the learning curve.

Read on for the info!

New starter decks, and ways to earn them

We’re changing the starter decks, and the way you unlock them. Now, all players start with a Growth deck and gradually unlock the other factions’ starter decks by playing matches. We’ve also changed the contents of said decks – they’ll still be as balanced as possible, but will keep things simple for Scrolls newbies. You’ll be able to upgrade your starter decks scrolls once the patch hits.

Tweaks to the test server

The test server has been an invaluable resource for the development of Scrolls. For that reason, we’ve decided to open it up to all players on Mondays (CEST). Players will no longer require an invite to play, giving everyone the opportunity to aid development.

newlauncherpic-600x450.png

A revamped launcher

We’re overhauling the Scrolls launcher. Though it might not seem like the most dramatic of updates, it’s actually very important. Mans went into more detail in this reddit post, but it basically lets us update Scrolls quicker and easier, is less intimidating for first-time installers, and allows players to save their login details. You’re going to love it!

New deck building features

We’re introducing an import and export feature to the deck builder. This means that you’ll be able to easily share your custom decks with other players outside the game. Whether you’re doing it to aid their progression or just for bragging rights is up to you.

There are a few other tweaks to the deck builder: the way stats are displayed on scrolls has been improved for visibility, and we’ve added a way to search for a deck by name – thanks to bluej100 for suggesting that feature. :)

More match data

We’re exposing some limited match data so great sites like Scrolls Guide and the ESL can verify the results of matches during their tournaments. Thanks for the support, guys. We hope this helps!

New sounds

We’re adding around 40 new sounds to Scrolls, including buff and debuff sounds and a bunch of new attack sounds to make the battles more intense.

The next set

As you’ve probably guessed, we’re also working on our new set. I’m not able to share specific details yet, but it will be called Waypoints, and it’s going to be awesome! It’s a little further off than the other changes in this post, though.

Is Waypoints a set set or do they mean a new faction?

rusticdog

Neo Member
It'll be a set set, while they haven't ruled out a new faction entirely it's been indicated that such things aren't being considered right now.

Card Boy

Banned
Holy fuck! New Client.

Greetings righteous partisans!

Apologies for the unforseen onslaught, but I have new orders: Honk the Horn of Ages and prepare for a sudden eruption of untainted thought traps! This update is supercharged eclipse, a violent dispersal of Scrolls nutrition, a monstrosity which will electrify you to the end of reason with its law memorial-worth of features, tweaks, and odd sentiments such as “Owls no longer betray players.”*

As mentioned in our last post, lots of these tweaks – including the improved tutorial, easy to earn starter decks, and clearer visual feedback - are designed to ease new players into the game. That said, we’re also making steps to improve competitive play by including new traits, loads of balance changes, and import/export options for custom decks.

We’re also providing Windows users access to our brand-new installer and launcher with this update, and would really appreciate any feedback. It’s at its final stages of testing, but we’re not making it mandatory just yet. If you’d like to give it an early try, hit the link below and then run the installer.

Download the new launcher (Windows only)

Please post any launcher feedback and bug reports in this thread. Thanks!

Read on for the full changelog.
*Don’t worry – unless specifically requested, I won’t try the integrate-scrolls-names-into-copy thing again.

Features

• The test server is now open for all players every Monday CET/CEST
  • All players now start with a new Growth starter deck. Three other starter decks (one for each remaining faction) can be earned by playing matches.
  • Added a second tutorial.
  • Improved visual feedback when opponent uses spells, enchantments and abilities.
  • Decks can now be imported and exported in the deck builder. If you try to import a deck and don’t own all the scrolls, you will be informed which ones you’re missing.
  • Added card owner history to card stats.

Sounds

• Added 40 new sounds

New traits

• Replenish: When this scroll is played, your current Wild is increased equal to the scroll’s cost.
  • Resonance: [Action]: When you play a Spell, [Action] happens.
  • Magic armor X: All non-combat damage dealt to unit is reduced by X.
  • Unstable X: When unit is destroyed, it deals X damage to your opponent’s idol on the same row.
  • Taxing X: When this scroll is played, subsequent castings of scrolls with the same name have their cost increased by X. Thanks to Squiddybiscuit for the suggestion.

