• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sea of Thieves (XB1/PC) Gameplay Reveal - Xbox E3 2016

qcOnU7n.png

It's a neat shirt, but yeah, I think I'm gonna pass lol

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
I have a feeling this game will be a critical smash success but an absolute flop commercially. On face value, it just seems too heavily reliant on the social aspect. By that I mean, it seems like a game that you basically HAVE to play with friends or its fucking shite. I'm not sure how many people are in a position to have a group of 4 or 5 mates all wanting to buy a Pirate game together.

I reckon it'll hit close to a 95 Metacritic, but will sell less than 1 million worldwide lifetime.

qcOnU7n.png

It's a neat shirt, but yeah, I think I'm gonna pass lol

I won one of those shirts on Twitter. It's too big so I use it as a pyjama shirt.

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
I have a feeling this game will be a critical smash success but an absolute flop commercially. On face value, it just seems too heavily reliant on the social aspect. By that I mean, it seems like a game that you basically HAVE to play with friends or its fucking shite. I'm not sure how many people are in a position to have a group of 4 or 5 mates all wanting to buy a Pirate game together.

I reckon it'll hit close to a 95 Metacritic, but will sell less than 1 million worldwide lifetime.

I won one of those shirts on Twitter. It's too big so I use it as a pyjama shirt.

dont think you will require friends most people will want to get shit done and the only way to get it done is work together

This has probably been answered, but is single player, offline mode and story part of this game?

it will have quests and things to strive for but its 100% online its like dayz but with purpose and things to actually do

Didnt know if this warranted a new thread (probably not) but for those of us not attending Gamescom this week, Rare are going to be streaming Sea of Thieves live from the show floor.

EJkVvTw.jpg

Please please, pretty please dont be the same demo from E3.....

Theorry

Doubt its the same demo if they are streaming.
Looking forward to it, Atm i have abit of No Mans Sky feeling with it from a while ago. There isnt enough info so your mind is filling in some blanks and make it probably greater then it is.:)

SOR5

Didnt know if this warranted a new thread (probably not) but for those of us not attending Gamescom this week, Rare are going to be streaming Sea of Thieves live from the show floor.

EJkVvTw.jpg

Please please, pretty please dont be the same demo from E3.....

Ace, I hope so much comes from Gamescom

bjaelke

Rare Ltd. @RareLtd
@bjaelke We're bringing our specially tailored show floor build with us (like the one at E3) and you'll be able to watch live gameplay!

I really, really, really want to play Sea of Thieves when it is out. But:

1. I do not have an Xbox One and don't plan to buy one (as this is the only Xbox game I am interested in

2. My PC sucks.

In fact I am about to upgrade my PC but I am not much of a PC gamer (PS4 gamer here) and to go berserk with uber specs, I guess, would be a waste. But it seems PC is the only option I have. What are the chances of Sea of Thieves running nicely on an i5 with a GTX 960?

PS. My current PC is housed inside a BitFenix Prodigy M case, and I would like to use the same case for a new build.

1. I do not have an Xbox One and don't plan to buy one (as this is the only Xbox game I am interested in

2. My PC sucks.

In fact I am about to upgrade my PC but I am not much of a PC gamer (PS4 gamer here) and to go berserk with uber specs, I guess, would be a waste. But it seems PC is the only option I have. What are the chances of Sea of Thieves running nicely on an i5 with a GTX 960?

PS. My current PC is housed inside a BitFenix Prodigy M case, and I would like to use the same case for a new build.

An i5 and a 960 is not a crappy PC. That's like lower mid range.

Chances are you will be perfectly fine.

An i5 and a 960 is not a crappy PC. That's like lower mid range.

Chances are you will be perfectly fine.

Ah that's what I was planning to upgrade to :)

Basically this:

- Intel Core 6M Cache,3.30 GHz Processor (i5-6600) (Turbo Boost 3.9 GHz)
- Gigabyte Nvidia Gtx 960 Version PCI-E Graphics Card
- Asus H110 M Motherboard with Intel DDR4 USB 3.1 Micro ATX Motherboard
- Kingston FURY 16GB 2133MHz DDR4 Kit 2, HX421C14FBK2/16

I will be gaming on a 1080p panel.

Ah that's what I was planning to upgrade to :)

Basically this:

- Intel Core 6M Cache,3.30 GHz Processor (i5-6600) (Turbo Boost 3.9 GHz)
- Gigabyte Nvidia Gtx 960 Version PCI-E Graphics Card
- Asus H110 M Motherboard with Intel DDR4 USB 3.1 Micro ATX Motherboard
- Kingston FURY 16GB 2133MHz DDR4 Kit 2, HX421C14FBK2/16

There is zero reason to buy a 960 right now, wait for the GTX 1060 3GB at least, if not getting a 1060 6GB altogether.

Broman1978

2. My PC sucks.

Why not just buy an Xbox One? It would be MUCH cheaper.

MilkyJoe

i really dont like online games at all. But if you have four or five mates, I can honestly say that this could be a system seller, jaysis that looks great.

I have two mates on xbox....

BTM

Looks like so much fun. I didn't know there could be more than 2 ships at a time. Have they confirmed how many people can be in one world together?

Not yet, but I think it's safe to assume there will be quite a few more than just 3 groups.

Top Bottom