• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Seattle-GAF!

mYm|17|

I did Mt. Pilchuck last week with my 3 1/2 daughter on my back the whole way.

AeY5Sz1l.jpg

The lookout tower was clouded in, but this was a nice view below.

My friend actually hiked that this past weekend as well. I really want to try this hike some time

I want to thank everyone who provided help on finding cool stuff in the city and with tips on finding a KEXP shirt for my friend. I ended up going to that t-shirt store someone mentioned and found one for him! I really enjoyed the city (we walked around for a good bit, went to Space Needle, Pike's Place Market, etc). Weather felt great on Monday and Tuesday as well. I'm back home now, but I definitely want to go back at some point!

Is there a Seattle|OT thread? I thought this was it...

Not sure if this is the right place to post this but trying to get rid of my baseball tickets.

Please PM me if you or anyone you know is interested.

Mariners-vs.-Blue-Jays.gif

I am selling a pair of Toronto Blue Jays vs Seattle Mariners tickets, the game is the one on Saturday, July 25, at Safeco Field in Seattle at 1:05pm.

Section 117, Row 6, Seat 13 and 14.

These are Great seats, lower level, close to first base.

These are online tickets that you can print out at home and take it to the game. I will transfer the tickets to you online through Mariners Ticketmaster. I will provide all necessary proof of purchase documents, (screen grabs, video etc.) The online tickets don't need to be printed out if you don't want to, you can enter the ball game via your smartphone using the "Mobile Entry" feature. I will accept e-transfer via your bank or PayPal for this option.

I am selling them for less than face value at only $110 USD for the pair.

You could contact me via PM

Thank you!!

Heck I might as well mention I have Capitol Hill Block Party Tickets for Friday night, a pair of tickets for cheap, if anyone's interested.

The tickets are for the Friday afternoon- night event where TV On The Radio is headlining and buncha other great bands and groups are performing: Jamie XX, Built to Spill, Broods etc. Please see the full list by copying and pasting the link below (click on "Friday")

http://capitolhillblockparty.com/home/lineup/

Unfortunately I got caught up with work and there's no way I am going to make it to Seattle on time for this on Friday night.

The tickets are purchased online: I can email them to you, you can print them out at home. I will accept Paypal or e-Transfer through your bank for this option. Proof of purchase will be provided.

I am asking for little less than face value at $120 USD a pair (Flexible, but I will only sell them as a pair)
Please PM me if interested.

is this the seattlegaf OT??? i'm thinking of applying at some jobs out there next year, i'm currently in the bay area just looking for something new. im sure living in seattle is crazy expensive but what about neighboring towns like bremerton? any help would be great :)

is this the seattlegaf OT??? i'm thinking of applying at some jobs out there next year, i'm currently in the bay area just looking for something new. im sure living in seattle is crazy expensive but what about neighboring towns like bremerton? any help would be great :)

I dunno if Bremerton counts as neighboring, as it's a pretty significant ferry ride away

jb1234

how long is the ride?? it looks like it would be no more than 1 hour

Yeah, it's about 45 minutes. Bremerton is a nice area but price-wise, that commute would add up if you're going to work in downtown Seattle. I especially wouldn't consider it a viable commute if you were going to work in the Eastside.

Ah 320 a month is a bit steep, wouldnt it be just as bad driving? Considering there's parking and gas and all that? Where would be a good place to live with fair pricing? I'm looking to pay no more than 1500 a month

cdyhybrid

Ah 320 a month is a bit steep, wouldnt it be just as bad driving? Considering there's parking and gas and all that? Where would be a good place to live with fair pricing? I'm looking to pay no more than 1500 a month

Driving would add at least an hour on to your commute unless you were leaving at an ungodly hour.

jb1234

You may or may not be able to get an one-bedroom apartment at those prices in the central Seattle area. I know rent has gotten very expensive there. I do know that it gets cheaper the further north or south you go (not so much east since the Eastside is often just as expensive).

Don't assume going North in Seattle will help, at least not in my neighborhood. Rents in Green Lake are fucking ridiculous from the little I've paid attention when out walking around. It's getting stupid.

Maybe up in Maple Leaf, Crown Hill or Broadview? I have no clue if it gets better.

jb1234

Don't assume going North in Seattle will help, at least not in my neighborhood. Rents in Green Lake are fucking ridiculous from the little I've paid attention when out walking around. It's getting stupid.

Maybe up in Maple Leaf, Crown Hill or Broadview? I have no clue if it gets better.

Maybe further north like Shoreline?

riotous

Banned
Homes are still affordable up here in Shoreline; but I don't know how rents are.

I live at the south edge of Shoreline between I-5 and 99. It's pretty convenient; tons of access to a lot of different decent back-roads (and of course I-5 and 99.)

But not the sort of walkable neighborhood style living many are after; unless you live off Pho and smoke shops.

You can definitely do $1500 for a one-bedroom in Ballard. I pay just a little more than that and I have a two-bedroom.

You'll be right next to the D Line too so it'll take you straight downtown, if that's where you're working.

My friend and I are looking for places in the Wallingford, Fremont and Ravenna neighborhoods, we're seeing pretty much 1,300-1,600 for two bedrooms.