Scrolls (removal)

• Quake (Growth): Cost 5 (was 6), added Taxing: 2.
  • Violent Dispersal (Energy): Now deals 8 damage instead of destroying its target immediately.
  • Damning Curse (Decay): Added Taxing: 1.
  • Puppet Soldier (Decay): Now only triggers on combat damage.

Scrolls (ramp)

1. Darkstrike (Energy): Cost 4 (was 3).
  2. Vigor Extraction (Order): Cost 3 (was 2).
  3. Return to Nature (Decay): Added Taxing: 1.
  4. Energy Siphon (Decay): Now increases current Energy by 3 instead of Energy by 1.

Scrolls (enchantments)

• Leeching Ring (Growth): Added Magic armor 1.
  • Elan Vital (Growth): Added Magic armor 1.
  • Oak Blood (Growth): Added Magic armor 1.
  • Bloodboil (Growth): Cost 2 (was 1), added Replenish.
  • Seed of Insurgency (Growth): Cost 5 (was 6).
  • Unleash Inner Power (Growth): Cost 3 (was 4).
  • Binding Root (Growth): Now decreases Move by 2 (was 1).
  • Rigged (Energy): Added Unstable 1.
  • Plating (Energy): Cost 2 (was 1), added Replenish.
  • Resonant Helm (Order): Magic armor 1. Resonance: Enchanted unit is Healed by 2. Castable on both sides.
  • Faith Chains (Order): Cost 2 (was 3).
  • Soldier’s Bond (Order): Added Replenish.
  • Pilgrim’s Feet (Order): Added Magic armor 1.
  • Vengeance Veil (Order): Cost 2 (was 1), added Replenish.
  • Stifled Advance (Order): Added When Stifled Advance comes into play, enchanted unit’s Countdown is increased by 1.
  • Wicked Being (Decay): Curse 3 (was 2), added Unstable 1.
  • Reaping Mask (Decay): Now always gives +3 Attack and Health, added Unstable 3.
  • Pestis (Decay): Cost 2 (was 3).
  • Morbid Curiosity (Decay): Cost 2 (was 4).
  • Cursed Presence (Decay): Now gives Curse 2 against creatures, 4 against structures (was 1 / 2).

Other scrolls

• Essence Feast (Growth): Cost 2 (was 4).
  • Wildling (Growth): Cost 3 (was 4).
  • Echomaton (Energy): Now triggers on Attack 4+, but gets Attack before being destroyed by an opponent spell.
  • Wings Captain (Order): Attack 3 (was 4)
  • Wings Warder (Order): Ward now applies only to other units on the row (no longer affects self).
  • Woodland Memorial (Order): Now triggers if you destroy it with a damage spell.
  • Loyal Darkling (Decay): Uses new Unstable 2 trait.

Miscellaneous

• Each scroll now has a stats view. It works like a separate “page” on the scroll that can be displayed instead of the rules.
  • AI improvements.
  • When selecting a scroll, other scrolls will have their costs grayed out if they can’t be played after the selected one.
  • Added animation for when units are cursed.
  • Added new animation for generic area effects.
  • Watch games list is now sorted by rating per default.
  • Locked scrolls can now be upgraded if combined with two non-locked ones.
  • Screenshot are now automatically saved to disk when pressing F5 or Print Screen.
  • Added deck filtering to choose deck popups.
  • Added 15 new Hard AI decks. Thanks to Blinky for providing the new Hard AI decks introduced with last patch. Additional thanks to Rotzbengel and Sysp for design on the DO Poison and GO Joes decks.
  • Added /mods command to list currently online moderators.
  • Added some moderator commands and functionality.
  • Removed Herobrine.

Bug Fixes

• Fixed resolution issues in rank display.
  • Purifying Nuru’s Needle now properly restores Move.
  • Tutorial games can no longer be spectated.
  • Owls no longer betray players.
  • Metal Wonder now deals its damage even if killed by spell damage.
  • Fixed issues with Void Gate/Blast Strike and Woodland Memorial.
  • Fixed bug where player could be unable to sacrifice after doing a mulligan.

Known Issues

• Scrolls with Taxing get incorrect costs in the card history.
  • The achievements for unlocking new starter decks are not correctly updated in the achievements list. The unlocking works as intended.

https://scrolls.com/2014/06/scrolls-changelog-0-124-starters-sounds-and-more

Looks like I'm necroing this thread. I was looking for a good DTCG to play, and Hearthstone just doesn't appeal to me. Tried Infinity Wars, and it was boring. Same as SolForge. Then I saw that Mojang made a TCG/TTG hybrid.

