• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SFV: Premium Costumes

MrDaravon

characters are fight money or zenny

story costumes and colors are fight money or zenny

premium costumes (above) are zenny only

This needs to go in the OP, along with the fact that the season pass only gives you premium outfits for the characters IN that pass, and not all of the existing characters.

More on topic I actually like most of these but holy shit Ken is legitimately so fucking awful. It's baffling.

careksims

Ugh.... Ken... just no. Ever since they revealed Ken..... just so ugly.

I agree with the others! Why can't we have the internet fix Ken?

J

JeremyEtcetera

Unconfirmed Member
Macho Man Zangief Savage is the best one here.

Memory

I already have Cammy & Ryu, the rest are terrible imo, the Nash D.Dark costume is okay but would have been better without his patchwork skin.

If your going to charge for something shouldn't they be attractive?

Pejo

Internet fixed that Ken:

That second Ken is amazing. Capcom won't ever fix him, but it's amazing.

Death Metal Necalli and MAYBE MK Ninja Nash are buys for me. Still, that price sucks, and it's honestly kind of an F-U to Season Pass buyers.

Rymuth

CevPrzbWAAAc3YF.jpg
#dead

How are Dhalsim players feeling about that Sim costume? I've heard people's opinions on every costume except that one.
Uhhh what I thought everything can be bought with fight money wtf?
Everything that affects gameplay can be be bought with FM like characters. Costumes don't affect game balance so some are FM only, some are Zenny only.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
You know, I don't really find $4 to be not too bad for costumes. I've spent more than that in some MMO cash shops for some sweet outfits. So, I'm willing to drop some money but...mannnnn they are going to have to do better than some of these.

Like, it's hard to believe Ken's hair/face came from a professional development team. It's that bad. He animates wonderfully, but he is gross.

LakeEarth

I haven't tried Mika because I find her costume offputting (personal preference). I was hoping that maybe one of her alt costumes would tone her down a bit .... not yet I see. Maybe the next one!

Zangief's is definitely the standout, Necalli is up there though.

Are the story mode costumes gonna be available too? All of them?
Yup, all story mode costumes will be available for 40,000 FM each.

The Alpha Ryu and the Chun-Li police outfit will be free for everyone. Rest will still need to be purchased with FM though.

Just 45 minutes to go!!
Wait really?

The season pass doesn't cover premium costumes?

That's the biggest load of horseshit yet.

You do get 6 characters, and premium costume each for those 6 characters. You also get a new stage apparently.

How are Dhalsim players feeling about that Sim costume? I've heard people's opinions on every costume except that one.
Everything that affects gameplay can be be bought with FM like characters. Costumes don't affect game balance so some are FM only, some are Zenny only.
Wouldn't have looked like a yoga princess if they got rid of the hair and crown.

CD'S BAR

I'm all for paying for dlc but shit, $4 for one costume is damn near price gouging. DOA5 alt costumes were just as different and $1.99. I do think all of these alts look great though.

entremet

Yup, all story mode costumes will be available for 40,000 FM each.

The Alpha Ryu and the Chun-Li police outfit will be free for everyone. Rest will still need to be purchased with FM though.

Just 45 minutes to go!!

You do get 6 characters, and premium costume each for those 6 characters. You also get a new stage apparently.

iirc they should be available in like 45 mins and those are fight money buyable

is the horseshit that you didn't read what comes with the season pass?

I'm not grinding for costumes. Are they also buyable with real cash?

Not the story mode costumes, no. THey're FM exclusive.

You can just complete the story mode with every character. Just skip through the dialogue, there are like 2-3 fights per character, difficulty is so low, 1 year olds have completed it and you get over 100k FM for it.
Does the season pass unlock these, and all future Zenny only costumes?

Nope, Season pass gets you the 6 DLC characters and a premium costume for each of those DLC characters. No other premium costumes.

vulva

They will be once they get the system sorted out for buying zenny. I guess there's some issues, but everything you can buy with fight money you can also buy with zenny, which is the in game currency that you purchase with cash

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
I'm all for paying for dlc but shit, $4 for one costume is damn near price gouging. DOA5 alt costumes were just as different and $1.99. I do think all of these alts look great though.

Comparing Tecmo's DLC costumes to Capcom is unfair. Tecmo has that shit on lock. Hell, Capcom should have outsourced DLC costumes to Tecmo. =P

Endo Punk

At first I didnt like Ken but then I realised he is just losing his looks. The dude is aged like everyone else but unlike Ryu time was not kind to him, the result of being a family man.

I-hate-u

Not the story mode costumes, no. THey're FM exclusive.

You can just complete the story mode with every character. Just skip through the dialogue, there are like 2-3 fights per character, difficulty is so low, 1 year olds have completed it and you get over 100k FM for it.

Nope, Season pass gets you the 6 DLC characters and a premium costume for each of those DLC characters. No other premium costumes.

Well, that's crap. Thanks for replying.

Mesoian

iirc they should be available in like 45 mins and those are fight money buyable

is the horseshit that you didn't read what comes with the season pass?

The horseshit is calling something a season pass that doesn't include everything in the season. Why even buy that thing?

Full disclosure, I didn't buy it due to the FM parity. That doesn't make it any less bullshit though, that thing is worthless, an actual waste of 30 dollars.

Kyne

Still no confirmation when the store is actually going up, correct?

I want the Ryu alt. You telling me there's no way to currently get it?

entremet

The horseshit is calling something a season pass that doesn't include everything in the season. Why even buy that thing?

Full disclosure, I didn't buy it due to the FM parity. That doesn't make it any less bullshit though, that thing is worthless, an actual waste of 30 dollars.

Yeah. It's very weird that the costumes were not included.

Still no confirmation when the store is actually going up, correct?

I want the Ryu alt. You telling me there's no way to currently get it?
Short of paying someone on Ebay an exorbitant sum of money, no.

It was a Gamestop Pre-order exclusive for PS4 and the only way to get it will probably be when the Zenny store hits, "in the near future".
I still can't believe people BUY costumes.
F2p games like Dota 2 make their money almost exclusively off this stuff.
Though for fighting games, people just want to support the game's future and get a fun costume for their favourite characters to keep things fresh.

Top Bottom