Also Ba Bar is fucking nuts, the dinner rush can be crazy but to have two more rushes at midnight and two in the morning?

dLMN8R

My friend and I are looking for places in the Wallingford, Fremont and Ravenna neighborhoods, we're seeing pretty much 1,300-1,600 for two bedrooms.

Also Ba Bar is fucking nuts, the dinner rush can be crazy but to have two more rushes at midnight and two in the morning?

Do you work there now? Cool. I just tried it for my first time last week!

How much is the bremerton to seattle ferry??

You can get a monthly pass for around $100. Do this.

I lived in Bremerton for six months and commuted to downtown Seattle. It's your average military town - lots of pawn shops, not entirely safe and nothing to do unless you like drinking copious amounts of alcohol with enlisted sailors. If you absolutely have to live in Kitsap county, try Poulsbo.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Come on over to Flying Bike Co-Op Brewery in Greenwood. Members opening all weekend, with the public grand opening next Saturday.

I am boycotting breweries until they quit this embarrassing hops arms race. Reminds me of the Stinking Rose garlic overdose period.

I GET IT YOUR BEER TASTES OF FUCKING HOPS

I am boycotting breweries until they quit this embarrassing hops arms race. Reminds me of the Stinking Rose garlic overdose period.

I GET IT YOUR BEER TASTES OF FUCKING HOPS

Then come drink with me at Holy Mountain or Machine House. And get over yourself. Lots of great local breweries making things other than hop bombs.

Izayoi

Banned
God, I love working downtown, but the commute is horrible.

I need to get a condo or something downtown. 41 is late every fucking day it seems, and sometimes as late as 30 minutes.

What the fuck, Metro? Get your shit together.

leroidys

I need to get a condo or something downtown. 41 is late every fucking day it seems, and sometimes as late as 30 minutes.

brace yourself, it's just going to get worse.

Metro can only go as fast as traffic allows. Transit is highly un-prepared for the huge influx of people coming in :-\. I have some friends that are drivers and they are being pushed and stressed out trying to adjust. It takes planning over a year to make a effective route adjustment sometimes :-(

jb1234

Metro can only go as fast as traffic allows. Transit is highly un-prepared for the huge influx of people coming in :-\. I have some friends that are drivers and they are being pushed and stressed out trying to adjust. It takes planning over a year to make a effective route adjustment sometimes :-(

I'm really glad I'm no longer doing freelance work, where I had to drive from gig to gig. It was difficult seven years ago and would be borderline impossible now with traffic being completely unpredictable.

dubc35

I was going through some old files and found some apartment listings I was looking at circa 2005. City looks a little cheaper back then.

CAPITOL HILL Lg studio, hrdwds, classic brick, lndry in bldg, high cove ceilings, parking, $650. 425-785-0994Posted March 19th

BALLARD 1 bd, 1ba, laundry on site. Close to shopping. Utilities & off street parking included. NS. $650/mo Please call 206.232.0750.Posted March 17th

BALLARD FREE MARCH RENT Roomy 1 bd on 2nd floor. Close to bus & shops. Storage, new carpet/paint. NS. $655/mo. (206) 789-7625Posted March 16th

BALLARD - HISTORICAL DISTRICT - Large Studio $625 & 1 bedrooms $660. 5227 Leary Ave. NW 206-789-5401 www.curtissapartments.comPosted March 16th

BALLARD 1 bd, 1 ba. Very clean, W/D on site, off street parking, on bus lines. N/S N/P. $575mo. Please call 206-650-6342Posted March 16th

CAPITOL HILL $550-$600 Rmdlng Specials. Studio/Sm bd w/crtyrd view, dining, hdwd, crpt. NS/NP. Pike/Pine. 206-405-3689; 236-8058.Posted March 16th

CAPITOL HILL Great studio, could be live/work space. Off street parking, onsite laundry. ALL UTILITIES INCLUDED! $525/mo. 360-341-2256Posted March 16th

EASTLAKE 1bd, cozy! On busline. Near Lake Union, Downtown & UW. 600+ sqft. NP/NS. Ben or Joan, 206-328-6685Posted March 16th

FREMONT 1 Bedroom for $725. Large bright unit with new carpet. Intercom entrance, on bus line, parking. (206) 545-7105 Posted March 16th

QUEEN ANNE Historic Landmark Building 1 bd - $750/ mo · Quiet studio - $500/ mo Hardwood flrs, close to shops & bus. Heat incl., Cats OK. 115 W. Olympic Pl. 206-285-5993Posted March 16th

S LAKE UNION MERCERVIEW Studio, 1 bds & 2 bds from $695 - $1,795. Make downtown your home. 206 344-3333Posted March 16th

WEDGEWOOD Large, private, 1 bd - $650. Spacious studio, $525. Clean, quiet buidling. NS, no dogs. 425-283-0748 or 360-652-9848Posted March 16th

So, I spontaneously bought a plane ticket to your city yesterday for October...

I really don't know much about Seattle, what can I do in 5 days?

Pacific Northwest area really has fascinated me for a long time because of the topography. Seattle in particular because it seems like a "hey this is a big city but there is nature outside!"

Top Bottom