I've been reading rumors that it may go free-to-play soon, so is buying it now worth it? Does it have tournaments, competitive play and all that jazz? It looks super interesting.

Card Boy

Banned
Does it have tournaments, competitive play and all that jazz? It looks super interesting.

Tournaments are coming but these are the game modes currently available.

Judgement is similar to Hearthstones Arena where you get a set of 3 cards and you choose 1 at a time until you make your deck.

I won't lie to you i would wait for F2P or the demo, it's the weekend and there are only 58 people on. Mojang shot themselves in the foot by charging money for this considering they have microtransactions aswell. It's a great game and it's very strategic but yeah between Hearthstone and charging $15 for this it's not very active. It's the most unique TCG out there i reckon.

Tournaments are coming but these are the game modes currently available.

Judgement is similar to Hearthstones Arena where you get a set of 3 cards and you choose 1 at a time until you make your deck.

I won't lie to you i would wait for F2P or the demo, it's the weekend and there are only 58 people on. Mojang shot themselves in the foot by charging money for this considering they have microtransactions aswell. It's a great game and it's very strategic but yeah between Hearthstone and charging $15 for this it's not very active. It's the most unique TCG out there i reckon.

The gameplay looks amazing, and I love the resource management system, kinda like mana.

But, yeah, spunking out twenty United States American Dollars is a lot of money for a game where you are encouraged to pay additional REAL WORLD MONEY for better cards.

The gameplay looks amazing, and I love the resource management system, kinda like mana.

But, yeah, spunking out twenty United States American Dollars is a lot of money for a game where you are encouraged to pay additional REAL WORLD MONEY for better cards.

Ah, that's not really the case.
You're very limited to what you can spend real world money on (the Shard currency), namely new avatars, pre-constructed decks (which can be bought with gold), and a weekly selection of 6 scrolls in the "Just for you"-section of the store (which can be bought with gold.)

Booster packs can only be bought with gold, which you earn in game and cannot purchase for money, whereas Shards are purchased with dollars.

Btw, there's been two updates shown on the test server (a third coming soon) with the next expansion - Waypoints

Waypoints, part 1
July 3, 2014 - Changelog 0.125.0 (client 125)

Features

Added Black Market, accessible from the Store. This feature is still work in progress - will get limitations (such as number of transactions), as well as a better system for collecting profits.

Added a first iteration profanity filter to the chat. This will likely need tweaking - please help test it!

Traits

New trait: Idol strike X: Deals X extra damage to idols
New trait: Regeneration X: Heals X at the beginning of each of your turns
Poison: Now lasts until purified or unit dies
Flying: Now lets a unit move anywhere, but have its Countdown increased by 1 if moving to a non-adjacent tile

New Scrolls

axoiqQg.png

aGD0frC.png

5zLMlPu.png

5D7DNum.png

Ak1AoqE.png

k3a8iHJ.png

lTMs5UR.png

zGbaEb5.png

VToOqwo.png

Za6GNtt.png

tkGacH7.png

RePdYMm.png

Sf0vR4T.png

dofvb2w.png

sguNECg.png

Pg0Gzip.png

bq4bN1J.png

eMYFv8v.png

G5RDvV0.png

Waypoints, part 2, July 29, 2014 - Changelog 0.126.0 (client 126),

Features

Added Lingering spells. These are spells that stay next to the board and have an effect over several turns.

New Scrolls

Added 20 scrolls more scrolls from Waypoints (set 6). Rarities are not yet set for these scrolls.

Scrolls

Royal Inpsiration (Order): Cost 2 (was 4).

Miscellaneous

When an ability is used, an effect is shown on the user and target of the ability.
Hitting the left and right arrows in the deck builder now scrolls the library correspondingly.
Enchanted units now have a slight additional glow.
Profanity filter now replaces listed words with asterisks instead of blocking messages.

Bug Fixes

Eternal Sword (Order) now transfers properly even when unit is destroyed by death effects.
Relentless units now take Curse value into consideration when destroying defenders (that is, they now deal minimum required damage against Cursed units).

