• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SE announces Chaos Rings III (iOS/Android) and Chaos Rings III Prequel Trilogy (Vita)

By "prequel trilogy" do they mean the original, Omega, and II?

I'm beginning to wonder that too.

Because it started as a smartphone series, maybe make 3 "exclusive" for a time before porting to Vita too (depending how well 1 + 2 + Omega collection sells).

The article doesn't read like that, but who knows.

Radogol

I don't get how the smartphone games can form a trilogy when there's I, II, Sigma and Omega. Why does everyone forget about Sigma?

Shinriji

Because it started as a smartphone series, maybe make 3 "exclusive" for a time before porting to Vita too (depending how well 1 + 2 + Omega collection sells).

Maybe the vita game is a collection of 1, 2 and Omega, but not include the third game?

By "prequel trilogy" do they mean the original, Omega, and II?

I'm starting to wonder if they're including 3 in that and not Omega, and there will be a bigger console Chaos Rings game as a follow up. There isn't really anything to support this, it's just an idea I had based on the name though.

Maybe the vita game is a collection of 1, 2 and Omega, but not include the third game?

Prequel Trilogy is definitely the subtitle of the vita port of 3.

Takao

Banned
I don't get how the smartphone games can form a trilogy when there's I, II, Sigma and Omega. Why does everyone forget about Sigma?

Sigma still doesn't have a release date.

Chaos Rings III and Chaos Rings III Prequel Trilogy are out on the same day. Hopefully things will be clear when Square Enix opens the site.

Chaos Rings III and Chaos Rings III Prequel Trilogy are out on the same day. Hopefully things will be clear when Square Enix opens the site.

That's what I was meaning (I realise my post was a little unclear.

Chaos Rings 1 + 2 + Omega collection for Vita. Chaos Rings 3 phone exclusive, to come to Vita at a later date if 1 + 2 + Omega sells well.

Wouldn't surprise me, but like Takao says, Square Enix should be opening the site soon so we'll know.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Really don't like the change in art style. Bleh.

rick08mx

Neo Member
As long as SQ-Enix continues making games for vita I'm OK.
I think FFX-HD did well on sales so they will keep supporting the vita more.

I only played Chaos Rings one, and it was such a bad game. I was really upset with it, and this was the first mobile purchase I made, and the last.

Dsyndrome

Square Enix's every decision just brings either anger or despair. Checks with chart if it's just the new game and no previous ones.

antibolo

Banned
Remember all those "International Edition" games that never left Japan?

What? They were titled as such because they included the extra content from the foreign releases. What we had was already the "International Editions" to begin with.

As long as SQ-Enix continues making games for vita I'm OK.
I think FFX-HD did well on sales so they will keep supporting the vita more.

But they're NOT making games for Vita, just porting existing ones.

Takao

Banned
AmiAmi has a bunch of screenshots:

gMyvm6e.jpg
9ygUQOl.jpg
S0EUv2p.jpg
e6xOYnv.jpg
7I0mAjA.jpg
1nY3ZZU.jpg
YIvYR5q.jpg
AMEyk45.jpg
deboNTA.jpg
H2oYbJf.jpg
qGc1tqj.jpg
uQ3AMYl.jpg
XML2Wnh.jpg
Y5Qb7uv.jpg
zui2PWq.jpg
FaHf69B.jpg
u46o2LU.jpg
oK240Cq.jpg
KGVWj3u.jpg
D0s7z7O.jpg
o9mBVgP.jpg
o2cpNZi.jpg
ZkYpd6w.jpg
oC4oFzd.jpg

Jawmuncher

Whoa how did I miss this news! Awesome I love chaos rings my favorite RPGs in a long while. I'll be jumping on both of these.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
I like it, but I don't mind that they changed the art design for this entry to begin with. It will probably catch more eyes too.

Some of the screens have a KH vibe and others kind of remind me of Arc Rise Fantasia (looks-wise. I've never played the latter). Battle screens are looking dynamic, curious to know what upgrades they made to the genes/sopia and break systems.

Takao

Banned

duckroll

I do think it's important to note that the copyright lines differ per platform on the official site. The phones only mention 2014, but the Vita part cites content from 2010 - 2012 as well as 2014. The other three Chaos Rings games were released in that earlier time frame.

Well, the bonus materials for the Vita LE contains stuff from the entire series, including illustrations by the previous character designer, so it would be really, really stupid if it's not the entire series in the package: http://store.jp.square-enix.com/special/chaos

Well, the bonus materials for the Vita LE contains stuff from the entire series, including illustrations by the previous character designer, so it would be really, really stupid if it's not the entire series in the package: http://store.jp.square-enix.com/special/chaos

i was worried for a sec that only the LE was called "prequel trilogy" but it looks like the DL version is also called that.. the pricing is practically perfect for including the previous games

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
I like my rpgs or games in general colorful, but this just looks off - i prefered the more toned down look of the original Chaos Rings.

RalchAC

Artwork from the links above + bigger version of the one in the OP.

iYDWBnt2ORjnV.png
ibqZleS7LpCYc7.png

iP3JqIRz1MbjW.jpg
ilfRa7il27lsY.jpg
iDhT84cRwHh5D.jpg

iyTAKA2v3Wq6I.jpg

ibb9vHex71SkNd.jpg

iMXpYxKAihvH4.jpg

ibuaJPXP6xX5Xq.jpg

igOck8iAnVYJF.png

No Kingdom hearts guys, the main character doesn't use clown shoes. The question now is why there is a picture that looks sooooooo like a Drakengard wallpaper.

Nice. I kinda like both art styles, but it is a jarring to change mid-series.
Neat, guess I'll look for some gameplay vids now.

Jomjom

Banned
This should come over to the US right??? I mean the first three were already released here on mobile and therefore have translations already.

I've only played about 20 minutes of the first one and will continue to not touch them if I can play them on Vita eventually.

Top Bottom