• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Seattle-GAF!

This weekend is going to be amazing.

what's everybody up to?

Wife, daughter and I have our Nexus Pass interview at the border in Blaine tomorrow morning, so we're gonna turn it into a day trip to Vancouver. Brunch at Alibi Room, shopping, Stanley Park and a stop at Four Winds Brewing in Delta before coming home.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
This winter has been a freakin' cakewalk, weather-wise. I for one welcome our glorious global warming overlord.

On a beer related note, a friend was telling me that Rogue has a sriracha stout that you can find in some local stores. I'm going to have to try one, though I expect going in that it's going to be more of an "experience" than an actual good drinkable beer. I generally think Rogue makes good stuff though, so maybe they'll surprise me.

riotous

Banned
Yeah I use portable air conditioners.. I get pretty annoyed in the summer without A/C.

Being hot outside doesn't really bother me, but can't stand it indoors.

riotous

Banned
This is going to be my first summer without AC, but it's also my first summer in Seattle. How bad could it possibly be?

Highly variable; I've lived in homes/apartments where you probably wouldn't turn the AC on if you had it.. and then I've lived in places where it can easily be 80+ inside regularly during the summer due to how the windows are situated and how little shade their is.

The townhome I used to live in, the 3rd floor was inhospitable to human life on days where the temps got above 80. It actually got too hot for my computer to run games, the video card overheated.

jb1234

I got central air conditioning. COME AT ME SUMMER

Goddamn you.

This is going to be my first summer without AC, but it's also my first summer in Seattle. How bad could it possibly be?

Depends on the summer. Several years back, we had one especially miserable one where the temps crawled up to the 90s and stayed there for a week. One day even reached 103.

On a beer related note, a friend was telling me that Rogue has a sriracha stout that you can find in some local stores. I'm going to have to try one, though I expect going in that it's going to be more of an "experience" than an actual good drinkable beer. I generally think Rogue makes good stuff though, so maybe they'll surprise me.

Rogue is overpriced and their experimental beers are overpriced bile.

dubc35

Saw many Rogue sriracha's in a store today. I'm no fan of either really, so I passed. I like the bottle design though.

rogue-sriracha-hot-stout-glass.png

dLMN8R

Man, Whistler is kinda sad right now :-(

Some decent skiing to be found, and it's warm enough to go with light clothes and nothing covering my face, but damn is it barren! So many closed runs, and it's basically either icy or slushy.

Alright Seattle-GAF, I'm returning to your fine neck of the woods at the end of April and I have a rough outline planned out. Last time I didn't have a car, so it was a lot of walking, not really knowing where I was going, so this time I'm trying to get a vague plan together.

Arrive on a Friday night, leave Tuesday so as it stands right now:

Saturday - driving around and exploring (Pinball Museum and check out a Pink Gorilla or two), Mariners game that night
Sunday - drive up to Vancouver for the day (plan is take I-5, then get off at Bellingham and go through Lynden to the border, read that's pretty)
Monday - more exploring, probably along the coast

Last time I was there I explored downtown and the Farmers Market, hit up EMP, rode the Monorail, did the Skyview (and those amazing views reallly made me wish I had a car), rode the ferry, so I covered a good bit in the two days I had last time.

Not looking to go hiking or anything like that - I'm not in the shape for it. Really just wanting to see more of the region, because coming from New Orleans, anything that's not flat or hot is mind boggling.

So, anything that might be recommended?

Stuggernaut

Grandma's Chippy
I work in Seattle every day (Wallingford) and I never let myself go explore all the food options. I really need to get out more.

Although we used to go to the Red Door over in Freemont all the time, and that was good pub food.

TeegsD

Hey all, gonna be staying at the SeaTac airport hotel until Thursday night so I'll be in Seattle for a few nights. Ive been before but haven't really experienced much nightlife as the drive to the Tri-Cities is almost 4 hours. Any spots to check out, especially for St. Patty's Day?

dLMN8R

I think I've been to Seamonster 4 times in the last two weeks. Love the music there, drinks are priced well, easy to get a seat if you arrive around 9PM.

mYm|17|

Chicken and waffles at Burgundian tonight. Oh yeah.

I was so close to getting that for brunch last time I was there, but didn't. :(
They do have the chicken and waffles on their happy hour menu too. The pretzels are pretty legit as well

Loving this weather today. Stepped outside to make a phone call and did not want to come back into the office

Trouble

Banned
Wooo lightning!

It's so foreign to me now. Used to be a near daily thing during the summer where I grew up on the east coast.

Spent the weekend in Seattle and had a blast. Hiked mt Rainier from the park entrance to paradise, I got some awesome pictures I'll post soon. Spending two nights in Portland getting wasted before finishing off my trip back in Seattle for one last weekend. I like it up here much more than swamp ass Florida.

riotous

Banned
Yeah I bought in Shoreline 12 blocks from the Seattle city line in 2008; had a dip after that where the value dumped like 20% but then it's gone back up.

Top Bottom