Scrolls

http://imgur.com/a/dPhhl#0

rusticdog

Neo Member
Seeing as Squiddy seems banned for a time, I'll post the update details. As far as Scrolls goes due to the MS purchase of Mojang it is business as usual. The introduction of the Black Market and increased gold gains should really assist those wanting to get back into Scrolls!

Scrolldiers,

Waypoints is nigh! On Tuesday, September 23, we’ll release a live patch. It contains the upcoming set 6, the Black Market, a new OSX launcher, and many other changes. We’re also resetting the ladder!

Waypoints

With Waypoints, we’re introducing 56 new scrolls, bringing the total count up to a full 360. The patch also introduces two major new mechanics – Lingering spells and Sifting. Lingering spells are effects that remain in play for a certain duration. They can dramatically shift the power balance in a match. Sifting is a way to pick and choose from multiple scrolls when drawing them, adding another level of strategy to certain new scrolls.

Ladder Reset

When we release Waypoints, we’ll reset everybody’s rankings and introduce ladder seasons in Scrolls. To wrap up this first season, we’ll award a special avatar head to the top ten ranked players at 10 PM CEST, on Saturday, September 20. We haven’t yet decided the length of seasons, but we’re looking at three or four seasons per year.

The Black Market

The Black Market is a place for Scrolldiers to trade scrolls with each other even when one party is offline. Name your price, put the scroll up for sale, and hope somebody buys it. For buyers, the market will automatically find the best offers for the scrolls you’re looking to purchase.

Increased Gold Gain

We’ve increased gold gained from matches by 25%. Coupled with the Black Market, we’re hoping this will minimize grind and make building your collection a fun and rewarding process.

Revised Judgement

Judgement gold rewards have been increased substantially, and rarities are no longer determined per row. Look forward to a Judgement mode that’s more fun than ever!

Balance Changes

We’ve once again gone over a great number of existing scrolls and revised their balance. Prepare for an all new meta.

A New Wild

We’ve changed the Wild sacrifice rules to be more lenient, thus giving multi-resource decks another edge. At long last, Kinfolk Veterans and Gravelock Elders can hang out like the friends they are.

New Trials

We’ve added ten brand new trials to repeatedly bash your head against. But don’t fret! We’re almost entirely sure it’s possible to beat them. Probably.

Quick Match is back

With the test server now open to everyone, we’ve reverted Testing Grounds to Quick Match. Further tests will be run on the test server instead.

SP Quickmatch is now Skirmish

We’ve renamed single player quickmatch to ‘Skirmish’, to differentiate it from multiplayer quickmatch.

New Launcher for OSX

With this patch, we’re beginning testing of the new launcher for OSX. You can download and try it today! Here’s the launcher for OSX and Windows. Note that the launcher is still a first iteration – please give feedback and report any bugs here.

That’s it for today. Thanks for sticking with us. <3

Måns – @MansOlson and the Scrolls team

Card Boy

Banned
I was hoping for the MS buyout would mean something for Scrolls but all we got in the press release was 'no plans' lol.

rusticdog

Neo Member
This is some good news. It's a sweet spot as the price point so long as the sales flow.

We’re reducing the price of Scrolls. Here’s why

tablet_post.png

Hello,

As you might remember from our last update post, Scrolls is getting released on tablets very soon. Aside from the technical issues of porting a game of such awesomeness to portable devices, we’ve realised that our current price point is not feasible for flatter, more touchy, machines.

Cross-platform play is extremely important to us, so creating separate communities for tablets and PC/Mac was out of the question. We’re also determined to maintain a one-off cost for Scrolls and not pressure our players into spending extra cash in order to be competitive, or to have a good time in both the early and late game.

Our current price of $21 isn’t feasible for tablets. As you probably already know, games are cheap on those things. Free-to-play would be an option, but we’re not keen on the way that that form of monetisation can affect gameplay.

After taking these points into consideration, we’ve decided to implement the following price changes once the game is released this Autumn:

The price will be lowered to $5, or equivalent in your currency.
Existing customers will be given the $20 shard package at no additional cost.
We will feature full cross-platform play. PC, Mac, and tablet players will face off against each other in a digital battle royale! Your scrolls collection will be consistent across platforms.

That’s all for now. We hope you like these decisions! See you on the battlefield.

Owen – @bopogamel, Mans – @MansOlson, and the Scrolls team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom